No Setanta1 on my Kryptview possible signal strength problem

Deko

Inactive User
Reaction score
I used to have a Eurovox max but it packed up last week so i bought a Kryptview to replace it.

Plugged it in and it gets most channels but one the important ones is missing Setanta Sports 1 for the football.

I took it down to a mates house down the road and did a reset on it and rescan and he gets every channel.

When i brought it home and tune the box to the setanta1 channel i get "No or bad signal" and the Signal quality markers shoot from 0 to 50 to 14 to 0 and keeps fluctuating so i guess thats why i cant get all the channels.

Ive plugged the box straight into the source cable tot ake the splitter out of the equation and still it doesnt find setanta1.
Also notice it doesnt pick up Radio Scotland on the radio channels although my original box is broadcasting that fine in the other room

Anyone know how i can sort this out as i did get them with the old eurovox i had
i,m on the uddingston network with the latest V1.6 software

I used to have a Eurovox max but it packed up last week so i bought a Kryptview to replace it.

Plugged it in and it gets most channels but one the important ones is missing Setanta Sports 1 for the football.

I took it down to a mates house down the road and did a reset on it and rescan and he gets every channel.

When i brought it home and tune the box to the setanta1 channel i get "No or bad signal" and the Signal quality markers shoot from 0 to 50 to 14 to 0 and keeps fluctuating so i guess thats why i cant get all the channels.

Ive plugged the box straight into the source cable tot ake the splitter out of the equation and still it doesnt find setanta1.
Also notice it doesnt pick up Radio Scotland on the radio channels although my original box is broadcasting that fine in the other room

Anyone know how i can sort this out as i did get them with the old eurovox i had
i,m on the uddingston network with the latest V1.6 software

sounds strange but try putting your cable into the output socket.

do a factory restore and rescan.

it may be that the line needs an attenuator, this output socket doubles as this.

:Clap:

no all that did was give me about a tenth of the channels i was getting previously

are you picking the correct area id have you put in stand by to do a power scan for a few minutes

Sounds like u doing everything right.

Id also try just pressing the power button and let it run a powerscan in while its on stanbye off, this will oddly capture the new channels and put it in the right order and add any other channels it finds.

Sorta odd that cos I was saying I cant find zeetv and some other odd channels... but 2 nights ago i just switched it off ( not the mains ! ) but the front silver power button on the front.. came back to it an hour after and noticed zeetv and all my missing channels !

I think i gotta do that more tbh !

Might be wise to delete channels/reset factory settings and rescan trials or another closer area to you, then also press the silver front power button and hope it powerscan and gets the channels your missing.
Id also alternate the above and try scanning for watford or bromley or other areas....

give it a go and let us know how u got on

I,ll let it powerscan for a while and hopefully itlll find them
ive tried a load of other areas on the telewest network and ive even tried the NTL ,C&W,Chorus and test

still not getting them

will let you know how i get on in power scan mode but i dont think i,m going to get it to be honest

the area id matches the area id on the engineers menu on the original box so thats fine

i let it powerscan over night and its still not found anymore channels

ive noticed i,m missing a few other channels such as FX and Rangers tv although i do get Celtic TV
i,m also missing BBC Radio scotland which i get on my original box

Have you checked thru all those unknown werid channel names?

The ones that start with TV158-etc etc and DTV1-14 and programs 1-10

I had an idea last week suggesting that alot of the missing channels get are just hidden under different names, or since there part time only channels there under another channel like CBBC is 2 channels I belive its BBC3 or something....

Try having a look about.

Also I know your pretty sure thats the right area and all but out of random chance I think its good to sometimes test other areas out.

If you have any issues go back to the usual area, As good as the krytview is ive noticed its not nearly as good as say my Eurovox was when it came to channel listing/scanning, but dispite that ive noticed both boxes seem to be missing the odd channels or so....

Regardless would rather be with the krytview due to miles better support ;)

here's more weirdness. Ive got a Digivox & kryptview in diff rooms. my kryptview has all the channels but my Digivox has no setanta news channel. Took the digivox to a m8s house and it worked fine there. damnation

I think Satanta is sending out a weak or slightly corrupted signal. I have it blinking on a number of different boxes. Was fine a couple of days ago.

Cable amplifier

You could try a Cable amplifier sounds like a low signal m8 :banana:

here's more weirdness. Ive got a Digivox & kryptview in diff rooms. my kryptview has all the channels but my Digivox has no setanta news channel. Took the digivox to a m8s house and it worked fine there. damnation

pretty much the same as i have

its not happening at all on powerscan and there should be no reason for it tbh
someone suggested downloading a channel bouquet ?
anyone got any ideas what i do with that

I've got a similar problem, i ordered 4 this week, 3 of them tune in fine, getting all channels, but the 4th one is doing exactly the same thing, missing channels, lots of blocking, tried the output method, and nothing, tried re flashing it, and exactly the same, all tuned on the same line, so i'm thinking faulty tuner

Back