NEW kryptview SOFTWARE HERE !

Thanks for that. This is an official release, not a beta? (apologies if there's a read-me in there, ain't checked it yet)
Cheers HH.

1/ Cancel that question, there is a readme, here's some excerpts from it
Please note this is a public beta release.

There are two files in this release:

Kryptview_12092008_PvrEPG - This is for use in most of the UK mainland and provided 7 Day EPG

Kryptview_12092008_StdEPG - This is for use on Irish providers and also parts the UK where
the above file does not give EPG.

**********************************************************************************************
IMPORTANT: A FACTORY RESET IS REQUIRED AFTER FLASHING THIS FILE OR YOU MAY GET CHANNEL BREAKUP
**********************************************************************************************

There are still some known issues with the firmware, that is why it is still classed as BETA.

A new update is expected in about 2 weeks to fix a few known bugs (we promise this won't be months again)
Thanks again

2/ just installed it, looks good to me. I'd say my picture quality's improved a wee bit, I was having problems on the Santana channels but they're fine now. If I could only get the subtitles to work I'd be a happy man.

Many thanks, HH.

Last edited:
Nice one, hopefully this'll fix my missing channel issue.

im trying to flash this to my box,but its saying the downloading is not requested,am i doing something wrong

the new software dosent look much different to the old software,still the blue menu screen,the only different i see is when you press your epg button,you can see the tv picture

its not all about looks Peter,its more about the stability of the firmware itself :)

i think these boxes are pretty decent IMO the best of the plug and play variety.

if you are in ex tw scotland had to use the stdEPG file before the box picked up the epg stream.

kudos to the developer(s) as the firmware has been very robust - they even released an image pre the April boom when the boxes were hit in ireland first.

the epg is very slow to load up on the new software,like the way its now shows the picture behind the epg,when it shows the programme details that is

is anyone else having problems with the epg,cant get any information up on mine

Apart from the fact that the box has good support as far as EMU updates are concerned and is relatively simple to setup, I honestly can't say anything else good about it, the software is horrible and over complex, IMO the OSD etc are needing completely redone.

I bought this box as i was sold on the 'fact' that it had the best tuner in the UK, well that was a pile of shit for a start, it fails to pickup some frequencies that even a 10 year old Sagem Dbox2 gets no problem.

As far as I'm concerned, it's a FTA101 with a facelift.

I've not tested this new firmware but I won't expect miracles when I do.

The new firmware is definately stable but the epg still needs a little work especially when you go to the daily epg it only updates half of the days epg. To see the remaining epg listing for the day you need to wait a few hours till it updates. It would be nice if you can go through the whole days epg like you can do with dreamboxes.

Apart from the fact that the box has good support as far as EMU updates are concerned and is relatively simple to setup, I honestly can't say anything else good about it, the software is horrible and over complex, IMO the OSD etc are needing completely redone.

I bought this box as i was sold on the 'fact' that it had the best tuner in the UK, well that was a pile of shit for a start, it fails to pickup some frequencies that even a 10 year old Sagem Dbox2 gets no problem.

I would totaly agree i got one as heard the tuner was the best but i get lchannel breakups on some channels which other boxs play no problem. Out of all the plug and play box's i have played with i would say the eurovox max v is the best nice simple menus and epg which is almost on a par with the old trusty dbox2

i have 3 boxes at home trying them turn by turn.i am using stdepg as the other gives me half a days epg only.but with stdepg i get a couple of progs first on daily guide then have to wait maybe a minute then the rest start to appear. 2 boxes seem good so far but 3rd is still having probs with losts of pic breakup it was ok when i flashed but after a bit of time maybe half an hour pic breaking up

im trying to flash this to my box,but its saying the downloading is not requested,am i doing something wrong

Snap, I am trying to save my channels list before upgrading, so I can re-send my channel list, getting the 'not requested' message.

Tried the cable/com port on DBox2 and works fine.

Any Idea's??

Thanks

Last edited:
Snap, I am trying to save my channels list before upgrading, so I can re-send my channel list, getting the 'not requested' message.

Tried the cable/com port on DBox2 and works fine.

Any Idea's??

Thanks

i think you can not do it from pc alone you have to be connected to tv aswell then in the menu somewhere you have to press data download

well said, couldnt have put it better.

Back