No audio

chookey

I have spoken
VIP Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
Great timing, lol. Put my zgemma h5.2tc on standby last night, turns it on a few minutes ago and no audio. Quick check of the forums incase there was a Service Provider issue but looks like it's a fault.
Box is only a couple of months old so will have to see where I stand after the festive season. Thank God I have Netflix to fall back on but no sport is going to be hard :)

I never switch mine off, or into standby......................unless I flash it or it freeze's........which ain't very often.....only when I have to is my motto as a moaning old git :D

I powered off at the mains, went to Sainsburys and now it's working again. Doesn't inspire me though as I may be delving into a thermal fault in the very near future.

I powered off at the mains, went to Sainsburys and now it's working again. Doesn't inspire me though as I may be delving into a thermal fault in the very near future.

Some Pace boxes (good ol' days) had an I2C DAC for audio and sometimes the decoupling capacitor (might have even been on the bus as some sort of termination, can't remember) would fail and intermittently go short causing bursts of noise :).

If it's only a couple of months old.......send the f**k*** thing back.......ask for a replacement before sending;)

If it's only a couple of months old.......send the f**k*** thing back.......ask for a replacement before sending;)
I've contacted the seller but it is Xmas so can't really expect an early resolution from him. Netflix isn't gonna quite do me for perhaps the best part of a fortnight. I'm quite capable of repairing the fault but there's always the chance that I don't have a suitable replacement component.
I don't want to remove the warranty sticker without express permission and immunity from the seller, otherwise, as you say I will be looking for a replacement.

hi does someone have the latiest zgemma lc image they can kindly share that fixes loss of audio and voiceover on some channels ,thankyou

can i drop a line straight onto that image without downloading oscam etc

just downloaded that mate its bare bones i need a image whats got everything in place

An update on that audio problem. Occasionally the audio would dropout for a split second so didn't think it worthwhile sending it back and have easily managed to live with it for the past year.
Noticed some occasional unexplained glitching of late so decided to have a look at it today. Wish I had sent the fooker back when I had the chance.
The sticker was intact on this box and the topside of the board is pristine, smoke free home. Check out the underside, pretty poor pic I'm afraid. The box lives on a glass shelf and has never had any liquid near it. Needs a good clean up before I can start.

DSCF0644.JPG

Flux and pcb cleaner couldn't shift that mess. Hot water, fairy liquid and rigorous brushing with a toothbrush has helped but some gunge will need to be scraped.
Nothing wrong in audio circuit, well nothing that could cause the odd dropout. Both tuners have obviously been replaced or at the very least, poorly resoldered in this unit.
Must have been done by Air Digital as the warranty sticker was intact.

Audio.JPG

An update on that audio problem. Occasionally the audio would dropout for a split second so didn't think it worthwhile sending it back and have easily managed to live with it for the past year.
Noticed some occasional unexplained glitching of late so decided to have a look at it today. Wish I had sent the fooker back when I had the chance.
The sticker was intact on this box and the topside of the board is pristine, smoke free home. Check out the underside, pretty poor pic I'm afraid. The box lives on a glass shelf and has never had any liquid near it. Needs a good clean up before I can start.

View attachment 124069

Looks like flux residue from the aperture wave solder (selective soldering using a pallet with holes in).

Must have been a strong "tacky" flux they use as I couldn't shift it without gentle scraping. The tuners must be fitted after the wave soldering procedure unless this one failed testing. Either way it should never have passed without the pcb being cleaned.
It'll do me now until the cable cs ends

Must have been a strong "tacky" flux they use as I couldn't shift it without gentle scraping. The tuners must be fitted after the wave soldering procedure unless this one failed testing. Either way it should never have passed without the pcb being cleaned.
It'll do me now until the cable cs ends

Tuners might have been touched up due to their process being so bad they don't solder properly. The soldering doesn't look the best!

View attachment 124069
Might that have been from leaky roof in warehouse and shipped on in the hope it works or blows up?

Might that have been from leaky roof in warehouse and shipped on in the hope it works or blows up?
When I first seen it I thought the same mate. Looked like moisture damage but after cleaning there is a gooey mess underneath which is a tacky flux. The tackiness aids in keeping small components in place but needs to be removed very soon after the soldering process.
This on the other hand has been cooking inside my box for the last 12 months.

Look at how there are crusty shapes on the board around through-hole parts only. You can see an outline where the solder pallet apertures were then some diffusion between the pallet and board which is the worst because the flux can't evaporate (sublimate as it should be dry when it gets to the delta) during the process because it's trapped between the pallet and board.

They look like this so you can see what can happen, especially with poorly made or worn pallets or boards incorrectly clamped.

That's one board in a pallet, you only want the solder wave on the THT parts as there will already be SMT parts fitted.

1543613835929.png

Back