Ntl @ 750k, is it ?

thomson

Inactive User
Reaction score
I know that ntl have says they'll be turning up the connection speed's of thier broadband customers service's, they have says it would more than likley be done before now.

How can I check to see if my 600 is up to 750 like they said, ive tried using various bandwidth testing programs but you all know as well as me that thier mostly unreliable, best result ive had so far is something like 580k but that may have been a flook as they say.

Anyone any ideas ?

:Cheers: :Cheers: :Cheers:

Try downloading something from a fast server, your connection should stay at about 96Kb/S.

they have gone up :)

reboot your modem if you havnt done since yesterday night, or just reboot to be sure :)

If your really wana check, do as spectre ses.....try microsoft.com....

use this program

use this it will tell ya what speed your on

I think its updated, I done what you guy's says and ive also ran that wee program that you posted "jimmyp", ive also ran dan elwell's broadband speed test too.

On the wee program that you posted jimmy, iam getting a downstream noted as 750000 where as before it was 600000 and the dan elwell's test is giving me down speeds of roughly 680 - 704kb/s and they used to be more like 540-565kb/s before I rebooted the modem etc.
Sooooo, what ya think guys going on that info ? Ya think its been turned up ok ?

:Cheers:

Iv'e just run a speed test here :
h*tp://www.adslguide.org.uk/tools/speedtest.asp
The speed has definatley been increased (about time too) :)

my speed has not improved but the price has gone up... I have 1 meg connection and the download speed is the same.... maybe we are slower here in the west lol

Taff

My speed is now 1.5 meg so it has gone up to the new improved speed.

Hi Thomson

i use this little proggie, u can monitor all network traffic BBand and network cards to the rest of your systems. gives u all sorts of stats 2

graphical or numerical or both in a little popup window

ok cheers guys :)

The speed's have definetly been turned up for everyone in the uk, I called ntl today and asked, so there we have it, sorted :) :) :)

:Cheers:

just got reply from their customer services.

I am pleased to confirm that your Broadband speed with increase during this
Month, August.

So ... hopefully soon

Taff

Back