neutrino dreamplus ultra 0.8b

Nope, no clone box. I have had it for about a year. All was working pretty ,much ok, until the key issues started ove rthe last few days. I have ROMS 7, 10 and 11 enabled. and all is working ok at the moment. I am just waiting for the next freeze. As long as it doesn't happen during tonight Top Gear, the wife wont hurt me... LOL

Sorry to bring this thread back to the top. But has anyone managed to get it to record to the PC?

I maged to mount the drive then was getting source was read only. Now I get the led flashing green/red as if it is recording but nothing happens.

Any advise?

OK, woke this morning to see my dream had hung. It was showing BBC Telextext on the screen., very weird. I rebooted the box and got the message that no services / or channels available. I noted that the ubouquets file was till intact but the bouquets and services files had been reset. I restored my files, rebooted and now all is well. I have noted the box freezing a few times in the last few days, but when I flip channels, it comes back. This may all be due to the NTL issues, but I am not sure.

If your Ubouquets & Services are intact + same size as before.
Try deleting the zapit file, (not folder).

It will recreate another one.
It saves rescanning.

If you are going to delete the zapit file, unplug the box afterwards, don't shut it down or reboot via a menu.

I've had one or two picture freezes using the image and the mgcamd cam - I've downgraded the cam to 1.16 from 1.18 and the picture problem seems to have stabilised (this is on an old tuner).
If anyone is having problems then this is what I would recommend

Sorry to bring this thread back to the top. But has anyone managed to get it to record to the PC?

I maged to mount the drive then was getting source was read only. Now I get the led flashing green/red as if it is recording but nothing happens.

Any advise?

Direct recording works fine for me.

I record to a NAS using a Cifs connection. And this works ok. I did note that I could not see the file being recorded until after I have pressed stop record. All works fine.

An update. I noted last night while watching the Sky Sports 1 West Ham / Liverpool game that the picture froze 3 times for about 10 seconds, and then carried on ok.

I didn't miss the golas though. LOL

hope to have 0.9b out soon, with some new features and hopefully correcting some probs, although i'l be guessing at some as I can't replicate them.

Great news. Look forward to working with the new image. I really want to stick with this image and not move back to the enigma ones.

I'm keeping the wife happy at the moment by blaming everything on NThell, but she did suggest moving back to an old image that might be more stable. LOL

I'm keeping the wife happy at the moment by blaming everything on NThell, but she did suggest moving back to an old image that might be more stable. LOL

Lol! I've been blaming ntl as well!! Glad to see someone else has

Hi All
Tried this image and just about every other one there is for the DB and seem to have the same probs as everyone else. I have the new tuner model and now running neutrino dreamplus ultra 0.8b

I tried all emu
tried all different ways of cabling booster etc and still had same old prob.
when i scanned i had got over 350 (data/radio/tv) channels some worked like movies 1-4 but 5-9 would freeze every 20 seconds.
I know i can get them cuz i had DBOX2 first.

So what i did in the end was copy my services and bouquets from the dbox2 and copied the to the DB and guess what every channel working a treat.
So i dont know if there is a prob with the scanning side on new tuners etc finding different freq i dont know but thought it was worth posting my findings.
Hope its of some use!
bye for now..

hope to have 0.9b out soon, with some new features and hopefully correcting some probs, although i'l be guessing at some as I can't replicate them.

Very happy with this image , but still haven't got 'BitControl' to work.
Can this be sorted out as well ?

Cyro, any chance of sorting out a faster scan on the next image? Last last few Enigma images I tried had this, (3-5 mins for scan) and found it most useful.

Very happy with this image , but still haven't got 'BitControl' to work.
Can this be sorted out as well ?

Anyone want to look at this? I don't get much time and its somehting I don't use.

Last edited:
Cyro, any chance of sorting out a faster scan on the next image? Last last few Enigma images I tried had this, (3-5 mins for scan) and found it most useful.

Only rudbox could help there. (source code)

If anyone can supply info on how it's done I can ask rudbox.

Talking of scanning cryo is there any chance of implementing netid scanning on the db m8? : colors1

Hi All
Tried this image and just about every other one there is for the DB and seem to have the same probs as everyone else. I have the new tuner model and now running neutrino dreamplus ultra 0.8b

I tried all emu
tried all different ways of cabling booster etc and still had same old prob.
when i scanned i had got over 350 (data/radio/tv) channels some worked like movies 1-4 but 5-9 would freeze every 20 seconds.
I know i can get them cuz i had DBOX2 first.

So what i did in the end was copy my services and bouquets from the dbox2 and copied the to the DB and guess what every channel working a treat.
So i dont know if there is a prob with the scanning side on new tuners etc finding different freq i dont know but thought it was worth posting my findings.
Hope its of some use!
bye for now..

Did you use Dbox to dreambox conversion tool to convert them, or did you just copied them over as they were?

But having said that I tried RuDbox version of this image in Dbox and, it gave the same results as the dreambox version. Fewer channels.

Last edited:
Back