New File Added: BBC iPlayer v3

What version of the BBCIplayer plugin are you using

If you link to it ill check it out for you.

Openpli seems to be the best for these types of plugins but even then BBCiplayer does need some dependencies to run.

If you have just ftp'd a folder over then that wont be enough in all cases.

More info and the crash log may enable us to pin point your problem.

Hi Im using the version that digi posted in post 1 of this thread and updating it via the post by silsila post 71 on some occasions etlivestream would not install on some images but the ones it did the player still would not work.

Hi Im using the version that digi posted in post 1 of this thread and updating it via the post by silsila post 71 on some occasions etlivestream would not install on some images but the ones it did the player still would not work.

Whats the image would you most like top run it on ? I would recommend the gjstroom nightly openpli build though.

At work at the moment but ill take a look later.

working fine here

800se sim2 openpli image

been solid

personally i stick with openpli these days

less hassle

On the version that does not crash, i.e just freezes, do the following:

Delete the .pyo file. If not, you will have to edit both .py and .pyo files.

Using Notepad++ or any other linux compatible editor.
Right click on the .py file and click on edit edit.
Hold down "ctrl" and "f" on your keyboard, the find dialogue box will open. Click on the "replace" tab.
In the "find what" field, enter without quotes "10player"
In the "replace with" field , enter without quotes "releases/iplayer/revisions/617463_618125_4/617463_618125_4_emp"
Click on replace all. You may get twenty or three instances depending on the version of plugin you have.

Save & exit. Allow ftp program to transfer file back to receiver.
Reboot and see how it goes.

(**If you deleted the pyo file, the .py file will create a pyo file with the corrected url. If I am mistaken and tis is not the case, edit both .py and .pyo files.)

URL fix provided by Digidude

Attachments

• iplayer fix.png
    iplayer fix.png
    20.8 KB · Views: 22

Mate ive uploaded a old backup of mine from when digidude and roger this first released this it here

OpenPLI.2.1.800SE.Sim2.SSL84b.BackUP By Ferret - Downloads - DigitalWorldz - Satellite, Cable, Console Forums

This is for your sim2.1 800se.

Now the purpose of uploading this old backup is because all the dependencies needed are included.

To bring this backup upto date you would need to apply the BBCiplayer fix by digidude but the plugin runs no green screens, you also need to update the 1 channel plugin and add a new satellite list

I hop this helps.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi guys thanks a lot not got much time today and working tonight but should get round to trying this out tomorrow and will report back.

cheers johny48

Hold down "ctrl" and "f" on your keyboard, the find dialogue box will open. Click on the "replace" tab.
In the "replace with" field , enter without quotes "releases/iplayer/revisions/617463_618125_4/617463_618125_4_emp"
Click on replace all. You may get twenty or three instances depending on the version of plugin you have.

(**If you deleted the pyo file, the .py file will create a pyo file with the corrected url. If I am mistaken and tis is not the case, edit both .py and .pyo files.)

I had a few mins spare so edited py file and yee haa! also removed the .pyo file
Thanks a million this worked and Im still using DW v1 backup image too

cheers johny48

I had a few mins spare so edited py file and yee haa! also removed the .pyo file
Thanks a million this worked and Im still using DW v1 backup image too

cheers johny48

Worked for me too, thanks.

I found that if the network connection to your reciever is down..loose cable etc.. If you try to use iplayer it will green screen and crash the reciever, noticed this on my 800SE with OpenPLI.

I found that if the network connection to your reciever is down..loose cable etc.. If you try to use iplayer it will green screen and crash the reciever, noticed this on my 800SE with OpenPLI.

Have noticed this myself,its very annoying .
Off topic but Open Pli on the Dm800 is dog slow ,there must be a better image out there.

suggest a reflash mate

openpli should run sweet on the 800

Have noticed this myself,its very annoying .
Off topic but Open Pli on the Dm800 is dog slow ,there must be a better image out there.

DreamElite seems to be the image of choice for the dm800 aapparently

Cannot confirm as I have the SE version,but plenty have mentioned it over the past few years :)

Sent from my X10 using Tapatalk 2

DreamElite was a good image on the 800HD but it's badly outdated now...The modded teamPRZ Phoenix Edition was updated and stable. But the download servers etc werent maintained.
OpenPLI gjstroom version is the only up to date image for the 800HD now. Probably not a lot that can be done..the 800HD is an old school reciever these days it's noticably slower than a 800SE.
Just keep the image as skinny as you can...i.e: less plugins, EPG on USB etc..

DreamElite seems to be the image of choice for the dm800 aapparently

Cannot confirm as I have the SE version,but plenty have mentioned it over the past few years :)

Sent from my X10 using Tapatalk 2

I use Dream Elite Phoenix on my main Dm800 ,its a great image but as Gsmtech says it is outdated .
It doesnt run alot of the streaming plugins like OnDemand,RTE Player,TSmedia etc .
Versions of Cool EPG higher than 3 wont run.
For everything else its great though ,fast and rock solid .
I also think the picture quality on it is the best of any 800 image I have tried (and I've tried alot) ,it isnt dull and washed out like the others.
It looks stunning on my 50" Plasma .

Are you using gjstrooms version of it ?

Yes m8,tried a few of them ,a recent one too .
It runs most plugins but it is sluggish and tends to lock up a bit.
The picture often freezes and the sound continues ,the picture isnt great either .

Perhaps I have too many plugins on it ,I have 7mb free but I think I have the same on the Dream Elite box and thats fine.
(I'm using a usb flash drive for epg,picons and recording)

My Alien 2 which gets alot of stick is miles faster than the 800 .

Worked for me on iPlayer v3 & the OnDemand plugin.

Cheers mate.

Using DM800 withOpenPLi 3.0 OE2.0 - Works much better than OE1.6 in regard to plugins etc IMHO.

Sorry if I have missed it in this thread but can anyone say whether this works with DM800HD on latest current openpli 2.1?

For me the plugin seems to work but the video player just sits there and nothing happens.

TIA

Rob

Post 2 says that it works on pli 2.1.

Have you applied the fix either by replacing the file or editing it?

Back