Phone Unlocking nokia n95

i spoke too ferkin soon.

i have sent mine back for a replacement.

people were ringinf me, and when i answered, i could hear them but they couldn't hear me.

i kept getting low memory message on screen.

waiting on my replacement, and if that does it too, then i will feck nokia off, and revert to sony erricson again, i have never had trouble with them.

if you have a look at post 13 m8 mine is the same, what network you on?

i spoke too ferkin soon.

i have sent mine back for a replacement.

people were ringinf me, and when i answered, i could hear them but they couldn't hear me.

i kept getting low memory message on screen.

waiting on my replacement, and if that does it too, then i will feck nokia off, and revert to sony erricson again, i have never had trouble with them.

just seen your post about when you first got your phone and it say's your on o2, i think it might be the o2 f/w as my phone is doing the same as you can see in post 13

You don't have to send the phone away to update the software m8

Go to here and enter your product code to see if any updates are availiable (found underneath your battery ;)

Then just connect your phone to your PC with USB cable and let it update. Job done!

OR

If you want to remove the crappy VODA branding, or any other branding for that matter skip the above and download Nemesis Software Suite FIRST from here. (You'll fin it at the bottom of the page ;)

Then you connect it to your phone and click the SCAN FOR NEW DEVICE button.

Once it's found your device click on the PHONE INFO button where you will then find a box with product code written next to it. This is where you enter the ORIGIONAL NOKIA product code for your handset.

The N95's UK product codes for unbranded firmware are:

0534841 - For the Sand N95
0536062 - For the Plum N95

So depending on the colour of your hanset you would enter either 0534841 or 0536062 into the product code box then tick the ENABLE box next to that and finally click the WRITE button.

Now when you run the Nokia Software updater it checks your phones product code, see's that it is an origional Nokia (As you just changed it to one...lol) and updates your phone with the latest ORIGIONAL UNBRANDED Firmware that is a lot faster and stable than the network provided, horrible looking branded crap.

I must advise you though that all this is done at your own risk, and it may invalidate your phone's warranty.

But saying that, it is well worth it! ;)

:)

Hi there
i have the n95 on orange and it runs slow,pisses me off at times cos i love the phone.Anyway been trying to flash the phone as you have stated above,with no sucsess.
This is proberbly down to me
Now is this the correct software?
Nemesis Service Suite Beta 1.0.38.10
if so do i need the patch,
pdg4fbus.dll patch
and once i have installed it am i supposed to install the
virtual usb device
F1 usb device
Nemisis usb multi-flashing device
Diamond protection device
or prodigy lpt device
then it asks me would i like to see nss usb driver installation,but i never get the installation promt screen for that?
please advise me guys
Thanks
Titan

just seen your post about when you first got your phone and it say's your on o2, i think it might be the o2 f/w as my phone is doing the same as you can see in post 13

sorry m8, only just seen this.

i have phoned 02 and asked them when i will be getting my new phone.
they said first week of June, and because i have had one before, i am priority.

hopefully they will have the new firmware and fixed the bugs.

Hi there
i have the n95 on orange and it runs slow,pisses me off at times cos i love the phone.Anyway been trying to flash the phone as you have stated above,with no sucsess.
This is proberbly down to me
Now is this the correct software?
Nemesis Service Suite Beta 1.0.38.10
if so do i need the patch,
pdg4fbus.dll patch
and once i have installed it am i supposed to install the
virtual usb device
F1 usb device
Nemisis usb multi-flashing device
Diamond protection device
or prodigy lpt device
then it asks me would i like to see nss usb driver installation,but i never get the installation promt screen for that?
please advise me guys
Thanks
Titan

1) What errors are you gettting m8?

2) I never used the patch but it won't hurt to try it.

3) Virtual USB Device.

4) You don't need to see the USB Install.

5) Make sure your firewall isn't blocking it.

hmm fire wall,i will try that out thanx mate,how long du think it will take and you say i wont see anything installing even on my phone. keep you posted

Sorted MONKey must of been my Kaspersky blocking it.thanx man got me new firmware on the phone now.

im expecting my N95 (orange) to arrive tomorrow - looks like de-branding it is one of the first things i do with it - with some trepidation i might add - but it seems straight forward enough.... famous last words!

does anyone have a list of changes that orange place on it? just so i can see what improvements i can expect to see after de-branding.

as an aside - i phoned orange to get an upgrade to it... they said it would cost me £179.99 to upgrade, after playing hardball and speaking to cancellations i got the handset for £39.00... which was nice.

I haven't got a list of changes but you will have the latest firmware that is availiable.

Your phone will run much quicker and the menu's will be a lot nicer instead of Orange customised rubbish.

You'll also gain back the features that they have disabled on the phone like Internet telephony which allows you to make free phonecalls over the internet, and anything else that they have disabled.

Just unbranded my bros N95 thanks for the info MONKey

Any tips to improve the n95? Whats best VOIP, MAPS etc... I know you can only use tomtom with external gps at the moment.

maybe a daft question but...

will i need to backup the applications that are on there or does it all sort itself out in the updates?

will i need to make a note of any setting that orange have put on there?

I never backed anything up but it won't hurt you to do so ;)

As for the internet settings etc mine picked them all up on it's own. I changed them to WIFI on my wireless network though for speed and cost-free-ness lol.

got my phone yesterday and before i done anything with it de-branded it, nice instructions - cheers.

quite impressed so far, especially with the battery after all the negatives i read about it.... after all the messing about on it last night with all the features, left it on overnight, made a few calls and sent a few texts and the battery hasnt dropped one bar yet.

got my phone yesterday and before i done anything with it de-branded it, nice instructions - cheers.

quite impressed so far, especially with the battery after all the negatives i read about it.... after all the messing about on it last night with all the features, left it on overnight, made a few calls and sent a few texts and the battery hasnt dropped one bar yet.

give it time m8 i have to put mine on every other night, and i dont use it that much.

Back