New sunray version of VU+solo2 receiver.

Re: SOLO 2 UPDATE (Ver:3)! SAVE UR BOX FROM ATTACK

As the screw holes obviously don't match up if I get a 40x40 fan, how would u then screw this in place?

If you're going to put the fan on the heat sink then a single screw in one corner will be enough to secure the fan.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

If you're going to put the fan on the heat sink then a single screw in one corner will be enough to secure the fan.
Thanks for that.

I have ordered a 40x40x10 fan from ebay and shall report back how effective it is compared to the useless fan that comes with the Sunray box.

I ordered another Dragon for some relatives (they just want to watch TV people),ive orderd this directly by DragonWorth and these Chipmunks send me SUNRAY?!?!!?!??!!?!?!?!?!??
Its unbelievable,i opend the box and i saw the Mini usb cable,i thought that was some present,but then i looked at the backside of the box and its a Sunray!
Theres on the top a sticker,on its written something like "Use images from the site dream*em,others could damage ure receiver"..

This is unbelievable,i order a box by dragonworth and they send me one from their competitor,these crazy Chinese are now even cloning each others units,laughing my b*lls of here:roflmao:

Last edited:
I ordered another Dragon for some relatives (they just want to watch TV people),ive orderd this directly by DragonWorth and these Chipmunks send me SUNRAY?!?!!?!??!!?!?!?!?!??
Its unbelievable,i opend the box and i saw the Mini usb cable,i thought that was some present,but then i looked at the backside of the box and its a Sunray!
Theres on the top a sticker,on its written something like "Use images from the site dream*em,others could damage ure receiver"..

This is unbelievable,i order a box by dragonworth and they send me one from their competitor,these crazy Chinese are now even cloning each others units,laughing my b*lls of here:roflmao:

Very odd! I'm pleased I've got the older model. Cool temps! Again though... As I'm now v3 with a new flash chip soldered.. I should be in the clear. Till maybe a v4.. Who knows what's around the corner We shall see.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Yes,but like i said earlier,i am verry verry happy with my Lonrisun V3...I installed the Pli from VU-HD site,installed,HBBTV,Youtibe,Tsmedia,and after that i locked it up and throw away the key;-)

I am going to give this Sunray to the relatives like planned!Altough i am verry worried about the heat problem wit this box...

Yes,but like i said earlier,i am verry verry happy with my Lonrisun V3...I installed the Pli from VU-HD site,installed,HBBTV,Youtibe,Tsmedia,and after that i locked it up and throw away the key;-)

I am going to give this Sunray to the relatives like planned!Altough i am verry worried about the heat problem wit this box...

How does hbbtv work? I'm very interested in that. I'm in the UK. Not sure if we have it.. Or use it at all.

Its a plugin whit that you can watch the programs youve missed that was on the Public tv...Not the programms on the commercial channel...But i dont use that,i need that because its got the opera browser needed for YouTube.tv

I have installed alittle bit thin pc cpu fan in my lonrisun solo2 with 5V volatage regulator to make the fan runs with lower speed to avoid any fan noise and the temp. is very very low, it might help with sunrary solo2.

Thanks for that.

I have ordered a 40x40x10 fan from ebay and shall report back how effective it is compared to the useless fan that comes with the Sunray box.

I've said this before but I'll say it again, judging by the pics and the size of the heatsink on the CPU you might be able to getaway with installing a bigger fan than a noisey useless 40mm tenny-weeny fan.

I've said this before but I'll say it again, judging by the pics and the size of the heatsink on the CPU you might be able to getaway with installing a bigger fan than a noisey useless 40mm tenny-weeny fan.
The heatsink itself is 40mmx40mm so using one existing screw with my new 40mmx40mm fan when it arrives means it will still stick over the edge on two sides if you know what I mean.

Really, it does look bigger in the pics. So what size is the fan that comes with the box, must be like 30mm x 30mm? You'd think they'd learn with using tiny fans, I remember the tiny fan on my DM800hd clone years ago, started squeaking and failed within a few months which made the huge fan in the DM800SE a God-send.

My 40x40 fan arrived.

The connector wouldn't fit (still a bit too big) so had to cut ends of both new fan and original and use connector from original on new fan. It did mean I could only use 2 wires rather than the 3 my new fan supports.

Anyhow, my temp is now around 49. My old temperature on original fan was around 60/61 so it has dropped but not as much as I was hoping. I was hoping for it to drop to around 40 and I could have lived with that.

This temperature is with a HDD fitted which obviously adds to the heat but I personally think the problem is lack of another fan like on the lonrison versions.

Last edited:
Hello, does anyone know if the clone safe image of openpli 4 will install safely onto the sunray solo2??

My temps on the lonrisun are 23/24 with hard drive. Can't believe the temps of these!

Wauw Darry thats fantastic temp mate!....Lik i said there are temps measured over 65c...Thats way too mutch!...These Sunray guys need a : spank :

You can download from the original Openpli site..They work fantastic...Dont worry,sunray boxes work good with original images zo you cant bricked them!...For this moment anyway..!

Yes, original images work.... for now anyhow.

I have very latest Vix Apollo 012 image with latest drivers without a problem.

I have just write protected these drivers so if VU decide to introduce another clone bomb in their drivers sometime in the future then I'm hoping it's in a later driver and therefore will not affect me as my drivers are the current ones (as of now) and shouldn't be updated with any future online update.

Of course I know there is no guarantee but it's chance i'm prepared to take.

Back