old starview box still working?

jitstar

Inactive User
Reaction score
hi im new here, so Hello everybody.

ok i know that nagra3 has been rolled out everywhere, my box in Ilford is the starview usb 2 only had it 4 months but its still receives some channels like disney cartoons, but all premium channels have gone.

Now in my flat in Grays i have an old silver starview box which has never had new firmware put on it i just used to put in keys manually and I am still receiving all the channels apart from zee tv. so i guess im saying is nagra3 not out in grays or will the old starview box with no firmware upgrade still work? as mine still does.

thanks for taking the time to read my post.

jit

hi im new here, so Hello everybody.

ok i know that nagra3 has been rolled out everywhere, my box in Ilford is the starview usb 2 only had it 4 months but its still receives some channels like disney cartoons, but all premium channels have gone.

Now in my flat in Grays i have an old silver starview box which has never had new firmware put on it i just used to put in keys manually and I am still receiving all the channels apart from zee tv. so i guess im saying is nagra3 not out in grays or will the old starview box with no firmware upgrade still work? as mine still does.

thanks for taking the time to read my post.

jit

Thankyou for taking the time to introduce yourself and not making your first post another krappy "will my box still work after n3" type post....

oh ... post 1 ...

thanks for the reply, im not asking if it will work after N3, i know that they dont what i am saying is that "I never upgraded the firmware on my silver starview box which is 4 years old" so maybe it might work with the old firmware from 4 years ago, unless they havent changed essex to N3.

@Jitstar, erm I think you have answered your own question there?

:)

JohnO

P.S. A Starview will not decode a N3 signal full stop

john thank you thats all i needed to know, i hope it stays on till the weekend want to watch the game v mancs at old toilet.

This is to ridiculous to fathom but for some unknown reason I also know of a handfull of people who have both an original s/view and a much later one, and true enough the old ones are still decrypting albeit with the chans in a strange order but the new ones won't find anything even after a scan !

if your still recieving some channels then your area might not have switched yet it mite just be that they are re-arranging the channels getting ready for n3....

try a factory reset
full scan
turn emu back on

see where that leads ya

ste

still got an original starveiw1, all ok apart from a few channels, like sky sports news, eurosport2 and comedy central extra, they are on 1 freq i cant get.

still got an original starveiw1, all ok apart from a few channels, like sky sports news, eurosport2 and comedy central extra, they are on 1 freq i cant get.

you can get them back just factory settings (0000) and then do full scan and then turn you emu on (parental control>press info button>press 2004)

bobs your uncle

ste
if your in a ex cw area also do a full scan on tw and visa versa....

full scan on telewest for ss2 usually ...

well my box is still going... i got double chanels ,but still they are all working...
sweet....but for how long.....

Just upgraded you to the N3 platform. You will have circa 3 weeks after you receive your new cards.

Can somebody point me in the direction of the starview 3 firmware. Pretty pretty please :FRIGHT:

Back