New Skin - Digitalworldz

I did try to get a screenshot earlier, but I haven't worked out how to do it with Maxthon browser yet. Is there a universal ctrl + ?? type command to take a screenshot, or does each browser have its own way?

I really appreciate the bug reporting we are squashing them :)

But can you also post screen shots when possible it helps out so much with any issues.

Thank you all.

Mick

Press the print screen button on your keyboard, then paste in paint or something ?

OMG!! Almost 20 years of playing with PC's & I never knew what that button did. Kinda obvious now lol!!

OK some feedback from a Original skin fanboy lol

I decided to give this a go until weekend just gone and to my surprise I'm still using it :)
got to say I now prefer it to the old fashioned, boring, cluttered original skin :) did I just say that :eek: lol

I loged onto DW via mobile earlier too (browser) and was surprised to see the same look but in readable text like you would see in tapatalk :) so now Im going to make a icon on screen and use this instead of tapatalk for a while and see how I get on :)

Give it a chance and you just might be swayed ;)

Well done @Mick :Clap:

Last edited by a moderator:
it works on my pi with epiphany browser which I connect to on my laptop using mobaxterm just to try it out

onto DW via mobile earlier too (browser) and was surprised to see the same look but in readable text like you would see in tapatalk :) so now Im going to make a icon on screen and use this instead of tapatalk for a while and see how I get on :)

Thanks @Rat,

We also had a mobile style made at the same time...

This is automatically used if someone browses on mobile phones, and some tablets.

I am not sure it is fully functional yet though.

We had the downloads section completely re-developed too

Downloads - DigitalWorldz Technology Forum - Satellite, Cable TV, IPTV, Console Experts

Which is about 60% complete only a little more and that section will be finished too.

Thanks all for the feedback.

Mick

Last edited:
too be honest i hate this new skin, where is the old skin option i thought you could decide which skin to use, i prefer the older one..too be honest beacuse of this new look i tend not to click the "digitalworldz" tab in my favs..bring back the old one or at least give us a choice..

lol yeah..got the old skin back..im happy now LOL :Cheers:

I like the skin Mick as it's really clean and minimalistic, but the width is painful, especially on a 27" monitor, its like looking at the middle lane of the motorway :) lol.

Screenshot_1.jpg

I like the skin Mick as it's really clean and minimalistic, but the width is painful, especially on a 27" monitor, its like looking at the middle lane of the motorway :) lol.

Couldn't agree more. The basic design is excellent. The implementation sucks I'm afraid.

I was impressed initially, but like a lot of people, I've gone back to the original skin.

Just at a job at the moment mate writing from my iPhone, but I don't want the shoutbox on the main forumhome, however there will be a link in the quicklinks to the shoutbox by tomorrow...

It will still be here just not taking now space on the forumhome.

If I can find time maybe write a small plugin to put an option to show it or not show it via your usercp options :)

Mick

Moved onto the darkness skin, really liking it(even though its blue..lol) I see I can select "Chatbox Full" but is there any way to get it working the way it does on the original blue skin ?

Decided to give the New Skin another try. Can I view the shoutbox on the New skin? Can't see how & still a @nag screen' when I use 'Mark Forums Read'
Not biggies by any stretch but you wanted feedback @Mick
Cheers HH.

Decided to give the New Skin another try. Can I view the shoutbox on the New skin? Can't see how & still a @nag screen' when I use 'Mark Forums Read'
Not biggies by any stretch but you wanted feedback @Mick
Cheers HH.

Check now, the quick links should have a chat link, and also the nag screen for mark forums read should be gone, the only reason there was a nag was to stop people from accidentally clicking mark read and then not being able to see posts from last active etc...

EDIT SCRATCH THAT:

I have put the mark forums read under new posts drop down.

Mick

Check now, the quick links should have a chat link, and also the nag screen for mark forums read should be gone, the only reason there was a nag was to stop people from accidentally clicking mark read and then not being able to see posts from last active etc...

EDIT SCRATCH THAT:

I have put the mark forums read under new posts drop down.

Mick

All good, Thanks for that @Mick
:Cheers: HH

How many skins and where's the shout box gone lol can't change anything

I think post #66 covers how to change back if you want to. I have accidentally stumbled upon the best solution: New skin on my old 4:3 monitor, and old Blue on my 16:9 laptop, so no 'wasted' space at the sides. With my eyesight, it's cheaper than a bigger monitor / visit to Specsavers lol!

Chat box is via a drop down at top of forum now

Out and about, On the phone

Back