33.7 KB · Views: 36
re: New TM-Twin

original video was uploaded Jul 29th

the video itself, and pics can be downloaded from my blog site

look at the top line of the screen display m8 lol

enigme 6 june vuplus experimental

lol

on a serious note though, if it is as stable as the vu+ Duo, and twin tuner etc, depending on the price its released at, this could cause some ripples in the market

as long as it works

Last edited:

look at the top line of the screen display m8 lol

enigme 6 june vuplus experimental

lol

on a serious note though, if it is as stable as the vu+ Duo, and twin tuner etc, depending on the price its released at, this could cause some ripples in the market

as long as it works

not a chance TM brand is dead no one going to put trust in one of there linux boxes again

as long as it works

What would make anyone think it would work Digi?
Time to stop promoting these TM linux products, maybe try and promote something that does not need 18 months beta testing first before owners give up as they are on here.

yep, they dont have a very good track record with linux, at all. i dont know any details about this receiver, other than whats shown in the pics and video, but IF they have listened to people, and switched to broadcom, yes people will shout and scream that theyve ripped off the duo (who copied the DM8000, everyones at it lol) then they may turn things around a little

but, for the majority of advanced users, it will probably be too little, too late.

theyd need to pull some form of miracle out of their arses to get the amount of interest from coding teams that the tm800 initially had, but, because of the way the tm800 has been handled, i dont think many would be interested in going through it all over again

Ooh crap here we go again! In fairness what TM should do if they were to release this box is give TM800HD owners a part exchange option... C'mon whos with me on this one?

If they shoved a broadcom chip and plenty of memory in the box will its get support after the tm800 fiasco

plus is this a big kick in the teeth for tm800 hd owners as support seems to have stopped from IQ team there probably far to busy sorting out a image for the new box to care about the poor tm 800 any more

a quick google of the tuner details shown in the OSD in the pics, confirms that it IS broadcom

Broadcom.com - BCM7335 - High Definition PVR Satellite System-on-Chip

BCM7335 - High Definition PVR Satellite System-on-Chip

The BCM7335 is a cost-effective single-chip solution for high definition DBS applications with watch-and-record capability utilizing a 65 nm low-power process. It integrates the dual-tuner/demodulator BCM4506 front-end technology and the latest generation of AVC decoder that supports multiple video formats. The BCM7335 supports worldwide standards for DBS transmission systems based on DVB-S2, 8PSK, and is backward compatible with the DVB-S standards.

The BCM7335 operates on a dual-threaded MIPS CPU core running at 405 MHz and yielding over 1,100 DMIPS in performance. The BCM7335 is designed to support UMA and non-UMA memory architectures, utilizing a 400 MHz clock, 32 + 16-bit wide Double Data Rate (DDR2) memory I/F for enhanced performance and allows costeffective memory solutions.

Features

Dual-integrated wide-band silicon tuners with DiSEqC 2.x and programmable FSK transceiver
Integrated demodulators include Dual DVB-S2 8PSK demodulators and QPSK (market-dependant)
Provides a cost-effective single-chip solution for high-definition Direct Broadcast Satellite (DBS) applications with watch-and-record capabilities
Based on field-proven and production-ready subsystems offering energy-efficient performance

EDIT: just looked, and this is the same tuner chip as used in the Vu+ Duo

Last edited:

this was a suggestion that i personally made directly to the top a few months ago m8 ;)

blog is

http://blog.technomatesoftware.co.uk

It makes sense I have been a genuine owner from near to the start the atleast they could is offer a part exchange option. That would really make me happy and plus then people can stop wasting their time trying to fix the TM800HD and get the TM Duo or whatever its going to be called sorted. Win Win!????

the rear layout (judging from the pics) is identical to the Vu duo, which is identical to the ET9000, but the et9000 has lnb loop-thru connections

TM may finally get some decent images from some proper teams

cant see it being a big seller as past owners like me of the tm800 have already moved on to the far superior Vu+ Duo

Hope they have RF out and so I can use remote eye!!

it dont look like theres an RF output on it m8, if its the same as the duo / et9000, then it wont have

Back