number plate..

lefty1

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hello! my back number plate fell off and now its lost in the middle of a road somewhere....can i just go to my local garage and get it re printed on a plate or do i have to inform DVLA and go through certain prcedures?

cheeeeers...

Hello! my back number plate fell off and now its lost in the middle of a road somewhere....can i just go to my local garage and get it re printed on a plate or do i have to inform DVLA and go through certain prcedures?

cheeeeers...

Most auto part shops will make one for you while you wait.

cheeeeers...

hi

no need to inform DVLA just go to any local good notor factors and they will sort you with a new 1.....

okay excellent guys, thanks for the help...glad to hear theres no need to inform DVLA as that would take agesssss with bureaucracy!!

They are no longer to issue one without a v5 now ;) Mairyhinge is correct. It's to try and cut down cloning.

You could use myshowplates.com and get a custom job, for off road use only of course ;)

You don't need V5 docs or id over here, just tell them the reg and they make it for you.

Yes you do need docs (V5 or certificate of entitlement and ID) over here. Then again there's only 1 enforcement officer in NI to police all the number plate suppliers

You're best informing plod and the DVLA just in case some tosspot decides to use your plates for nefarious means.

You could be right m8. I am out of the trade a good few years, I did get one for my own car about 6 months ago I got it no problem but I do know the lad that made it.

I Think you can buy them off flea bay no questions asked

i got one made up a few months ago as mine had cracked, i was told to bring v5 and ID. if you ring like i did, they will tell you so you dont have to go back and forth.

You can also get them at most car boot sales, right next to the guy selling the dodgy DVDs.

If you go to Halfords etc you WILL need proof of ID which they will record for future reference.

Top and bottom is they want to know where every new number plate has gone.

Over the counter requires V5 and another form of proof of address.

Distance selling, ie fleabay or internet store. The proof is the postal address they send them to, this is usually confirmed by the payment method, ie Credit Card or Paypal.

Back