NTL Barter to get a deal

I think those of us with dboxes or dreamboxes have no worries as there is no talkback

After waiting on hold for 32mins!!! on the cancellations line I finally got deal of 2mb BB & phone package for £19.99, offer 4mb BB extra £7. You have to argue your case, get comparative quotes, beaware thay try to fob you off with things like BT line & distance to exchange server

Got 4mb unlimited broadband and free evening+weekend calls for £27 for 1st 6mths..then rising to £32 after! good I thought!

I had 10meg free for a month and phoned to enquire about any offers to match competitors 8 meg services, i was offered 10meg half price for 6 months and i said i was looking for something more permanent, she checked my account and now have 10meg @ £25, forever more.: party :

hi all

i rang ntl to day and said bt offerd me 8mb for £17.99 (thay didnt realy) and i said can you do better so now im getting 10mb insted of 4mb paying £18 insted of £25 for life as well. what a result.: big crow : big crow

woz

phoned today to cancel my BB account but when i called them up they have offered me
4meg bb
basic tv
talk unlimited (which we had already @£15 p/m)
half price calls to mobiles (any time or network)
half price international calls (anytime)
all for £26.95 per month
and this offer is for the next 10 years!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

so i said yes as we were paying a tenner more than that for just the phone and tv

sh*t over 2900 views to this post.....

I bet virgin have taken on more staff to deal with all the calls.... lol

Make sure you all keep a VERY close eye on your bills as NTL's system will only give a discount for 3 months at a time. After that it reverts back to the standard and you have to ring up again.
They will then knock it back down to what you have agreed.

I know this is what happens as I have been doing this for the last 12 months + and I have now ring them every month or two to remind them.

on hold for 60mins!!! on the cancellations line I finally got deal of 4mb BB for £12.50 3 months

ive been doing this for the last 3 years and im telling you no matter what theve offerd you and for how long ..ring them well before your offer runs out cos they aint gonna tell you the offers over and they bump it up without tell you!!!

Just got mine down from £35.00 to £16.50 a month, Weh Hey: multi : ......., Told them that sky were pretty active in my area and they were offering the 3 for £26. Now I'm getting TV (free), Broadband (2MB) and Talk Unlimited. And its fixed for ever!!!!!!!

I had to ring a couple of times and talk to different people. So don't give up, if you ring once and get told thats the best deal you are on, ring again possibly in the evening (after their shift changes), it all depends on the person who answers the phone.

: multi : : colors1 : multi :

just done this today as the offer i had ran out i was paying £40 for tv xl 4mb broadband and talk unlimited local which has just gone up to £49.99 this month as that offer ran out. so i just phoned em was 15mins waiting on the phone and i managed to get the same deal for £35 per month for life sweet eh!

Same here , just got xl t.v weekends and evening calls free, 4 meg (going upto 10 meg in may) b/band. Makes me happy enough.All for £35.00.

I have been trying to ring them for weeks now and do this but the call queues drove me mad. I must try harder as I love a bargain.

Same here , just got xl t.v weekends and evening calls free, 4 meg (going upto 10 meg in may) b/band. Makes me happy enough.All for £35.00.

exact same deal as me m8 did you know you can get v+ in another room and keep your old box? free installation hd and 120gig hdd for £10.50 extra per month so you will be paying £45.50 per month not bad eh.

sky charge £299 for there hd + box!

I phoned tonight and got free tv lmao (basic i think i dont use it as i have motorised satellite) free phone calls anytime and my 2 meg bb for £19.95 im happy......

I phoned tonight and got free tv lmao (basic i think i dont use it as i have motorised satellite) free phone calls anytime and my 2 meg bb for £19.95 im happy......

At least you will get use of the interactive stuff though.

ok , havent done this in a while , used to do it with sky ,

just spent 35 mins waithng on the phone to cancellations dept ,

originally had

2mb bb

talk weekends

basic tv

cost 41.00 with call barring

=================

now got for the next 12 months

10mb bb

talk evenings and weekends

starter package

non direct debit fee refunded to account each month

£40

no bad i think , worth the effort ,

have just phoned virgin as was'nt using the 10 mb as much as i could be and the phone bills were creeping up again , even though there is a voip phone in the house (women)

gave the usual speel ,

and got

talk unlimited

2 mb bb ( rising to 4mb next month free of charge as basic speed is increasing )

and the same starter tv package i was on .

for 27.50 a month ,

i'll miss the 10 mb , but i'll save £150 a year plus the cost of extra calls that were being used on the talk evenings and weekends tariff , calls i now dont need to worry about ,

feel better already

the girl also informed me that virgin are in talks with setanta to launch there own sports channel ,

hogwash , maybe ,

I am paying £25 a month for 4MB (Unlimited Downloading).

Will give them a call now.

Cheers.

remember and use the freephone straight to cancellations number

Back