New Banner logo

Im not trying to bite an arguement with you pal.. im plainly trying to see if it is at all posible to keep something that has always been there.. :)

Anyway, how about losing the red circle, replace it with the lights from the xbox360?? obv it will still be red but it will be easier.. as the colours can be changed..

3271902908f819a7852dm.jpg

Obv its a compromise but at least we still keep the "underground" if it don't work then fair enough :) its only dw heritage.

Yeah I know, it's fair do's mate. Changing the colour from red would totally deviate from the London Underground sign, which is the point of that logo really. Out with the old and in with the new: change is good: nothing lasts forever etc, plus all other reasons mentioned previously lol... You'll get used to it mate and I'm sure it will be back one day :)

FWIW the underground logo is around 5 years old (I'd have to check to see if I still have the original file for the exact date).

The source image was a large, low quality jpeg. Shrinking the image only emphasised artifacts from the jpeg compression - specifically the "colour banding" in the red and white areas (see my avatar). For the first DW logo it was used on cropping, blurring and reducing the contrast helped to some degree.

But as madeinbeats said, it doesn't go with any of the current skins (it was made at the time the of the all blue, original skin).

Is the underground logo really relevent to the DW of 2011?

I took the "D" and used an online .jpeg to .ico convertor. I'm sure madeinbeats and snapman can do better... (see attached)

Nice one mate :Clap:

Thats the sort of thing I mean. What if you filled with the blue?

little_pob's done a good job there. If you don't mind little_pob/madeinbeats, I've took the 'D' and made it with a transparent background. One's an .ico file, one a .png:

Last edited:
Thats the sort of thing I mean. What if you filled with the blue?
Might look ok on browsers with blue tabs (e.g. IE8), but I don't think it would fit with the grey/white tabs on firefox, opera or chrome?

I used white as I only had access to paint at the time...
Nice one mate :Clap:

little_pob's done a good job there. If you don't mind little_pob/madeinbeats, I've took the 'D' and made it with a transparent background. One's an .ico file, one a .png:
Don't mind at all...

Note to admin: .png favicons are not compatible with IE6 - so check the browser visitor stats if possible ;)

Back