New TM-Twin

re: New TM-Twin

If TM decided to offer a part exchange it would be a very noble course to take but surely that would lead to
A) Admitting the product is dead in the water commercially (Apart from being aimed at traders with lines inc).
B) A large stock of 2nd hand TM800 in stock.
C) A large stock of unmovable new stock.
D) Reputation permanently damaged after saying nothing wrong/fix around the corner/user error etc.
E) Big financial hit after paying for so called teams for images/recalls etc and not being able to recoup any of this.

Hello,
is there a chance an insurance company or Solo Uno adjust image for the TM800 HD ?

thanks mad

I see from the image it must be a TM product as it hasn't detected the internal HDD :)

If no internal HDD, it can also detect no

Theres definitley a niche in the market for a well priced twin tuner Enigma 2 reciever with a decent hardware spec and good software.
Currently the Vu Duo is there but a bit pricey. The Qbox Mini is showing potential but a bit underpowered and under featured no internal SATA etc.
If someone can drop a high spec reciever with good software support into the right price range it could be a big success.

If someone can drop a high spec reciever with good software support into the right price range it could be a big success.
Damn, I bet TM were getting quite excited until that last bit :Laugh:

Cant see the price being low on this box as the original tm800 was £250 and a new Vu+ Duo is £339 or less it does not give technomate a lot of room on pricing

Why they dont add rf out for remote eyes gets on my nerves! Such a great and I bet cheap feature grrrrrrrrr. Anyway lets see how this progreses. TM losses in regards to paying teams etc is there problem and as for their PR well if they get this right even if it means admitting they were wrong could pay of nicely for everyone..

I wouldnt expect a direct swap for a TM800HD but a part exchange plus a little difference should soften the blow for them. Not only that if they can win over the real users and not the traders then they have a great chance to get some real devs on board. I hope they are reading this.

By letting you part excahange it would mean admitting defeat and failure on TM800.
Cost would also be big.
I hope they do offer it though as would be a noble gesture after all the owners have been put through with failed updates/recalls etc.
Before the linux adventure TM were always excellent and hopefully after this TM800 can be again.

This is outragous, they dont have time to fix the TM-800 but they have time to create a new receiver. How can they manage to sell a new receiver with the TM-800 not even near being sorted. We to always listen to there lies and excuses but how on earth is the TM-800 going to get better if they are now concentrating on there new project and the TM-800 will be forgotten............ Now there shouldn't be any objection in passing refunds to people how purchased the TM-800.

I hope is not another Experimental Box like Tm800 with Nxp cpu..

Maybe this time they will pas from ItGate to other Manufacture Hubtech wich they produce the 6000 series too.

From what i know Hubtech is building new stb twin tuner ( maybe Sti7105 cpu ,not Broadcom ) another experiment on the way ..lol , but that stb need another
year to be ready and never will compete with Vu plus for support.
Using Videos and bla bla like Tm DUO+ even using DUO name is just another Misdealing advertise.

To be fair thats nothing new, it's probably not coincdence that theyre current range is very similalry named in comparion to the Dream range in features as well.

- TM500 = DM500
- TM600 = DM600
- TM800HD = DM800HD

to be fair no one has said the TM800 has been deserted as yet ?

Indeed...who knows maybe it wll get sorted in time and make a comeback. Even if it does fail, lessons learnt for next time. Like Duolabs the original Qbox was major flop. They look like they've come back stronger with the Qbox Mini HD.

Correct mate, my answers are only to those who suggest a part exchange with the TM800 for the TM twin/duo.
If TM were to offer P/E to those owners it would signify defeat in my eyes.
But this is just forum talk and until TM make any statement then it's all just blowing smoke.
Also tbh TM probably wont make a statement just publicise new product launch as now being done right here lol.

lol @ manic :)
I shouldent even be in this room anymore ;)

. The Qbox Mini is showing potential but a bit underpowered and under featured no internal SATA etc.

??? An SH4 family stb7109 32bit twin core processor capable of 2 instructions per clock cycle!

At 266Mhz it currently greatly outperforms the 400Mhz TM800. Clock speed is only a part of the equation! I agree about the lack of internal disk, but the next step is record to a centralised NAS box.

QboxHD mini Speed Test
root@qboxhd# df
Filesystem 1K-blocks Used Available Use% Mounted on
/dev/sda1 1925824 274728 1553268 15% /
none 512 12 500 2% /tmp
none 32 16 16 50% /var/run
none 1024 160 864 16% /var/log
/dev/sdb2 488152352 70196788 417955564 14% /media/hdd
root@qboxhd# hdparm -Tt /dev/sda1

/dev/sda1:
Timing buffer-cache reads: 56 MB in 0.51 seconds = 111,222 kB/s <<<< usb memory stick
Timing buffered disk reads: 44 MB in 3.03 seconds = 14,821 kB/s
root@qboxhd# hdparm -Tt /dev/sdb2

/dev/sdb2:
Timing buffer-cache reads: 56 MB in 0.52 seconds = 108,811 kB/s <<< usb powered disk
Timing buffered disk reads: 44 MB in 3.02 seconds = 14,883 kB/s
root@qboxhd#

TM800 Speed Test
/ # df
Filesystem 1k-blocks Used Available Use% Mounted on
rootfs 54528 46720 7808 86% /
/dev/root 54528 46720 7808 86% /
tmpfs 84888 456 84432 1% /tmp
tmpfs 84888 8 84880 0% /media
mdev 84888 0 84888 0% /dev
/dev/sdb1 625012024 164628 624847396 0% /media/inside-disk
tmpfs 84888 0 84888 0% /dev/shm
/dev/root 54528 46720 7808 86% /usr/opt
/ # hdparm -Tt /dev/sdb1

/dev/sdb1:
Timing buffer-cache reads: 34 MB in 0.51 seconds = 67,407 kB/s
Timing buffered disk reads: 18 MB in 3.13 seconds = 5,879 kB/s
/ #

How does the Qbox Mini CPU compare against say the 400mhz Broadcom CPU in the DM500HD, 800SE and 8000HD ? If there was ever a twin tuner version of the 800SE that would be ideal.

Theres little point in comparing anything to the TM800HD everyone knoes it's badly crippled...

Then again I can test the 800SE clone speed etc, what scripts/commands are needed for this ?

I have both a 500gb Samsung SATA drive installed and 4 gig USB for EPG/Picons

This is what my DM800se returns,I just copied and pasted the command from jimuk's post

/dev/sda1:
Timing buffer-cache reads: 252 MB in 0.50 seconds = 506,187 kB/s <<<< usb memory stick
Timing buffered disk reads: 40 MB in 3.06 seconds = 13,348 kB/s

this entire thread is based upon old leaked pre production pictures.

so i made a phonecall. the 'unit' shown has evolved, and while its not ready for release yet, will have LNB loop-thru's, an RF modulator, and a few more features that other twin tuner linux receivers dont have

Back