New sunray version of VU+solo2 receiver.

2pin Fan plugged into 3pin socket - not too bad - its fixable ;)
can you post the picture from the back and from the inside looking at the back

ooo.. Im disappointed.. the little fan from the back is gone and the "vents" are gone too
I guess a bigger 3pin fan will do the job but its not the best design

they do - check the 1st post in this thread
in fact I haven't noticed the lack of the fan on the back :rolleyes:

Yes may look strange? but it works ...:Biggrin2:

First of all congrats bro,well build!

But secondly its unbelievable that Sunray builds a box with a heating problem so users have to build improvised sollutions to keep the unit cool,u are the fourth one i have talked to today whom had this heating problem,and i dont believe that all those 4 people have bad luck,but i think this is a fook up of sunray with a misjugded the temperature,They now have introduced a product that isnt 100% ready!!

Ok you can have the latest images and drivers,and if its going to be bricked you can bring it back to live with the service port,but those things are nothing,if you cant keep the box cool,because with that heat,i dont think its going to have a long life...I am realy happy that i did wait a litlle longer and did not orderd one,because my Lonrisun Solo2,with the protected drivers is still under the 35 degrees!

Last edited:
First of all congrats bro,well build!

But secondly its unbelievable that Sunray builds a box with a heating problem so users have to build improvised sollutions to keep the unit cool,u are the fourth one i have talked to today whom had this heating problem,and i dont believe that all those 4 people have bad luck,but i think this is a fook up of sunray with a misjugded the temperature,They now have introduced a product that isnt 100% ready!!

Ok you can have the latest images and drivers,and if its going to be bricked you can bring it back to live with the service port,but those things are nothing,if you cant keep the box cool,because with that heat,i dont think its going to have a long life...I am realy happy that i did wait a litlle longer and did not orderd one,because my Lonrisun Solo2,with the protected drivers is still under the 35 degrees!

Personally I dont like also Sunray solo2 . my normal solo 2 is much better and working fine with no problem .. I m going to sell this box . may 1 or 2 days i will sell this sure

Hello to all,

Where can find image for vu solo2 clone? It's safe the last original image?
Thanks.

Aliraza63 why do you not like it? and what do you mean by "my normal solo 2 is much better" ?
do you have issues with the sunray box? I may buy it..
I don't mind the temp - I can change the cooler and even install a little one to push the hot air outside (short 2 pin with the central fan) :cool:
but if there are some other issues we don't know yet than please share it here ;)

Personally I dont like also Sunray solo2 . my normal solo 2 is much better and working fine with no problem .. I m going to sell this box . may 1 or 2 days i will sell this sure

Ali apart from the heat what are the other problems?

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Aliraza63 why do you not like it? and what do you mean by "my normal solo 2 is much better" ?
do you have issues with the sunray box? I may buy it..
I don't mind the temp - I can change the cooler and even install a little one to push the hot air outside (short 2 pin with the central fan) :cool:
but if there are some other issues we don't know yet than please share it here ;)

Ali apart from the heat what are the other problems?

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

I mean my Dragons' worth solo 2 .its much much better then sunray solo2 ... I dont know others but for me its not working as i was expecting . the main issue for me
1. after install fresh image it hangs some time and some time missing audio in HD channels . but if i install Sunray solo2 modified image it works fine
2. some time remote doesnt work I have to restart it
But in my Normal solo 2 dont have any kind problem i use always latest image .. dont have any threat of bricking or hanging problem with new image or after update . thats why i dont like it and selling .

Aliraza63 can you try your latest image with drivers from 2013 (just replace them) I know the sunray can take the latest image with the latest drivers but maybe they cause those issues?
if the sunray "dedicated" image works well than there is nothing wrong with the box (hardware) - must be an image/drivers issue
so in other words - put the very same image you have on the dragon solo2 box and tell us how it goes ;)

my thoughts exactly lots of people got shocked when boxes got bricked earlier on in the year as there box could run latest imageno they cant if you buy a clone you dont use latest images unless patched.

no they cant if you buy a clone you dont use latest images unless patched.
you r wrong - You can run the latest image on the sunray clone box - the one we talk about in this thread ;)
you can also install the latest image on other clones if you update the FPGA to V3 (u just need to replace the drivers)

Aliraza63 can you try your latest image with drivers from 2013 (just replace them) I know the sunray can take the latest image with the latest drivers but maybe they cause those issues?
if the sunray "dedicated" image works well than there is nothing wrong with the box (hardware) - must be an image/drivers issue
so in other words - put the very same image you have on the dragon solo2 box and tell us how it goes ;)
i'm curious to know if problem is hardware or image/drivers.

Aliraza, do you have exact same image and drivers on both your boxes as mentioned by mygalomorphae?

it can't be hardware because:
but if i install Sunray solo2 modified image it works fine
2. some time remote doesnt work I have to restart it
Aliraza63 put the very same image you have on the dragon solo2 box and tell us how it goes
wink15.gif

it can't be hardware because:
Aliraza63 put the very same image you have on the dragon solo2 box and tell us how it goes
wink15.gif
i agree it's looking like it's not hardware but it's possible that Sunray modified image fixed audio problem. At least if we had image details (inc version) and whether clone safe drivers we could have more of an idea

i'm curious to know if problem is hardware or image/drivers.

Aliraza, do you have exact same image and drivers on both your boxes as mentioned by mygalomorphae?

i agree it's looking like it's not hardware but it's possible that Sunray modified image fixed audio problem. At least if we had image details (inc version) and whether clone safe drivers we could have more of an idea

@ guys I thin i have already cleared that WHEN I USE NEW FRESH IMAGE IN MY CLONE AND IN SUNRAY . and have told u how it behaves , any how i again tell u all
1. Yes friend same fresh ( fresh mean untouch and unmodified ) image i use in both and result i mentioned in my post
2. But SUNRAY SOLO 2 modified images works fine ( may be they use old drivers ). But in my NORMAL SOLO2 dont have any proble with any image works much much much better for me .
3. @ Mygalomorphae .. I have tried with old driver and almost with all images from Pli to BH the result for me is same it works fine but when i use new driver it acts like that. But my other Solo2 dont have this problem at all . But why should i worry even i have another best clone stb already
4. No need to further experiment its better to sell this stupid box

Last edited:
Back