newbie dreambox user advice please

buzzer

Staff member
Reaction score
hi,
im thinking about getting my first sat box. im interested in normal sky channels, no hd.

i was wanting to get a dreambox 500 to start me off, can anybody recommend a trusted seller to get one from.

i have seen this.

doesnt seem to be a proper dreambox, would i be wasting my money with this?
thanks in advance.....

The dm 500s is a cracking little box for your first box mate and they are only about £50. Forum rules dont allow links to sat shops etc but just google it and you'll get loads of choices

It looks ok to me i have a dm500 clone and a dm800 both work fine but for around another 15 you could get a tm500 super

i was new to all this a month or so back mate and i have the DM500s (clone). Its it great box for starting with and its a good box to learn on how it all works as well. Any issues im sure the people on the forum will be glad to help as well as myseld (on what basic knowlege i no)

think JTH was meaning the blade bm500
i would second this and there is a supplier in glasgow for these
not much more than the dream clone but better quality and worth the extra penny's

The Blade Media BM500 looks to be around 75 quid...so 25 quid more than a clone DM500...

Not worth spending the extra 25 quid, for just another Dm500 clone...75 quid puts you into the category where you can get a DM600 clone, with extra RAM, swappable DVB C/S/T tuners etc.. Better of going for one of these.

the supplier i was talking about does these much less than £75 but you will need to speak to him for exact price but i dont see it being much more than the price of a clone dm500 about a £10 max

think JTH was meaning the blade bm500
i would second this and there is a supplier in glasgow for these
not much more than the dream clone but better quality and worth the extra penny's

The Blade Media BM500 looks to be around 75 quid...so 25 quid more than a clone DM500...

Not worth spending the extra 25 quid, for just another Dm500 clone...75 quid puts you into the category where you can get a DM600 clone, with extra RAM, swappable DVB C/S/T tuners etc.. Better of going for one of these.

the supplier i was talking about does these much less than £75 but you will need to speak to him for exact price but i dont see it being much more than the price of a clone dm500 about a £10 max

i have spoke to said supplier who's selling these at a great price. ;)
picking one up at the weekend :Clap::Clap::Clap:

well,
i got my box and it turns out there is summit wrong with ma dish.

i don't know if the LNB is faulty or if its out of line.

any sat installers in the motherwell area doing homers?? :proud:

obviously i'm not looking for a freebie and will pay, but don't want to phone in a company and get ripped off......

the dish is defo fecked m8, i tried an old skybox i had on it and getting no signal,
problem is dish is on my chimney so i cant get near it.....

Paul K has has been heelping mew out and spoon feeding me through the set up lol.

i'm sort of stuck with the dish now,
it's either a duff LNB or out of line, the dish has been up for years, so im thinking LNB.....

the dish is defo fecked m8, i tried an old skybox i had on it and getting no signal,
problem is dish is on my chimney so i cant get near it.....

Paul K has has been heelping mew out and spoon feeding me through the set up lol.

i'm sort of stuck with the dish now,
it's either a duff LNB or out of line, the dish has been up for years, so im thinking LNB.....

pauls good with ladders

pauls good with ladders

lol, its a coont to get to m8,
on the chimmney i need a ladder and a cat ladder to get to it......

and i aint got ladders lol.

surely there will be an installer lookin for a homer somewhere... lol

im in the motherwell area mate, iv got the gear but not got proper ladders or the head for heights, if you have a sky-light ill climb out that no probs, or stick another dish up at a decent height for future tinkering, anyways if you get stuck i have a spare quad lnb you can have

im in the motherwell area mate, iv got the gear but not got proper ladders or the head for heights, if you have a sky-light ill climb out that no probs, or stick another dish up at a decent height for future tinkering, anyways if you get stuck i have a spare quad lnb you can have

thanks m8,
but i havent got a skylight, there is no access to the loft area from the house, belive it or not you can only access the loft area from the roof lol,
they used to be flat roofs and the new roofs got stuck on afterwards.

i dunno if i would be able to get ladders to reach my level,
i'm in like a standard looking council house, but it is an upstairs and downstairs flat, i'm at the top lol

thanks for the offer... :)

thanks m8,
but i havent got a skylight, there is no access to the loft area from the house, belive it or not you can only access the loft area from the roof lol,
they used to be flat roofs and the new roofs got stuck on afterwards.

i dunno if i would be able to get ladders to reach my level,
i'm in like a standard looking council house, but it is an upstairs and downstairs flat, i'm at the top lol

thanks for the offer... :)

up that mate, think i know the 1's you mean (four levels like doon the toi!)
ill stick another 1 up for you at a better height, so any probs later its a easy fix

up that mate, think i know the 1's you mean (four levels like doon the toi!)
ill stick another 1 up for you at a better height, so any probs later its a easy fix

lol no m8,

this is it here, i am top flat with side door entry, the arrow points to my dish and the 1 or 2 marks is where i think they should go,

edit: i'll pm you the image.. ;)

it's a south facing wall, i dunno if putting them on the wall would cause problems pointing to the sattellite,
im wondering if that is why there put on the chimmny in the first place....

Last edited:
Back