older firmware help

jesste66

Inactive User
Reaction score
my 360 was flashed about 3 years ago but still plays all the new games ,i am now considering going online ,so do i need to update my drives firmware or is it ok as long as the games are all verified with abgx

im in the same boat running ixtreme older version, wont play wave3 games need to upgrade to ixtreme 1.51 Hitachi drive so no ixtreme1.6 available yet...
Time to learn about Jungle Flasher..last time I flashed the drive it was using maximus firmware toolkit or something similar..

Very easy to flash with JungleFlasher. I got a hitachi and I found it very easy once I followed the tuts step by step.

Give us a shout if you need any help, i'll try to help

Quick question for anyone who has upgraded from an older version of ixtreme on a hitachi drive to 1.51 using Jungleflasher.

- Im aware I need to restore to stock firmware before then upgrading to ixtreme 1.51.
- I have the Hirtachi original firmwares in the ixtreme 1.51 firmware pack, placed in the jungle flasher firmware directory.
- Do I still need the original firmware, i.e: dumped from my drive when it was originally flashed ? Or will Jungle flasher be able to automatically extract my drive key from my current ixtreme version on the drive and apply the key to the stock firmware in the jungle flasher firmware folder ?
- Just trying to figure out whether I need my original firmware dump and drive key. or whether this is all automated by Jungle Flasher..

JungleFlasher will not touch the key sector unless you ask it to.

So, you dont need your OFW, you need the one that matches JF's MD5 checksum (firmware pack)

Succesfully upgraded to ixtreme 1.51 using JF, fairly straightforward. It was more difficult getting windows to recognise the drive using VIA chipset.
Had to get drive into modeB 1st before it was recognised, then JF could not detect the drive on the left hand side under any of the port addresses.
But it did detect it on the right hand side as Windows had detected the drive ad allocated a driver letter JF was able to query the drive. Tested flash dump 1st, which worked, so went ahead and flashed to stock, then 1.51, all went smoothly. Tested with batman Arkham Asylum and FIFA 10.

Back