load 1.17 original
reboot
factory reset
load 1.23 phant0m
reboot
factory reset
load cndf
Check system info page. OK.
Set lat, long, clock, video out to Auto.
load addon stb
load key backup
load latest softcam key just in case
Disable CCCam and newcamd logins.
Check softcams, BUL, NL, AT, DE, FR, IT and BISS
- As yesterday, all good except France SD freezing at 6 seconds (see last report)
Enable cccam and newcamd logins
Check UK channels clear (using cccam) YES
Check channels clear (newcamd) as follows :
UK YES. Immediate
DE YES. Immediate
IT Clears after 2/3 minutes
ES Clears after 2/3 minutes
FR Clears after 2/3 minutes. Then freezes.
DxxxxALB YES Immediate
C+DK YES Immediate

rebooted : same results.

Roll back to 1.17 phant0m, via 1.17 original.
IT, ES, FR, Now clear instantly. NL softcam fails, FR softcam works.

Last edited:
posted by digger99 in other forum"Problems that I encountered with mp4's on previous versions prior to 1.20 are back again on this 1.23 software."divx player

hi all,with 1.23 installed and now seems very stable, most chn. clearing, sometimes a small delay before opening but all good.
iwould like to know from zorch's "o/s and patch size comparisons"(this thread no. 13) what could have been omitted ?
Being a noob everything seems to take me so much longer than you guys, who seem to fly through searches and tests.
Great forum and a good bunch of people keep it up peeps, thankyou, timelord

Hi Timelord,

iwould like to know from zorch's "o/s and patch size comparisons"(this thread no. 13) what could have been omitted ?

Who knows mate... I cannot read code... I am only surmising... but from just looking at the size of TM Original Software v1.17 (5.94MB) and TM Original Software v1.20 (5.83MB) there's 110kb less code in the newer O/S

Why would they trim down the new O/S (v1.20) when the previous version (v1.17) was so stable... normally improvements in O/S means the file size goes up... not down... I reckon there will be a new O/S release before anything gets fixed properly on a new patch...

Best Wishes,
Zorch

i had problems with 5402's dropping connections to severs the lines work fine in other receivers running linux but for no reason just won't connect in the 5402 I tried different routers but they still do it anyone got any ideas ?

Hi Timelord,

Who knows mate... I cannot read code... I am only surmising... but from just looking at the size of TM Original Software v1.17 (5.94MB) and TM Original Software v1.20 (5.83MB) there's 110kb less code in the newer O/S

Why would they trim down the new O/S (v1.20) when the previous version (v1.17) was so stable... normally improvements in O/S means the file size goes up... not down... I reckon there will be a new O/S release before anything gets fixed properly on a new patch...

Best Wishes,
Zorch

Zorch - fyi - patches usually add code to a program (like inserting a new paragraph in text) , but 'new releases' may reduce the overall size (removing redundant code or replacing erroneous stuff by shorter (?) lengths of code that 'work'). There is also the way that program compilers/consolidators (if applicable) work (which take raw code and turn it into the issued program)

As a retired programmer with plenty of spare time, I wouldnt mind having access to the listings to see if there are any repairs that could be done ...

Zorch - fyi - patches usually add code to a program (like inserting a new paragraph in text) , but 'new releases' may reduce the overall size (removing redundant code or replacing erroneous stuff by shorter (?) lengths of code that 'work'). There is also the way that program compilers/consolidators (if applicable) work (which take raw code and turn it into the issued program)

As a retired programmer with plenty of spare time, I wouldnt mind having access to the listings to see if there are any repairs that could be done ...

I have suggested several times that the software and tools be released to other (trusted) members, not to replace the present software writers but rather to extend the receivers capabilities and arrive at the best possible patch.
Those posts go ignored which is a pity as it does an injustice to what are otherwise excellent receivers, well in truth I suppose it is a big thing to ask but it really means we are dependent on people who for whatever reason often dont bother to read our requests and just churn out the same old rehashed software.
Oh well if they dont care then why should I? my next receiver wont be a Technomate.

Its more than their life's worth eh - their sheer professionalism?? lol!!:grayyawn:

Its more than their life's worth eh - their sheer professionalism?? lol!!:grayyawn:

Funny I thought the TMs were clones (for example using the Clarke Tech editor implies that TM uses the same format for its satellite, TP and channel lists and also some previous patch producers were working for a reseller if I remember) - so TM wouldnt own the code anyway -

From Richard at TM.
Load 1.23 phant0m
reboot
factory reset
load cndf
Check system info page. OK.
Set lat, long, clock, video out to Auto.
load addon stb
load key backup
load latest softcam key just in case
Disable CCCam and newcamd logins.

Check softcams, BUL, NL, AT, DE, FR, IT and BISS
- As yesterday, all good except France SD freezing at 6 seconds (see last report)

Enable cccam and newcamd logins
Check UK channels clear (using cccam) YES
Check channels clear (newcamd) as follows :
UK YES. Immediate
DE YES. Immediate
IT Clears after 2/3 minutes
ES Clears after 2/3 minutes
FR Clears after 2/3 minutes. Then freezes.
DxxxxALB YES Immediate
C+DK YES Immediate

Please add any feedback here.
New patch soon.

Hi ive just come across this thread got my tm5402hd yesterday i loaded Phantompatch 123 on it and i noticed that neither jsc,sly italia or nova clear reading the info here i would have to leave it on sly itlalia for some time to clear can anyone recommend a patch that will enable me to open nova and jsc too

Last edited:
Not with a softcam. Are you talking about official cards, or sharing?

I'm not sure why 1.23 isnt fine for you.
I don't think it's the box. Check with your supplier.

I know 1.12p opens all those on cccam

Tried and tested all patchs on ccam line Up to 120p patch open most channels in the server. Patch 123p hardly opens anything exactly as the previous thread , uk sky still freezes alot. I am back to 120p the best at the moment for Astra 1 and hotbird :Mad2:
uk sky freezing or glitching has nothing to do with the patch this more where you get the share from
cause it works fine for me with any patch.

Hi! I need help with phatompatch for technomate 5402.

Thankyou for help.

hello and welcome to DW.....firstly you could try saying hello in the intro section and explain a little about yourself and your system.. constantly posting every few minutes will get you ignored. its just took me 2 mins to find the patch by using google and following a link or just look in the downloads section of this section of the forum were you can find the patch,addon,softcam,channel list,editor basically everything you need. download the files, extract them then load them via usb stick. if you spend 30 mins on this forum reading you can find instructions on how to load the files and have your box running on a motorised system and opening channels with softcam/keys although b.i.s.s. keys take a little time as you have to enter them manually. this is a very helpfull forum but you must be willing to put the effort in yourself as you wont be spoonfed,regards mdt

Back