Phone Unlocking nokia n95

Thanks for info m8! Thats good news you gave me, Know i need to find good deals on that phone cos it's priceEEEE! N E 1 with good deals? i have xda lli but its tooo big.

I have had trouble with mine loading web pages.When im at work i have to use orange internet and its very slow,also i keep getting a mesage come up that my memory is full but i have a 2 gig memory card with loads of space left on it.Any ideas?
The phone has been debranded as well thanks goes to monkey for that.

@ hirjipatel

If you currently have a contract ask to speak to the cancellations department. You'll be surprised what companies will offer you to stay with them ;)

@ Titan

I've never had that problem. Try clearing the internet cache etc on the phone as it may have a max size it can be and could be full.

:)

Hi just took the plunge and will be getting my N95 early next week, what is the difference between branded and de-branded on Orange, should it be one of the first things I do?

The companies seem to restrict certain things also the de-branded firmware offers better features and sorts out somethings like battery power. i think the main thing is VoIP

Hi just took the plunge and will be getting my N95 early next week, what is the difference between branded and de-branded on Orange, should it be one of the first things I do?

Branded - is the network modified firmware (software) on the phone, you will have things like the network logos customised wallpapers and so on for that network on the phone. You will also have things like Wap and other settings already configured.

Unbranded - The phone has not been branded by the network or it has been flashed to restore the original Nokia firmware on the phone.

Unlocked - Is where the phones sim locks have been removed, you can use any sim card in the phone, the Nokia N95 can only be unlocked by the network, Orange charges £20 for the code.

Simfree - The phone in its original state as if you had bought it directly from Nokia, e.g Unlocked and Unbranded... Usually more expensiver as the cost is not subsidised by the network.

Guys trying to debrand my N95 but the link at doesnt work on the nemesis website to download the software...just gives me a nother page which thanks for finding out abt nemesis.??any ideas

can anyone help not sure what i am doing wrong...got nss software when you load it on pc do you choose virtual usb which is first option..? thats what i did....ran nss and clicked on magnifying glass and loads of data came up...clicked phone info tab nothing was completed ...should the boxes be empty? i filled in model 0536062 then clicked write...message on bottom left said done...then closed nss and opened nokia software updater and clicked next until it found my phone but then eventually gave a message saying you have lastest software doesnt allow me to debrand..i am on software ending in .26 whats going wrong?

can anyone help not sure what i am doing wrong...got nss software when you load it on pc do you choose virtual usb which is first option..? thats what i did....ran nss and clicked on magnifying glass and loads of data came up...clicked phone info tab nothing was completed ...should the boxes be empty? i filled in model 0536062 then clicked write...message on bottom left said done...then closed nss and opened nokia software updater and clicked next until it found my phone but then eventually gave a message saying you have lastest software doesnt allow me to debrand..i am on software ending in .26 whats going wrong?

Just one thing to note, once you have entered the product code you have to click the checkbox nect to it before clicking write ;)

Also the software ending in .26 (11.0.026) is the latest firmware availiable. Once you have changed your product code. Run Nokia Software Updater and there should be an option to reflash the phone. Do this and it should overwrite your branded .26 with the unbrabnded .26.

cheers mate maybe that was it since the message was saying you already have latest software i assumed it would give me another message..will try it and report back cheers for the help

all done guys ...work perfect got a newer version than yest now the 12.0.013 is available if anyone wants to update further no idea what the improvements are ..

lol all was going so well and i think i just made a fatal error and fried my phone...i debranded fine..as a result lost my numbers ...then thought oh i made a back up on memory card so thats fine and went and uploaded the back ...phone now wont run error phone start up failed contact retailer...is this it do i send the phone back and what do i say happened?

Try this first.

Remove battery, sim card and memery card from phone.

Replace battery then hold in the green call buttom, the number 3 button and the * button.

Keep all three keys held then turn on the phone (Keep all the keys held).

This should format and reset the phone for you.

Let me know how you get on.

EDIT: The new firmware seems to improve the GPS with it's new A-GPS function (Assisted GPS). There are reports that you can even get a lock indoors now!

And it locks on a lot quicker in general too.

Last edited:
where did you get 12.0.013 from? i have tryed all the model numbers ,still 11.0.0.26?

It's there. Update your product code and connect your phone.

Seems Nokia are a little slugish in updating the site ;)

@MONkey

I owe you mate that did the trick allowed me to reload the latest software so a clean slate ...cheers matey

Back