newnigma2v3.2.1

tony49

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
rite lads thats the image someone has put on for me after getting my the dm500 sorted for them downstairs i want to sort my dm800 out its got
newnigma2v3.2.1 on so can anyone till me the best epg for this and how to do it pls Ive done a search on here and didn't find anything to do with this image
if best to change what to pls is there a good pli for the clones cheers all tony49

I havent used NewNigma personally but it does get good reviews. There is a very good recent PLI image for DM800HD SIM 2.01 based clones released recently over on DreamOEM. It's a clean image which has been compiled from source.

PLI has built in integration with Rytec EPG, it's pretty good. I have this image installed and it automatically downlods and updates EPG every morning for 28.2E. All PVR functions etc all work fine.

The image already has the latest SIM2.01 SSL82 bootlaoder incorporated. So be careful and confirm which SIM you have before flashing !

I'll upload it in downlaods section here.

ok again cheers gsmtech Ive had a very good play with NewNigma image and can say its not bad at all found out most of the buttun functions and moved save folded from preset 1 thats y not much was saved d/l a fue thing Ive not got hard drive so just set for 3 days epg at the mo to temp file but will change it to usb sometime so just 2 things if you no pls
1 there is a fue missing Chanel's on the list is there a way to get the Chanel id that can be typed in 4 them
2 at the mo only just started use the 800 now all other r sorted but i need to stop the dm800 remolt tuning the 500 on when i turn 800 off

cheers and thanks for you help i will keep pli in the wings for if i hav a problem thanks tony49

When I used to run NewNigma2 v3.2 I installed CrossEPG for EPG, have now moved over to the latest OpenPLi image as above and use the built in Rytec EPG but I have found that the EPG doesn't always update properly, some of the EPG text doesn't always match the actual text broadcast for now and next and sometimes the updates fail, presumably because the update server(s) are down?

I've just put the PLI-Jade image on the dream 800 clone that i have and i must admit i hated it on the dream 500 for for the EPG as it was just rubbish and you had to map channels blah blah, how ever last night i have downloaded via the "addons" panel a new EPG that updates either automatically, or if need be every hour or on reboot - it's all working fine, when i get home I'll let you know what it's called but looks mint and has made me rethink about putting another image on the box as quite happy with the pli-jade one and the working EPG now matey...

Last edited:
There you go matey, few screen shots of a few of the EPG guides on the PLI-Image..... i just need to down load some of the skins now! lol.....

Attachments

• screenshot.jpg
    screenshot.jpg
    53.7 KB · Views: 7
  • screenshot1.jpg
    screenshot1.jpg
    38.1 KB · Views: 6
  • screenshot2.jpg
    screenshot2.jpg
    57.1 KB · Views: 7
  • screenshot4.jpg
    screenshot4.jpg
    40.1 KB · Views: 6
  • screenshot5.jpg
    screenshot5.jpg
    72.4 KB · Views: 11
  • screenshot6.jpg
    screenshot6.jpg
    69 KB · Views: 8
PLI-Jade image (the clone open relsase one) - loads of skins, just got a new one of last night that looks the dogs.! will post it later for you.

my power went off the othere day and i did some messing about to try and get things rite as the epg didnt work after so i think i deleated the wrong thing somewere along the line as ive got no multy epg now ive still got all the data and all other things so can i just add that cool tiny guide to get one

i'll upload it and post the link in a few minutes for you bud. (how ever check out my other post have run into recording problems and not sure what the problem is, if it's the image, user, or HDD) check out me other post today in this section.

no problem, enjoi! (i need to get the recording going like.... 8-/ )

sorry mate i don't, do you mean isntall an image from the USB or am i missing it all together?

Back