password is dreambox

type: mount
you should see your mount listed
if so type: cd /var/mnt/mp3s
then type: ls
and you should see your mp3's

Hi M8

This is all I get from telnet:-

welcome on your dreambox! - Kernel 2.6.9 (20:44:05).
dreambox login: root
Password:

BusyBox v1.00 (2005.09.06-17:18+0000) Built-in shell (ash)
Enter 'help' for a list of built-in commands.

dreambox ~ > mount
/dev/root on / type squashfs (ro)
none on /dev type devfs (rw)
none on /tmp type ramfs (rw)
proc on /proc type proc (rw,nodiratime)
devpts on /dev/pts type devpts (rw)
/dev/mtdblock/1 on /var type jffs2 (rw,noatime)
//192.168.0.2/mp3s on /var/mnt/mp3s type cifs (rw,nodiratime,unc=\192.168.0.2\mp
3s,username=phil,domain=,rsize=4100,wsize=4100)
dreambox ~ > cd /var/mnt/mp3s

dreambox /var/mnt/mp3s > ls
dreambox /var/mnt/mp3s > ls
dreambox /var/mnt/mp3s >

Where am I going wrong?

I am using UK05 do you do the same with that just put into temp dir then update without bootloader?

Cheers

You can try that but I kinda remember something about UK05 that you had to reflash using dreamup. I think the box hangs if you try to flash it like that!

That was one of the major bugs with that image!

You can try that but I kinda remember something about UK05 that you had to reflash using dreamup. I think the box hangs if you try to flash it like that!

That was one of the major bugs with that image!

I think the 'cd /tmp && /bin/eraseall /dev/mtd/3 && cp dreamplus.img /dev/mtd/3 && reboot' works with uk05. My memory's not hot either (lol!) but I seem to remember this was one way to remove uk05

Yeh I think your right m8 but I think the update image menus, i.e. flash without bootloader, don't work!

Had the image on since last night, I must admit I love Neutrino, thanks for all the hard work Cryo.
Some plus notes:-
I can confirm that NFS works, I have managed to mount the hard drive on my satellite dreambox 7000.
A quick recording seemed to work ok.
A scan on NTL 6887 seemed to be almost flawless for me.
Great to have the "Not in bouquets" bouquet, it allows easy checking of new channels.
I have found a few problems:-
As mentioned earlier in the thread, you can lose services on a reboot - and currently the default is to have timers rebooting overnight, so it is easy to lose services.
Movieplayer seemed to have problems navigating, I am not sure that the navigation was refreshing properly.
I seem to have problems with aspect ratios, I have especially noticed it on BBC1 and BBC2, they seem to have a lot of tall skinny people. My TV is an old Phillips 4:3 ratio and I normally use pan and scan, although 4:3 letterbox gives similar results.
Pan and scan seems to often cause the TV to do a vertical squeeze, this was a strange idea by Phillips which is a bit like letterbox, but it gives you short fat people in the middle. I am not sure, but I think the scart lead drives this.

It may be me, but I don't think the picture quality seems as good as Enigma.

Anyway great to have a Neutrino image, I have been missing it since the dbox died.

I am using UK05 do you do the same with that just put into temp dir then update without bootloader?

Cheers

I've just done this m8, was running UK05, ftp to the box dropped .img file into /tmp then used the web interface to flash without bootloader. Looks like its not doing anything but give it five mins and then neutrino kicks in woo hoo good to be home again!!
Love the menu's the whole layout awesome m8 you are a diamond for creating this little puppy. top man..

Has anyone managed to stream tv from DB to PC with this image?
Are you using VLC?

Also does this image come with yweb funtions? tried but came up with page cant be displayed.
cheers

anyone have dbox2 services.xml and bouquets.xml for Huddersfield area so I can fix the dbox2 conversion option. I just looked at my old sportster ones and some in the dbox2 section (non huddersfiled) and they are a different format, closer to dreambox than my old sportster ones.

ta

If you attach your services and bouquets files m8 I'll manually convert it to dbox format if you want?

Might take me a while though! ;)

still unable to mount for mp3 and movies followed the tut but no luck
also does this image have a web browser i keep getting page cannot be displayed

If you attach your services and bouquets files m8 I'll manually convert it to dbox format if you want?

Might take me a while though! ;)

lol, wrong way round mate, I just want some so I can fix the menu option

Hmmm...I'm confused!

I'm guessing you stay in Huddersfield and have services and bouquets files for your dreambox. But you want dbox2 services and bouquets to test the dbox2 - dreambox conversion program on the image.

You can manually change your dreambox services and bouquets using an editer or wordpad to work on a dbox2.

I only offered to manually do it for you, so that you would have dbox2 services and bouquets to play with.

For example...

Change <TS id="" to <transponder id=""
Change frq="395000" to frequency="395000000"
Change i="0445" to service_id="0445"

...etc, etc.

Hmmm...I'm confused!

I'm guessing you stay in Huddersfield and have services and bouquets files for your dreambox. But you want dbox2 services and bouquets to test the dbox2 - dreambox conversion program on the image.

You can manually change your dreambox services and bouquets using an editer or wordpad to work on a dbox2.

I only offered to manually do it for you, so that you would have dbox2 services and bouquets to play with.

For example...

Change <TS id="" to <transponder id=""
Change frq="395000" to frequency="395000000"
Change i="0445" to service_id="0445"

...etc, etc.

lol, sorry for confusing you m8, confused myself as i've seen two different dbox2 formats. got some to look at now and thanks for the offer.

Last edited:
there is a script in uk04 never tried it though.

it's just the rudbox one, same as this, but it doesn't seem to work anymore. had to change quit a bit so far, the zapit -o bit either blanks services or bouquets at the moment

Had the image on since last night, I must admit I love Neutrino, thanks for all the hard work Cryo.
Some plus notes:-
I can confirm that NFS works, I have managed to mount the hard drive on my satellite dreambox 7000.
A quick recording seemed to work ok.
A scan on NTL 6887 seemed to be almost flawless for me.
Great to have the "Not in bouquets" bouquet, it allows easy checking of new channels.
I have found a few problems:-
As mentioned earlier in the thread, you can lose services on a reboot - and currently the default is to have timers rebooting overnight, so it is easy to lose services.
Movieplayer seemed to have problems navigating, I am not sure that the navigation was refreshing properly.
I seem to have problems with aspect ratios, I have especially noticed it on BBC1 and BBC2, they seem to have a lot of tall skinny people. My TV is an old Phillips 4:3 ratio and I normally use pan and scan, although 4:3 letterbox gives similar results.
Pan and scan seems to often cause the TV to do a vertical squeeze, this was a strange idea by Phillips which is a bit like letterbox, but it gives you short fat people in the middle. I am not sure, but I think the scart lead drives this.

It may be me, but I don't think the picture quality seems as good as Enigma.

Anyway great to have a Neutrino image, I have been missing it since the dbox died.

Can''t replicate loosing services. not had this happen, but I'm not using new tuner/zapit for too long at a time because of the aspect ratio bug (i did put it in the readme about the aspect ratio bug with the new drivers)

Anyone else loosing services ???

still unable to mount for mp3 and movies followed the tut but no luck
also does this image have a web browser i keep getting page cannot be displayed

have you disabled Simple File Sharing in xp ?

Can people please note: I put in the readme that the webserver (nhttpd) is disabled as default. Enable it in the extras menu (Daemon Control)

losing services:

pop the image on, do a scan create new bouquets.

Using remote:

Delete all the bouquts and rename the not in services one.

create one or two bouquets and move a channel or two into the,.
power down and power back up.

more often than not no channels will appear.

Its not just this image as said earlier, it happens a lot on neutrino.

I also found using the web interface causes it too (cant remember which one though !)

fab image though, a real lifesaver.

Cryo just been messing around with the emu's but cant get evo or newcamd to clear any encrypted channels m8 :(

losing services:

pop the image on, do a scan create new bouquets.

Using remote:

Delete all the bouquts and rename the not in services one.

create one or two bouquets and move a channel or two into the,.
power down and power back up.

more often than not no channels will appear.

Its not just this image as said earlier, it happens a lot on neutrino.

I also found using the web interface causes it too (cant remember which one though !)

fab image though, a real lifesaver.

Strange,I've never experianced this problem on dbox or db.

Back