Phone Unlocking nokia n95

daft question if i debrand from orange and lets say a few weeks later the phone goes faulty can i rebrand it back to orange so i can return it

just a thought cheers gary

daft question if i debrand from orange and lets say a few weeks later the phone goes faulty can i rebrand it back to orange so i can return it

just a thought cheers gary

You can't downgrade the version. But if Orange were to bring out a new one with a higher version number I understand you can install that by changing the product number back.

Having said that, I have returned an unbranded N80 to Orange before and it didn't cause any problems.

thanks for that ok just been to collect my new n95 first problem is plug charger in a couple of seconds later and phone just keep saying not charging any ideas
cheers gary

yep brand new out of the box collected from phones 4 u

yep thats my thought i will leave it on charge overnight and see if it springs to life if not back it goes let ya know tomorrow

cheers gary

update was left it on charge all night and it was still dead in the morning so returned it today and got a replacement time to play :)

Hi ya guys
I have just got my N95 and now i am busy playing :) I have a question i hope someone will be able to answer

I can not decide if i have the original nokia firmware on the fone or if i have a voda branded firmware on it. Is there a way i can confirm one way or the other. Here is some info

the code number under the battery is 0548763
I have upgraded from f/w 1.0.0.... to 1.1.0.26 using nokia updater
There seems to be nothing missing from the menus
There doesn't seem to be anything on the phone to say voda
The phone is not sim locked

I know most of this makes me think it isn't branded but the above code number does not match either of the nokia codes mentioned at the start of this post. Also the update won't find f/w 1.2...0..0.0

Any help please

Cheers

mad

Ordered mine today and it looks like unbranding the phone is the way to go....: colors1

Just got to wait for it to arrive.

Hi ya guys
I have just got my N95 and now i am busy playing :) I have a question i hope someone will be able to answer

I can not decide if i have the original nokia firmware on the fone or if i have a voda branded firmware on it. Is there a way i can confirm one way or the other. Here is some info

the code number under the battery is 0548763
I have upgraded from f/w 1.0.0.... to 1.1.0.26 using nokia updater
There seems to be nothing missing from the menus
There doesn't seem to be anything on the phone to say voda
The phone is not sim locked

I know most of this makes me think it isn't branded but the above code number does not match either of the nokia codes mentioned at the start of this post. Also the update won't find f/w 1.2...0..0.0

Any help please

Cheers

mad

0548763 is a US product code and while nothing major is crippled (can't disable camera sounds and a few other niggly things) the firmware updates will always be around a month behind us.

Your better off using one of the Euro product codes I posted to make sure nothing is crippled and you'll have access to the latest firmwares all the time ;)

:)

hey guys nice info there munkey thanks alot. followed your lil guide all went ok ish

during the update i got 3/4 errrors. phone still updated ok as it restarted etc etc and has been working fine.

in the menu tho i still got the orange plus thing to call diff departments of orange.. would i stil lhave this if my phone ws now unbranded???

cheers...

@ Monkey cheers mate i went ahead and changed it to the euro1 and everything went as sweet as a nut.

@ madmanc I think you will find that that info is the info stored on your sim card. mine is de branded but i still have a voda symbol in my menu.

mad

@ Monkey cheers mate i went ahead and changed it to the euro1 and everything went as sweet as a nut.

@ madmanc I think you will find that that info is the info stored on your sim card. mine is de branded but i still have a voda symbol in my menu.

mad

great thanks matey im on v 12.0.0.13 19/6/07 rm 159 so i take it im done???

is there any way to see if its unbranded now?

cheers

if u r on that virsion now i am sure you are unbranded

The N95 is a great phone with a great camera.

It does crash now n again, but to be fair, since I updated the firmware, it hasn't crashed once [I updated around 2 weeks or so ago now].

5Mp camera is more than enough, plus the Java and all the usual Nokia stuff. Oh, and the built in GPS (basic and slow , but works and it's free (in essence)). Music quality not bad, although better through earphones than speaker.

I plan on keeping mine for a while...and this is someone who normally upgrades yearly!...and, should I say, someone who was very anti-Nokia. (Preferred SE, Samsung before)

Enjoy your N95!

I plan on keeping mine for a while...and this is someone who normally upgrades yearly!...and, should I say, someone who was very anti-Nokia. (Preferred SE, Samsung before)

Enjoy your N95!

I have to agree with that before this phone i was more of a windows mobile person but this phone does so much :)

If you haven't tried it yet try the nokia podcasting software. The main reason i was keeping my Ipod was because i watch alot of video podcasts but now with the nokia program i think the ipod will be going on ebay

Back