no picons on cooltv guide

premprop51

DW F1 champion 2011
VIP Member
Reaction score
ive just noticed ive got the odd random picon showing in cool tv guide, anyone know how I get them all showing??

ive seen people say set the path in the menu but ive no option for this in the setup....its v7.3.0......is this the latest one?

cheers.

hi mate I'm using snp picons......ill give that file a bash
I take it I just ftp to /tmp then install it??
cheers.

Last edited:
ive just tried to install it mate but still nowt...I uninstalled the cool tv guide that was on and reinstalled it but still the same.

cheers.

I assume you restarted your box after installation?

If so, can you telnet in to your box and issue following commands:-
Code:
You don't have permission to view the code content. Log in or register now.
And then let us know of any/all locations it finds

I did restart it mate, ive tried to telnet that command in using dcc but it just says -sh: cd: not found ive tried typing it in with and without spaces.

or its saying cant cd to /find name

Last edited:
so why is this telnet command not finding picon when theres clearly a picon folder in /media/usb??

also is there anyother command I can try to find it??

cheers.

Try this "plugin". It runs the following script

Code:
You don't have permission to view the code content. Log in or register now.

It will remove picon folders from ext and fat32 mounts.

Attachments

• enigma2-plugin-extensions-removepicon_2016_06_21_all.ipk
    1.6 KB · Views: 2
thanks very much for the plugin abu,

ive ran it removed picon folder, reinstalled it but its still the same the odd picon here and there that's it,....im running out of options eh???

is there anything else I could try?

cheers.

How old is your image? Really old images didn't support SNP (service name picons).

The image I'm using is open pli 4.?? Something......is it maybe time to upgrade it??if so what do u recommend?

Cheers.

I also use PLi
If you like PLi stick with it mate just flash a new image

I think you said you used a 800SE ? thing is with that receiver is limited space for plugins

Did all picons work before and they just started disappearing ?

I know there is a file in the downloads that you can add to make older images show snp picons

Thanks mate I might just do that,what is the latest one?
Always had picked working but never had them on cool TV guide, didn't even know you could get them on it until a few started appearing....baffled by how!!!!
I'm sure I've used the file your talking about before.

right I'm back on this cause its doing my head in!!

just got a new box for my mate and it was also loaded with openpli 4.0 and I'm still having the same problem with the picons in cooltv guide,

ive got the odd random one showing and there the exact same ones that are showing on my box,
so could this be a problem with the snp picons I have or am I missing something else here??

cheers.

what picon set are you using ?

not 100% sure mate but I thought it was the latest snp ones from here.

Try DW ones and Anggels as I know these are a full set mate for sure

ahhhhhh cheers for your help rat but....nope tried both these sets (don't like the glass ones anyway) so ive currently got the dw ones on, for them not to work on 2 boxes I must have some setting wrong somewhere?

if it were showing none or showing all id just leave it at that, its the fact that its showing the odd one here and there.

tbh every PLi image I use picons work automatically

sorry if you have already said previously but where are picons stored ?

Ive always stored mine on USB

Back