New File Added: Enigma2 BBC iPlayer

Status
Not open for further replies.
OK, another flash isn't gonna hurt.. been flashing all last week changing images till I found one I liked :)

As for backup, I have never known how or attempted to find out, but yeah right now I could do with doing it if only to stop the missus saying... you broke it again.. when can I actually watch the thing :)

For info my box is a clone dm800HD with Merlin3-final-SIM2-dm800-SSL-84b_drhg_12-12-2012 image on it.

Well that didn't go so well :(
Installed as instructed, restarted enigma and stuck in a boot loop.
Uninstalled via FTP, rebooted and STILL stuck in a boot loop :(

Any idea what I can do to recover without reflashing ? seeing as I have just got it set up nice !

golden rule number 1

allways make a back up before playing ;)

TMTwin OE Openpli 3.0
Works fine, on selecting a programme it is almost instantly in play mode ,clarity of picture excellent.

Had a degree of success on duo orig and vix 3.1.1 after reboot. some times took 2 or 3 goes to get it to play No green screen crashes tho :)

I had another go of this, this morning

first time I tried when selecting a programme it just freezes on the last programme that was on tv before selecting a iPlayer and just hangs @ 00:00

tried again and when I selected a programme from another section it green screened and box rebooted

tbh a few things spring to mind seems to work on boxes that vix images are on/been on previously

tbh a few things spring to mind seems to work on boxes that vix images are on/been on previously

I should explain what I mean by that really, ViX make things there way to work with there code (thats fair enough) :) but Im thinking this plugin was made on the TM Twin so "maybe" it has fragments of ViX codes in it that only works with code that has had vix on ? long shot but nothing would surprise me with code
look at how the TM800 kept code from previous images that caused lots of problems
I dont want to harp on about the TM800 but its true and has to be thought about/questioned ?

maybe Im way off beat ? lol

Had a degree of success on duo orig and vix 3.1.1 after reboot. some times took 2 or 3 goes to get it to play No green screen crashes tho :)

There is no such thing as ViX 3.1.1. That just refers to the kernel version which has been the same since late in the ViX 2.3 series images.

as for functionality, andyblac had a spare 5 minutes this morning to look over this and has cleaned up the code somewhat, stripped it down from 1138 lines of code to 242 , and stopped it returning to MovieList on exiting a program, also sorted the the list A-Z for easy finding, yadda yadda yadda.

more to come when it has been tested more thoroughly.

Last edited:
I should explain what I mean by that really, ViX make things there way to work with there code (thats fair enough) :) but Im thinking this plugin was made on the TM Twin so "maybe" it has fragments of ViX codes in it that only works with code that has had vix on ? long shot but nothing would surprise me with code
look at how the TM800 kept code from previous images that caused lots of problems
I dont want to harp on about the TM800 but its true and has to be thought about/questioned ?

maybe Im way off beat ? lol

this was written in python idle, and tested etc on a TM-Twin running openpli 3.0 and on an Azbox elite (unsure what that was running)

There is no such thing as ViX 3.1.1. That just refers to the kernel version which has been the same since late in the ViX 2.3 series images.

as for functionality, andyblac had a spare 5 minutes this morning to look over this and has cleaned up the code somewhat, stripped it down from 1138 lines of code to 242 , and stopped it returning to MovieList on exiting a program, also sorted the the list A-Z for easy finding, yadda yadda yadda.

a LOT of the code in the script is duplicated, and the plan over the weekend was to make a single function to be called on instead of the duplication

on the TM-TWIN and the TM-2T, on exiting, it returns to the iplayer listings on both openPLi 3.0 and the latest openViX images

Well done mate, will be good for Vix too have it.
Always makes life easier when someone has done the initial hard work.
Well done again to digidude & rogerthis

Dont worry we always credit those who deserve it.

That's great about the "stopped it returning to MovieList on exiting", I could definitely use that for RTE Player and 3player.

Is there any problems with iPlayer where the video stops early? This seems to be a major issue with RTE Player. I guessing it's a buffering issue. Don't know enough about enigma2 to sort it out. :(

There will be a ViX version of the Iplayer plugin released soon, just needs more testing etc.

lol really :eek:

cheers for explaining Dude :) I get it now, you can see what I meant though?

That's great about the "stopped it returning to MovieList on exiting", I could definitely use that for RTE Player and 3player.

Is there any problems with iPlayer where the video stops early? This seems to be a major issue with RTE Player. I guessing it's a buffering issue. Don't know enough about enigma2 to sort it out. :(

Have a word with andy or chris, i'm sure andy will help you with what ever your stuck on.

Any more posts that don't provide feedback will be deleted

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back