New sunray version of VU+solo2 receiver.

@myga i think 99% ure box is Lonrisun,if you open the hood you see a sticker with Lonrisun on OR with "X card",and if they arent then you can also see this on teh other side of the motherboard

I'm also trying to figure out from which manufacturer my box is. It has no stickers on either side of the mainboard. The security chip, and the bigger chip near the card reader have their identity numbers scratched off. No "X" or lonrisun stickers. No identification underneath the motherboard.
I need to find out so I can order a new motherboard for my box, guessing the front panel wont work with the wrong board??

I have already contacted lonrisun and waiting for a reply, but does anyone have contact information for this dragon team? Their alibaba or aliexpress sites?

I'm also trying to figure out from which manufacturer my box is. It has no stickers on either side of the mainboard. The security chip, and the bigger chip near the card reader have their identity numbers scratched off. No "X" or lonrisun stickers. No identification underneath the motherboard.
I need to find out so I can order a new motherboard for my box, guessing the front panel wont work with the wrong board??

I have already contacted lonrisun and waiting for a reply, but does anyone have contact information for this dragon team? Their alibaba or aliexpress sites?

I have the same type of reciever, no identifying marks on the motherboard, security chip and some other chips have had their markings grinded off. I would guess that is might be Lonrisun because my box was killed by the clone bomb which specifially targetted Lonrisun recievers.

what temp does it show?
check if you can control the central fan (depending if its 2 or 3/4 pin) with the fancontrol2 plugin

What temps are the lonrisun ones? I know they're quite cool. Just for comparative reasons

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

where is the sensor on the sunray box, could be at a warmer location,

my genuine and "no name" clone have the very same temp between 33-38 - I installed the FanControl2 on the clone to make sure it wont go over 40 but 58 is definitely too much
If you get a chance open it and see if the central fan is working as it should - the other solo2 don't have it and they go max 45 so it must be the new sunray radiator/cooler issue (unless its a faulty board) - so open it and give us some update (detailed photos are very welcome ;) )

My solo2 mini is around 31 and 39 MAX!!!

Can somebody else whom owne a Sunray tell what his temperature is,because what @D2 is telling is dam*ed hot!!
@kaon maybe?

Last edited by a moderator:
My solo2 mini is around 31 and 39 MAX!!!

Can somebody else whom owne a Sunray tell what his temperature is,because what @D2 is telling is dam*ed hot!!
@kaon maybe?

Mine Sunray solo 2 fan 33 to 41 its confirmed and normal solo2 clone is 32 40 or 41 some time

so de2zet must have a faulty board - or maybe they just forgot to plug the fan ;)

k I just found that the sunray central fan is only 2 pin so FanControl2 plugin can not see/control it but you could try to swap the fans around
1) change the central fan with a 3pin one (get a bigger/better fan) and plug into the 3pin socket (where the small fan is)
2) extend the small fan wire and plug it into the 2pin socket

once you do that you can control the central fan via FanControl2 plugin and keep the temp down

there should be another one by the power switch on the back - the genuine solo2 have it and sunray have them too
its under that little board so you may need to take it off to find the fan

why skimp on the fan, with such a small low air flow, and not have any control over it, i know its a clone , they seemed to sort out the attack from vu , but make cock up on fan !

Aliraza63's sunray seems Ok so I wouldn't jump the gun yet ;)
just try the trick I suggested first - I would expect it to perform even better than the genuine ones after that ;)

I can't see how many fans you have - I asked for photos but you didn't add any
I dont need inkompetent help. ... No cry for help
fair enough.. will see how long you gonna ride on 60°C ;)

Last edited:
@Ali says 31 degree and @D2 says 55 degree,or Ali is a realy lucky guy or D2 got bad luck.....I realy dont understand why there are so big temperature differences between the boxes...

Last edited by a moderator:
Neither do I.. I know a guy who just got the sunray solo2 and his one is also below 40°C
I'll get him to drop me some photos as I assumed they left the little fan on the back and mounted additional on the CPU (radiator + 2pin fan)
but if they removed the 3pin socket and fan from the back than I don't like it (you can't control the fan/speed/temp)

Back