New TM-Twin

everything gets reduced

i wonder what affect this will have on the Vu+ ULTIMO though, yes it may have the ability for 3 tuners, but other than that (and who really needs 3 sat tuners? lol) something like this could finish it off before its even released?

all speculation of course

but IF the openpli SVN is updated with a makefile for it, as its already all there really, the et9000 was incorporated within a few weeks of its release based upon the chip, which is the same as this new twin and the duo, then the main teams could have images out for it within a few hours of the makefile being created

and if it sells for less than £300, with more than 4x the memory of enything available on the market at the moment, and more than twice the memory of whats expected to be released from Vu, it could be an instant hit

but

im actually cringing at the thought of ur/iq being in control

untill it hits the shelves, and people start breaking them, not using them, but messing them up, no matter how they do it, then we will see how good it 'could' be

I see a new little section has been added in the technomatesoftware site, A release must be iminent.

For what its worth I really wish TM well with this I hope it lives up to the pre release speculation and hits the ground running .:goodluck:

I see a new little section has been added in the technomatesoftware site, A release must be iminent.

For what its worth I really wish TM well with this I hope it lives up to the pre release speculation and hits the ground running .:goodluck:

Well the use of proven CPU and chipset (Broadcom) is a good start. The software support is going to be the "make or break" issue here. They shold be able to leech exisiting drivers as the chipsets/CPU is the same. But will there be "Official Paid support" by any of the big teams ??? Im not talking about some made up name changing useless muppets like UR/DS/IQ ....

Well the use of proven CPU and chipset (Broadcom) is a good start. The software support is going to be the "make or break" issue here. They shold be able to leech exisiting drivers as the chipsets/CPU is the same. But will there be "Official Paid support" by any of the big teams ??? Im not talking about some made up name changing useless muppets like UR/DS/IQ ....

well if they had any sense then they would do above and beyond on this reciever to restore peoples faith in their linux products at least that would be what i would do if i was them and if the current team that haddles the support have let them down then they should source other companies, i hope that it succeeds as im sure il end up getting it as im pretty much ready to take a sledge hammer to my tm800!

TM
DSCN0413.jpg
OpenYourMind1280x1024LinuxWallpaper.jpg
october.jpg
427.jpg

Back