NEWCAMD and CCCAM

linslademan

Inactive User
Reaction score
I have been running c lines on cccam for over a year since I bought my 5402HD and have always experienced glitching one way or other, no matter what server I got my lines from.
I decided to give Newcamd a try and have been amazed at how much more stable receiver has been.
Can anyone please explain why this is so for me or is this normal for this type of non linux receiver?

it all depends on what way the server is setup mate i have had glitch and freeze free newcamd lines but also crap ones
and the same for cccam perfect and crap some people trust newcamd more then cccam
i found that newcamd gets shared on your home network with my vu+ acting as server
did you try setting up your ecm pids yet i found that if you do that that it brings down freezes and glitching or time for a channel to clear
if you didn't try yet have a read of this thread https://www.digitalworldz.co.uk/index.php?threads/267794/#post1974186

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi Thijss26,
Thanks for feedback.
Must be coincidence then, but have to admit that Newcamd has been much more stable for me compared to cccam, and believe you me I have tried numerous test lines with 5402HD over this last year.
I owned a Spiderbox previously and cccam was even worse on that receiver.
Yes, I have ecm pids set up by the way.

As I posted on another thread 1.17 with addon2 works very stable. I use it for ' testing' tv vlaanderen A1-A3 / telesat A1-A3-HB / bisfr A1-HB / XXX HB / Sly A2
A2 Sly only works stable with newcamd. occ. glitch half an hour maybe ?

Hi Thijss26,
Thanks for feedback.
Must be coincidence then, but have to admit that Newcamd has been much more stable for me compared to cccam, and believe you me I have tried numerous test lines with 5402HD over this last year.
I owned a Spiderbox previously and cccam was even worse on that receiver.
Yes, I have ecm pids set up by the way.

Again I think this is down to the lines as I have both a TM5402 and a Spiderbox 9000 combo and both perform equally as far as (the same) CCcam lines go. I honestly think differences are down to short term memories and individual preferences, it's so easy to favor one receiver over another.
There is a well known phenomenon in science (sometimes called "heads or tails") where a scientist despite lack of concrete prof will state that a theory is fact, he/she will be swayed by their own feelings and as often as not they can be wrong it's 50/50.
Both the TM5402 and 9000combo are very well made receivers and if the recommended update procedures are followed then the user should have very few real problems in use.

Again I think this is down to the lines as I have both a TM5402 and a Spiderbox 9000 combo and both perform equally as far as (the same) CCcam lines go. I honestly think differences are down to short term memories and individual preferences, it's so easy to favor one receiver over another.
There is a well known phenomenon in science (sometimes called "heads or tails") where a scientist despite lack of concrete prof will state that a theory is fact, he/she will be swayed by their own feelings and as often as not they can be wrong it's 50/50.
Both the TM5402 and 9000combo are very well made receivers and if the recommended update procedures are followed then the user should have very few real problems in use.
I defo agree with Jimi

As I posted on another thread 1.17 with addon2 works very stable. I use it for ' testing' tv vlaanderen A1-A3 / telesat A1-A3-HB / bisfr A1-HB / XXX HB / Sly A2
A2 Sly only works stable with newcamd. occ. glitch half an hour maybe ?

I'm on 1.20 for my software so I'm look into that and downgrade back down to 1.17 nice one for mentioning that wolftje would it have the same affect for mgcamd also?

ihave running mgcamd lines in my 800dhd and i have not freezing at all in nova bouqouet(gr) but i can not see sky(it,de0,orf and many others bouqouets.what happen?

ihave running mgcamd lines in my 800dhd and i have not freezing at all in nova bouqouet(gr) but i can not see sky(it,de0,orf and many others bouqouets.what happen?

Which patch are you running on your receiver?

Sorry to be a pain mate, but I believe maybe this question should be posted in the linux related section to get you an answer - and not the non-linux section here?
If I'm wrong I apologise!:Hit:

Back