New File Added: BBC iPlayer v3

Hi Abu

The version I tried seemed have the fix in it already - but I can see there are a few versions about and the one I had looked newer. But I will try this one and see.

I will let you know how I make out.

Rob

hi I have added it to my plugins but it just freezes at the selection of the program and my box restarts says err 137 on box as it restarts, 3 player works and the itv preview player works

its an icecrypt s3700 running enigma2 (hybrid based on open pli) based in UK
ive read on other forums about installing the plugin livestream or summit and it will help it work

Does the HD actually work with this one?
I've tried a few versions and it only shows in SD

I've just got iPlayer v0.3 (in OpenPLI 2.1, on a 800HD) working today. It's fantastic to be able to get iPlayer (in Switzerland) on the telly, and I'm grateful for the developers who made this plugin.

My question is the same as Eddie2k's. When I watch iPlayer on the windows computer I can switch the quality to "HD" and it looks fairly good. But on the 800HD it looks like the stream is always in "SD" quality. That is, it looks to me like it's in SD resolution with noticeable compression artifacts.

Is there any way to select a higher-quality stream? I know my broadband can take it, as it's working on the PC. I also see in ITVPlayer it's possible to select the quality level (although, even there I'd like it to go higher).

Thanks!

Will it be anytime possible to add?

radio streams and radio podcasts
live tv streams

That would be amazing.

Another question, if i install the iplayer on a fresh flashed image, which packages i have to install too, that iplayer plays the videos, cause at the moment nothing happens if i start anyone, back screen and time is not running, so it dont start to play, it seems.

some times you need to install et-livestream plugin to get iplayers to work what image and what box are you using
my set up is dm800se openpli4 img plugins = Ondemand plugin this includes both bbc/itv players I use TSMedia plugin for streaming radio and movies ect

Thanks mate! It runs meanwhile (Dreambox 8000, Newnigma Unstable from 15.3.14) after i had installed a few packages. Still have a few probs to install ONDEMAND, maybe your idea with this et-livestream thing will help on that case.

Downloads: A new file has been added by digidude:

BBC iPlayer v3

categories added by saintomer1866

ive also added the 'most popular'

extract and FTP to

/usr/lib/enigma2/python/Plugins/Extensions

and restart enigma
This dont seem to be working for me anymore, all there is is the "Help & About and the "Exit" (see picce)
I dont get no list of programs to watch in any catagory i choose,
tried v0.3 and v0.4 version
anyone else having the same trouble

Attachments

• Iplayer.jpg
    Iplayer.jpg
    10.2 KB · Views: 2
Last edited by a moderator:
This dont seem to be working for me anymore, all there is is the "Help & About and the "Exit" (see picce)
I dont get no list of programs to watch in any catagory i choose,
tried v0.3 and v0.4 version
anyone else having the same trouble

Not worked for sometime mate couple of weeks or so.

Not worked for sometime mate couple of weeks or so.
Cheers
I have manged to get it working again in XBMC on my mx2 andriod box by using "iPlayer-v2.6.5"
but it was handy having it on my vu duo aswell :(

Last edited:
conflicting reports about it

some say wont be back any time soon if at all some say it will

oe allience team need to re-write some code etc

guess we just have to wait & see who is correct lol

Yeah, I've had no programs on iPlayer on my DM800 since about a month or so. It was working great up to that point too, so I do miss it. I'm up for a bit of hacking and such like, so if there are any (easy) instructions for what to try, then I'm all ears.

some say wont be back any time soon if at all some say it will

oe allience team need to re-write some code etc

the last time i read that, i fixed it in 15 minutes, while ironing a shirt getting ready to go out on the lash lol

yes code does need rewriting, and what it needs rewriting to is discoverable, and can be implemented

Back