neutrino dreamplus ultra 0.8b

Is it possible to put a description onto timer events. I have installed this image, and it looks like there is a lot to tweak / play with. I would like to carry on.

The missus uses the timer a lot to switch channels. On the enigma versions I have used before they allow a text description, but can't seem to be able to add one. Just the description of the TV channel is not enough for her. (She wants more - as always)

i understand how to use the telnet but i am getting this message everytime i try to connect, i've been trying to get it to connect for hours now and this message apears everytime, its not the dreambox cos i can get connected through ftp
thanks

The ip address doesn't look like a typical address. They are normally something like 192.168.1.100. Is that the ip address of your box?

Also try typing ping <ipaddress> and see if you get a return.

@bloodstone you need to input the ip addy of your box at the moment,when its flashed the ip will change to the 1 listed in the flash instructions.

frustrated

: shocked2 hi, i have tried to follow the several tuts on putting this image on my box, i have followed what i can and i have put the base image dm1.8 as in the tut, i have then opened telnet and it says deleting but then it goes no further, i have waited aprox 20 minutes for the box to reboot, it says in the tut that this is all i have to do, where do i need to have the image on my pc, does it have to be in a specific folder so that telnet can find it?, also im unsure about another part where it says i have to ftp something to the box, im unsure what it is i have to ftp and when i have to do it, if you can shed any light on this please do, i have followed the tuts but can't seem to grasp what to do..Then ftp dreamplus.img to /tmp
telnet to the box and type
: shocked2

As per instructions previously in the thread.

1. you will need to flash the dmm 1.08 or 1.09 image with dreamup first (via serial)
2. ftp the file dreamplus.img from your pc to the /tmp folder on your dreambox

3. Start-run-type cmd. on your pc

4. Then type telnet 192.bla.bla.bla(ip addy)
Press enter

you will be asked for your username and password.

user: Root
password: dreambox

5. type in the following command at the telnet prompt.

cd /tmp && /bin/eraseall /dev/mtd/3 && cp dreamplus.img /dev/mtd/3 && reboot

Its finished when your db re-boots,3-5 mins tops.

Hi,
thanks for new image I have just flashed new image over my old nuterino image it took 1.5 minute to flushed image
software update
expert function
write whole image
w/o bootloader
great work.

now i am scaning looks quicker then previous neturino.

cheers: multi :

: colors1 thanks guys and thanks to osbourne to for the help given i managed to get it done i was not putting the image in the tmp folder first stupid me any way thanks to all that helped me on this : multi :

I have just finished playing with new image and I must say its real good image
welldone cryo.. Finally we have got bit quicker scaning in dreambox.
cheers.

Just to let you know that you can use dreamup to flash this image but:

If you have a maxvar image on (Gemini 3.30) or are unsure then select the flash erase first.

When you select flash, say NO to flash erase during flash.

Reason:
This image contains cramfs+root+var
Normaly they are cramfs+root only and var is created at first boot (thats why it takes ages on first boot)

(flash erase during flash, erases VAR when it's finished flashing ready to be recreated at boot, but this image won't create it - not enough space in root to hold var too)

hi can any one explain why my channels keep dissapearing i have had to scan 3 times over the past few days and sort out my bouquets which take a few hours a time, just for me to go out for the day today come home and switched my box on and it is telling i have no channels and i have to do a scan, has anyone else had this problem, does anyone know why this is happening???

thanks

I don't know why it's happening, I also had a simialr issue. Luckily I had done a backup of my config directory the day before. (i always like to do one if I have made changes).
It also only happened to me after a reboot. It's as if the image almost goes back to defaults.

yep just rebooted the box and channels all disappeared again weird some one must have the answer to this problem its a shame very nice looking image super picture just that problem spoils this for me :FRIGHT:

hey, is it possible to setup a nas drive on this image? if so can it be mounted through the db or do you have to do it throu the web interface like on enigma?

(moved to the proper thread (ellie1998))

Last edited by a moderator:
hi can any one explain why my channels keep dissapearing i have had to scan 3 times over the past few days and sort out my bouquets which take a few hours a time, just for me to go out for the day today come home and switched my box on and it is telling i have no channels and i have to do a scan, has anyone else had this problem, does anyone know why this is happening???

thanks

I can honestly say I don't know whats going on for you guys.
It's in use constantly at home and have never had channels disapear apart from the rudbox neutrino bug when deleting channels when arranging bouquets and you don't always know till you reboot or reload channels that the whole lots gone.

Can you tell me which tuner drivers you are using (as this uses the new zapit)
Are you using a new tuner box?
Are you using EPG by rudbox or Cydine?
Which EMU are you using?
Etc
Which other settings have you changed ?

Ta.

It's in use constantly at home and have never had channels disapear apart from the rudbox neutrino bug when deleting channels when arranging bouquets and you don't always know till you reboot or reload channels that the whole lots gone.

Which EMU are you using?
Etc

Ta.

Cryo this happened to me when i changed the tuner driver when box rebooted all channels gone! ive got an old tuner box! but any time i reboot box the channels are gone deep standby mode (Reboot) very strange luckily my services & bouquets are backed up so just a case of ftping them back over ive disabled the deep standby now tho cause the misses kept rebooting it!!!!!!! ;)

Which EMU are you using?
Etc

Ta.

Hey cryogenic

Would it be possible for someone of your calibur to add a new menu option to backup just the services.xml and ubouquets.xml. Luckily I have not experienced the issue on this image however i have had it in the past on other Neutrino images. I just restore the neccessary files using my computer but a better solution would be to restore just the config files from the DB itself. I think UK04 had this option back in ye old days.

Thanks

BK

Which EMU are you using?
Etc

Ta.

This isn't a problem new to this image cryo.

I used to occasionally have symptoms like this using the neutrino_v201_2008.08.20 image in the downloads.

Whenever I seem to see it, it seems to be related to modifying the bouquets through the remote control.

The quality of the image is well worth this occasional problem IMHO

Back