New TM-Twin

re: New TM-Twin

this entire thread is based upon old leaked pre production pictures.

so i made a phonecall. the 'unit' shown has evolved, and while its not ready for release yet, will have LNB loop-thru's, an RF modulator, and a few more features that other twin tuner linux receivers dont have

So would you be able to use a remote eye?

Manic this was not given to me by anyone at TM
I wasspeaking to digi this morning and I asked him when the release was and if it had a name yet blah
I thn just searched the name and came up with what I posted :)

I thought TM might of contacted me but nothing after posting, but nothing, seems Im off the Christmas card list now lol

as Digi said, I have sold my TM800 now so have no ties in any way, not that I ever did apart from speak to them :)

Makes you wonder if this is just another Technomnate advertising stunt on DW.
This seems to be their favourite place.

Ooh crap here we go again! In fairness what TM should do if they were to release this box is give TM800HD owners a part exchange option... C'mon whos with me on this one?

if they offered that i would give it a go

The info about the twin tuner Hubtech receiver was quite interesting. Looks like twin tuner arena is going to get bigger in the near future. There a wiztech twin tuner which seems quite cheap for what it is dont know much about it though..

Perhaps they should get one tuner working first?

experimental image 26/4/11

They have even to be very carefully using VuPlus Brand name in Software...they will get soon in trouble for Copy right from VuPlus and UK Distributor.

Attachments

• experimantal Image.jpg
    experimantal Image.jpg
    60 KB · Views: 307
Last edited:
This is in test modeand not released by TM

I found and posted :)

If they release with this imge on then you can moan ;)

Sent From My Android Tablet

They have even to be very carefully using VuPlus Brand name in Software...they will get soon in trouble for Copy right from VuPlus and UK Distributor.

like other receivers have with enigma branding ;)

it looks like its experimental, going by the whole name, thats easily edited in the source files prior to compiling the image, just like editing the existing DW compiled images to say 'DWiQ-beta' in the info screen

VU are aware of the pictures in this thread.

VU are aware of the pictures in this thread.

THE FOLLOWING ARE MY OWN THOUGHTS / VIEWS

all of the receiver images are based upon the enigma2 coding, the wording in any part of the on screen display, is editable, the display itself, colours, fonts, layouts, everything, is all editable. its the user interface between actually USING the code, and the code being run.

dream has the 'patent?' for using the word 'enigma' to describe the 'code' running as an operating system running on linux based receivers, the Vu+ duo is so popular, as its like a DM8000, at a third of the price, and using 'enigma' seemed to 'link' it to dreamboxes, who have used enigma as their wording for god knows how long.

DMM saw this as a threat, and took action against the company behind Vu+

all Vu+ has to do, is edit the word 'enigma' out of the code, and call it 'operating system'

the enigma code for DMM was ripped off from the Dbox ? tuxbox code, someone will correct this, but its that sort of thing

but ever since, the code has been evolving, and if the hardware between receivers is similar, itll work with some tweaking

plugins are similar, someone writes some code for one thing, it gets taken, tweaked, and changed to do something else, sometimes more than one thing, and on more than one type of receiver, and people add to this, and change functionality

sometimes people say 'they nicked my code' but if its all traced BACKWARDS, it all comes back to the python coding, which is free to use, modify, and distribute

just like 'enigma'

i think that makes sense for what im trying to say lol :)

This section of the forum just needs to get a grip and start dealing with facts.

most of this entire thread is based on 'what ifs'. there is NO word from technomate about these receivers, the pics and video are from the manufacturer, leaked a while back, of a very early prototype. ANY thread in the TM room tends to go sideways when a few people start to post on them. yes people have opinions, but, NOBODY owns the TM twin tuner yet, theres only 2 pre production models in the whole of the northern hemisphere.

yesamwell is intent on bashing on about how things have happened in the past, technomates customer care is above and beyond what any company ive ever dealt with has done for their customers. i could bash on about the 'customer uncare' of a certain business that has sent numerous forum members to DW after the aftersales they failed to receive, but this isnt the place for it

on here, we can guess, speculate, hope for things, and rant n rave, but unless someone actually drags their arse away from their keyboard, and picks up the phone, or navigates away from here, towards their email client, and contacts technomate and asks for themselfs (like i did yesterday) then nothing in this thread is worth getting too excited, or stressed about, untill something actually gets released

Bloody ell' guys, your all shouting and moaning before there anything to shout about.....I thought half of you flogged you TM800's and you still come back for more! lol

Joke aside

Think we will have to wait and see before judging what this new TM release will bring, I personally think the use of the broadcom chipset was the right idea... should be work well with standard applications.

Anyway I am keeping my beedy eye on this new reciever.

I have been ensured that the TM800 releases have not been discontinued or forgotton.

i spoke to TM today about the new box they said they have 1 coming out end of October this year it has twin tuners For less then £300 and there still working on TM800HD images

Thats really good to hear :) tbh I didnt think they would abandon the 800

Hi,
I for one will never buy one of these new twin tuner duo's. I've still got my TM800 and will just have it hooked up just incase something does show up.
Now the digital switchover has taken place in my area I have a choice for HD etc other than satellite.

Also I think they are too late to the table it cannot be too long before the senders of signals put counter measures to stop the CS then it will be virtually a twin tuner FTA box.

My 2 pence worth.

The TM800 and other simular boxes will always be more superior than a free view box providing you use them to there potential, so I disagree with the comment it will end up as an expensive freeview box when they cut the CS.

There are many FTA channels around Europe , that a standard FV box couldn't display

they have got their free advertising on DW now.
not the advertising I think they would want tbh mate reading through the other 10 pages :) TM Linux have had a rough ride on DW I think

Im not just saying it I would give this twin tuner a go :) after Ive read what other have said first though

anything that gets talked about on a forum thats not part of the sellers website gets 'free advertising'

if its looked at like that, then digital world advertises (amoungst a LOT of others)

technomate
dreambox
spiderbox
Vu+
xbox
playstation
nintendo
andriod
apple
microsoft

all for free. the more people who use these products, the more 'advertising' the product gets, the more people that support or try to make a product better, the more people buy it, and the circle keeps going round

look in ANY section on ANY forum, and its the same, with the exception of a few forums where talk of one thing is banned and people told that there is ZERO support with the sole intention of selling a different product, but not many forums act like that

the information in the first post of this thread could have been posted 3 or 4 months ago, as its information freely available on the net, using the right search terms in google. i didnt post it when i first heard of it, as i knew itd end up in a thread like this ;)

Back