New TM-Twin

re: New TM-Twin

Well i for one will not be running to the shops to be an early adopter on a twin or duo.But would certainly consider buying one when proven it has all functions working.

The best policy will be to wait and see.

Apart from the software developer issues, their main problem with the TM800 IS not having the right drivers. Since they have adopted a tried and tested chip with working drivers, their new box should be successful. Even when they finish OE, it will still be unable to reach it's full potential.

One would have thought that NXP would have been keen to provide working drivers for satellite receivers. Since they are cheaper than Broadcom, one would expect a big take up by the clone manufacturers!

The best policy will be to wait and see.

Apart from the software developer issues, their main problem with the TM800 IS not having the right drivers. Since they have adopted a tried and tested chip with working drivers, their new box should be successful. Even when they finish OE, it will still be unable to reach it's full potential.

One would have thought that NXP would have been keen to provide working drivers for satellite receivers. Since they are cheaper than Broadcom, one would expect a big take up by the clone manufacturers!

Clone manufacturers know software support is non existant for NXP based recievers. There are hardly any mainstream popular NXP based STB's so nothing for cloners to bother with really...it's not commerically viable for them..not enough sales potential.

There was a fake DM500HD clone out a while ago called the Dreamer HD that had a NXP chip, had it's own bespoke image as well. Dont think it was any good though.

:)
its called the TM-Twin and to be released sometime in October

Ive heard it has a few supprises in store that will SHOCK
only what Ive heard dunno how true it is :)

right, ive just removed 6 and half pages of crap from this thread, and dumped them all here

https://www.digitalworldz.co.uk/index.php?threads/272504/

@ yesamwell, ellie has asked more than once for something. if you continue to post nonsense in here, i will also infract for spamming the forum, untill a perm ban kicks in, post in the thread linked above, or not at all. ANY post from you in any of the technomate sections that is not constructive and helpfull, will be deleted as spam, and the relevant infraction given for that post as well. i will PM you a link to this exact post, so by continuing to post on digitalworldz, you accept these additional conditions. we are a forum who likes to help people, not go around in circles over nothing.

Last edited by a moderator:

Wonder if TM bought a VU+ duo and sent it to china to have a sh1t load of clones made lol... anyhow if it does what the vu+ does and comes in a little cheaper than it, I'l definately buy some, bad previous rep or not.. TM machines have always served me well in the past as an installer/supplier. One feature that has been mentioned a couple of times in this thread is the rf modulator, I think its essential that this be included but if they could go one step further and make it the same as a sly box so it is capable of relaying ir commands through it via a "magic" eye.. Digi, Rat or anyone else if you have any influenza with TM you might give it a mention.. ;-)

Wonder if TM bought a VU+ duo and sent it to china to have a sh1t load of clones made lol... anyhow if it does what the vu+ does and comes in a little cheaper than it, I'l definately buy some, bad previous rep or not.. TM machines have always served me well in the past as an installer/supplier. One feature that has been mentioned a couple of times in this thread is the rf modulator, I think its essential that this be included but if they could go one step further and make it the same as a sly box so it is capable of relaying ir commands through it via a "magic" eye.. Digi, Rat or anyone else if you have any influenza with TM you might give it a mention.. ;-)

i have brought this up in the past, but for what itd cost to implement, compared to the number of users who would actually use it, from the manufacturing side of things, its probably not worth the expense. a global Tv link+ kit is about £30, which would add this functionality, or if you already have an RF distribution system, a cheapo argos £20 video sender with return IR will do the job for just the remote signals

some of the extras i have been told of, that are additional to what the Vu+ duo has, are extra memory, lnb loop thru ports (the ET9000 also has these) an RF modulator, and more that ive been told to wait and see

Wonder if TM bought a VU+ duo and sent it to china to have a sh1t load of clones made lol...

I do recall reading somewhere that the chinese have cloned the Vu duo and it will be released soon, may be this it.

..Digi, Rat or anyone else if you have any influenza with TM you might give it a mention.. ;-)
I'd also mention that to your Doctor if anyone has, as described :)

I'd also mention that to your Doctor if anyone has, as described :)

Was a little humour on my part I was wondering how long it would be before someone picked up on it... ;-)

> Exchange of tm800hd.

Do you guys remember the Duolabs QboxHD which "had & still is" this 'thing' going on like the TM linux....
Well the "clever" Duolabs guys found a solution. >> QboxHD Mini.

So maybe an idea for TM
TM800HD >> TM800HD Mini

wouldn't that be great and meaningfull :)

Update :
just noticed my post should be moved here ? > https://www.digitalworldz.co.uk/index.php?threads/272504/

PS : hahahahahaha

PS2 : this tm duo+ must be surely a hoax ? can't be an exact copy of vu ? come on

Last edited by a moderator:
If it's true it'll make sense why we've seen fook all proper progress on the TM800 image despites Richards promise that "iQ will be working non-stop on resolving this issue" - yeah, by dev'ing an image for your new box and hope it can half arsed be ported to the TM800

PS2 : this tm duo+ must be surely a hoax ? can't be an exact copy of vu ? come on

it has extra hardware m8

http://blog.technomatesoftware.co.uk

ive also heard there may a few other 'surprises' when it gets released as well

EDIT: looking on wiki and at the spec released

the Duo has 384 MiB RAM and 128 MiB NAND flash
the ULTIMO has 512 MiB RAM and 1024 MiB NAND flash

the TM TWIN has 3072 MiB RAM and 2048 MiB NAND flash

if the released spec is true (its based on the receivers box artwork) then it looks to be quite powerfull

Last edited:
Any clues of Price yet, or what CPU/Chipset is being used ? Which image teams are OFFICIALLY supporting the reciever. In terms of hardware spec, probably too early to tell untill we see release models.
The ITGate model that the TM800HD was based on had a higher hardware spec on pre-release tech spec (1GB Memory or flash mentioned), but it didnt materialise.

you are correct Dude the TM TWIN has 3072 MiB RAM and 2048 MiB NAND flash

Duo has 384 MiB RAM and 128 MiB NAND flash

the ULTIMO has 512 MiB RAM and 1024 MiB NAND flash

the TM TWIN has 3072 MiB RAM and 2048 MiB NAND flash

if the released spec is true (its based on the receivers box artwork) then it looks to be quite powerfull

Any clues of Price yet, or what CPU/Chipset is being used ? Which image teams are OFFICIALLY supporting the reciever. In terms of hardware spec, probably too early to tell untill we see release models.
The ITGate model that the TM800HD was based on had a higher hardware spec on pre-release tech spec (1GB Memory or flash mentioned), but it didnt materialise.

the pre production model was broadcom, same chipset as the duo, et9000, and all the others with that one

based on that, is shouldnt be long before its added to things like the openpli code for anyone who wants to have a go, to join in

i have heard a price, and IF it is released at that price, with the spec shown, itll cause a few ripples for sure

I had an email of another forum I am a member off, stating all the VU's are having a price cut.

Wonder if the forcoming launch of the TMTwin+ has anything to do with it??

ps I made up the "TMTwin+" bit

I had an email of another forum I am a member off, stating all the VU's are having a price cut.

Wonder if the forcoming launch of the TMTwin+ has anything to do with it??

ps I made up the "TMTwin+" bit

It's being reduced to £319 which is a reduction of £20 although if you shop around you can get it around the £300 mark.

Nothing to get excited about....

Back