New sunray version of VU+solo2 receiver.

@ guys I thin i have already cleared that WHEN I USE NEW FRESH IMAGE IN MY CLONE AND IN SUNRAY . and have told u how it behaves , any how i again tell u all
1. Yes friend same fresh ( fresh mean untouch and unmodified ) image i use in both and result i mentioned in my post

2. But SUNRAY SOLO 2 modified images works fine ( may be they use old drivers ). But in my NORMAL SOLO2 dont have any proble with any image works much much much better for me .
3. @ Mygalomorphae .. I have tried with old driver and almost with all images from Pli to BH the result for me is same it works fine but when i use new driver it acts like that. But my other Solo2 dont have this problem at all . But why should i worry even i have another best clone stb already
4. No need to further experiment its better to sell this stupid box
Thanks for that. Out of images you said you have tried was VTi one as de2zet has no problems with that image?

Thanks for that. Out of images you said you have tried was VTi one as de2zet has no problems with that image?

I think u didnt read my last post . i have clearly stated any how again for u . yes i did but the result same for me . Oh yes
here is an update also .. just few hours before I have sold that idiot box . Really happy :Cheers:

Ali,

I didn't read you had tried VTi, just that you had tried most images.

I have ordered a 40x40 3 pin fan. Until it has arrived I don´t use the Sunray box.
Can you let us know how you get on with new fan?

Ok heres the thing,i told this earlier,but i realy like the Sim2 boys,and mostly for the support they give on thier products...Earlier i also sayed that i was going to buy a Sunray Solo2 when it would be available,but i am glad that i did wait,because with the heating problem (come on guys the heat diffirence between my Solo2 clone and the Sunray is approx.20c!!!!Thats to mutch!)And things like,display having a slight different colour and the things that Ali said,i have desided to wait longer till these issues cleared up,hopely till that time we find out the meaning of the "service" port,because we still dont know that!

Last edited:
D2 how many fan connections got the mainboard?...And if more then one,can they all be controlled by a plugin like fancontrol?

Hey there anyone here who has seen the picture of my Sunray solo2 there is only one prob with sunray and the remaining hard disk gets very hot there is no vent option and the hot air is sucked into the fan of the processor originally at Sunray solo2 therefore I drilled holes of the hard disk and mounted fan there.
thereby blowing the fresh air into both the hard drive and the cool air fan to the processors also get benefits of.
This is by the way the best Solo2 I have tried both image projection and sound my original solo2 is deflated

You can use fan with USB connection on top no problem

laptop cooler used on old boxes via usb when running very hot:proud:

Sounds to me like it's a steamer. Quite literally. I'd wait on new revisions before buying one. Bit of trouble I'd you ask me. Besides.. With the old solo2, if you've got v3 on or have got a new flash soldered... You should be ok anyway. Especially since the release of the jtag information. Makes the service port redundant, as it's only that in which was the reason to upgrade.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

If it's the heat from hard drive causing this, is it not possible to fix hard drive in up side down or move it's location some where else if that makes sense.

if the drive can be upside down than how it normally goes then more heat may escape through the vent holes.

This is a guess going by pics I have seen.

Has anyone managed to replace fan with a better quality one enough to reduce temp to a more acceptable range?

would be a little simpler to use a separate fan wired directly to a independent transformer/adapter...5v/12v
another way of doing it...

As I said before and judging by the pics you should be able to put a larger fan on the heat sink, it looks like a 60 mm fan would just about fit.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

I got now 40°C.
I have a put a new 40x40x10 fan on the CPU. But it don´t run with the connection on mainboard...
Have you got any specs on that fan as i've seen a few on ebay?

Title: Supermicro FAN-0086L4, 0.8 A, 9.6 W, Black, 40 x 40 x 56 mm, 12000 RPM CASE FAN
item: 27e495868d

It has an rpm of 12000 :Biggrin2: so that should cool it down completely but it's probably also dead noisy as well :Biggrin2:

Some fans on ebay dont state the RPM which isn't helpful.

With that fan you might as put a hairdryer on each time you turn the box on

I got now 40°C.
I have a put a new 40x40x10 fan on the CPU. But it don´t run with the connection on mainboard. I use 12V from the power switch and minus/mass on the case.
I have a 60x60 fan in the case cover with connection on fan port on mainboard. But I think only the new 40x40 were enough.
Sorry for bad english, hope you understand it :pimp:

Case cover

would be a little simpler to use a separate fan wired directly to a independent transformer/adapter...5v/12v
another way of doing it...

Have you got any specs on that fan as i've seen a few on ebay?

Do you think 56mm is too thick in this one on ebay.co.uk:

Title: Supermicro FAN-0086L4, 0.8 A, 9.6 W, Black, 40 x 40 x 56 mm, 12000 RPM CASE FAN
item: 27e495868d

It has an rpm of 12000 :Biggrin2: so that should cool it down completely but it's probably also dead noisy as well :Biggrin2:

Some fans on ebay dont state the RPM which isn't helpful.

With that fan you might as put a hairdryer on each time you turn the box on

:Laugh: Unable to understand why the peoples are getting stress and tension after spending money on that machine which is useless from every aspect .

:Laugh: Unable to understand why the peoples are getting stress and tension after spending money on that machine which is useless from every aspect .

Thats a matter of opinion mate..not everyone has to match your choices...it takes all sorts to make the world go round.

It's not completely useless as options include multisat or even FreeSat if not wanting to move away from 28.2. The cost of, for example, a twin sat tuner for FreeSat is probably around the same.

I was actually thinking of getting an original solo 2 up until the $ky pairing started so I consider myself lucky that I didn't. If SD continues for around a good 6+ months (I'm hoping a year) then I'd have saved what it would cost me for original Sky+ box with sub during this timeframe.

Re: SOLO 2 UPDATE (Ver:3)! SAVE UR BOX FROM ATTACK

I think somebody here might have purchased that box and if the guy was offering a service to change chips which I think was £50 + £14 P+P if he couldn't revive the box then who is going to be able to fix that box? I got suspicious when there was no picture of the main board and the top of the front fascia had a huge crack on it which the auction didn't even mention.

yeah ah that was me :(

the box is bricked but managed to get a full refund from eBay thankfully

Re: SOLO 2 UPDATE (Ver:3)! SAVE UR BOX FROM ATTACK

Just got my Sunray VU solo2 and it's mostly setup.

I can confirm that my temp starts at around 40oC during first boot from cold but soon rises to around 55oC.

I've ordered a fan from ebay and once arrives I will replace it in hope that temp drops back to around 40oC or ideally less.

Back