neutrino dreamplus ultra 0.8b

Just a tip, old tuner users will probably be best using the old driver due to those little bugs and then maybe switch to the new driver to do a channel scan (as it's faster)

Extras Menu/Miscellaneous

if you don't like seeing the error in parental lock, edit /var/tuxbox/neutrino.conf
and change parentallock_lockage= to parentallock_lockage=12

(you can enter 12, 16 or 18, no use to us whatsoever but it won't show the big error then)

telnet to dreambox and type killall -9 neutrino, otherwise it will write the old file back if you shutdown normaly.

No big deal, but in this or any neutrino image is it possible to create boquets in radio mode and move the radio channels around. I'm not able to do this, all my radio stations are in 'not in any boquet' boquet, if that makes sense, lol.

thanks cryogenic for all your hard work will try the image tomorrow will let youknow how i get on thanks again
: big crow

hi cryo,

newb here has managed to install your new image and i have to say that what i have seen so far is superb... thnx

just one query for now tho. ive noticed that the default share location for the mp3 player is hdd/music.

is there any way i can change this to mnt/nfs/mp3s, or whatever?

i ask this coz it wud men otherwise that i have to copy my full mp3 collection to the music folder thats located in the db folder.

cheerz

You can change it to whatever you want mate. Just add a new mount and change to whatever and change the mp3 path in settings

as a newbie here whos,s trying his best to cope on the long learning curve could someone explain in a simple way how to perform the first part of the installation(install dmm1.08/1.09 ) what tools to use etc
hope someone can help
cheers

Ok thanks m8, I did try the CIFS option but still failed but I'll try more extensively tomorrow!

Can you have multiple CIFS mounts in neutrino? Or can you only mount to /hdd once?

unfortuantly ul need the old lan drive plugin dizzy made inorder to get nuetrino to mount to a smba nas :( but i was trying all day yesterday to get this to work and couldnt so me thinks this plug in needs looking at due to all the changes since dizzy made it lol

there is also the nas command line mount wich involves adding a file to var/bin and editing your start_neutrino file to mount your nas upon boot up BUT again i couldnt get it going lol

im working on something now which should make it mount fine.

cheers

osborne82

as a newbie here whos,s trying his best to cope on the long learning curve could someone explain in a simple way how to perform the first part of the installation(install dmm1.08/1.09 ) what tools to use etc
hope someone can help
cheers

best bet if your not sure is load one of the nutrino inmages in the download section then upgrade from there, following cryogenic's readme

Not that much of a newbie myself and have a fair understanding. But one quick question.

I have a brand new dream box with one of the new tuners.

When installing this image can i just use FWP when i have the default dream-media image installed on the box?

Not that much of a newbie myself and have a fair understanding. But one quick question.

I have a brand new dream box with one of the new tuners.

When installing this image can i just use FWP when i have the default dream-media image installed on the box?

the image itself is too big for flashwizzard pro ul will need to ftp over to the /tmp dir and follow the read me file :)

cheers

osborne82

Has any one got the problem with ABC1 as all channels comes no probles but I only get EPG for this channel and no picture or sound as it says "channel error" I get it perfect with Dbox2, anyways great Image well done cryo!

I've never been able to get ABC and FX on any dreambox new and old tuner. All images.

I'm on nthell.

Just tried it, its lovely. Cant move channels from not in bouquets but I will figure out a workaround.

Anyone know where the neutrino bouquet editor is ? Its listed in downloads but the file is corrupt.

Cheers a million Cryo !

unfortuantly ul need the old lan drive plugin dizzy made inorder to get nuetrino to mount to a smba nas :( but i was trying all day yesterday to get this to work and couldnt so me thinks this plug in needs looking at due to all the changes since dizzy made it lol

there is also the nas command line mount wich involves adding a file to var/bin and editing your start_neutrino file to mount your nas upon boot up BUT again i couldnt get it going lol

im working on something now which should make it mount fine.

cheers

osborne82

what nas box you using, i'm connected to a samba share now ??

figured out the bouquest, there are 2 ways via the remote of adding in channels, one works and one doesnt. service - bouquet editor - ok the bouquet there then add here. If you do it the other way (ok then add to bouquet - it doesnt work)

I heart neutrino..

Ive just changed from new tuner to old tuner & when box reboots all channels are gone ive tried reloading channel lists but had to ftp my services & bouquets over again!

Ive just changed from new tuner to old tuner & when box reboots all channels are gone ive tried reloading channel lists but had to ftp my services & bouquets over again!

I've swapped between the 2 drivers about 30 times ??? Are you on a new tuner ???

I am going to load this image up Thursday Eve.

Before I do it, Has anyone got any comments on freezing, recording, lipsync, effectiveness of scan compare with other images?

Tried the rudbox image in multiboot last saturday, it wouldn't load, I suppose this was caused by the image size.
Am I likely to be able to use gemini 3.3 maxvar and gemini 2.5 on multiboot with the new cryogenic image in flash?

Great image!!!

I have found one bug that i think as been in all neutrino images that can do your headin

When you edit the bouquets using the remote etc

If your delete a channel like Fashion TV and exit and save the bouquet. Next time you reboot the box all channels have been deleted.

Or if you rename not in bouquets same deal. ARRRRRRRAaaaghghgghghghgghh.

Also dont reload it using the reboot option, pull the power otheriwse all changes get lost. Go figure.

Last edited:
Back