neutrino dreamplus ultra 0.8b

Thanks cryo :)

Ive had a couple of PMs from the newer dreambox members and they have asked pretty much the same questions. is there is an easier way to flash and why cant it be flashed with flashwizard pro like most other images,I cant answer there question so thought Id post here for those members :)

novice user

hi m8,

this image sounds great, but is it easy enough for a novice dreambox user to setup.

can i use flashwizard pro to install the image or must i do it as the instructions say?

also how do i use the manual keys and when do i need them. like i say im a novice.

you say that the image uses the ip 192.168.254.200. is this ip compulsary or can i still use my own set of ips that n=my network is set up with?

thanx for your patience guys. all your input is appreciated.
cheerz

excellent image cheers.
just finnished organising my channel lineup.
seems very stable a big improvement on older neutrino images.(btw i have the older tuner)
very fast to startup too only a couple of seconds
when i transfered my old services and bouquets the services was fine and bouquets were there but all thethe channels were in the bouquet "channels not in bouquets"?
rearanged channels and a ok.
cant thank you enough!!!!

Has any one got the problem with ABC1 as all channels comes no probles but I only get EPG for this channel and no picture or sound as it says "channel error" I get it perfect with Dbox2, anyways great Image well done cryo!

hi m8,

this image sounds great, but is it easy enough for a novice dreambox user to setup.

can i use flashwizard pro to install the image or must i do it as the instructions say?

also how do i use the manual keys and when do i need them. like i say im a novice.

you say that the image uses the ip 192.168.254.200. is this ip compulsary or can i still use my own set of ips that n=my network is set up with?

thanx for your patience guys. all your input is appreciated.
cheerz

this is the kinda PM Ive been getting :)

Thanks cryo :)

Ive had a couple of PMs from the newer dreambox members and they have asked pretty much the same questions. is there is an easier way to flash and why cant it be flashed with flashwizard pro like most other images,I cant answer there question so thought Id post here for those members :)

The image is too big to be flashed using flash wizard pro. You can only flash the way cryo has said or using Dreamup.

Thanks cryo for this image.

Have scanned with it & found all channles apart from a few adult channels that the DB has never picked up, so justed FTPed my old service file over & everything running fine at the mo. By the way have got an old tuner.

Thanks again M8

ive been waiting patiently for new neutrino and knew cryogenic would cpme up trumphs aw god am i gonna have a good day 2 morrow cheers m8

The image is too big to be flashed using flash wizard pro. You can only flash the way cryo has said or using Dreamup.
or if you already have a neutrino image on your dreambox you can ftp this image to the tmp dir and then.
on yer remote

main menu
service menu
image/update/backup/restore
flash read/write or expert functions
write whole image (you should see the new image)
then ok.
this will erase your old image and reflash the new one.

Last edited:
or if you already have a neutrino image on your dreambox you can ftp this image to the tmp dir and then.
on yer remote

main menu
service menu
image/update/backup/restore
flash read/write
write whole image (you should see the new image)
then ok.
this will erase your old image and reflash the new one.

If you use this MAKE SURE you DONT select W/ BOOTLOADER as this will doorstop your box. ONLY choose W/O BOOTLOADER (Without Bootloader)

superb!!!

hi cryo,

newb here has managed to install your new image and i have to say that what i have seen so far is superb... thnx

just one query for now tho. ive noticed that the default share location for the mp3 player is hdd/music.

is there any way i can change this to mnt/nfs/mp3s, or whatever?

i ask this coz it wud men otherwise that i have to copy my full mp3 collection to the music folder thats located in the db folder.

cheerz

big nutrino fan and owner of a new tuner. Can't wait to get home and try this.

Very nice image Cryo. Thanks for your time and effort.

Flashed it tonight before I went to work, copied over services and ubouquets files and everything seems ok. I'm sure the better half will let me know if there's a problem ;).

Only thing I had problems with was establishing a samba mount to my NAS drive. I've enabled nhttp and samba in the extra menu and rebooted box but still don't see any options for a SMBFS mount. Checked the network menu and web interface, all I can see is NFS, CIFS and FTFS (something like that lol can't remember). Tried mounting using all these options but all fail.

Only spent a short period of time on it as I had to go to work but will try again tomorrow.

Also, I couldn't create any folders in /hdd, read-only-filesystem.

Superb image m8!

I love it and appreciate all your efforts.

Has anyone been able to convert an old dbox services/bouquets using the blue button>extras option? It doesnt work for me. :-(

I used the D2D program.

Create a folder on your desktop. Put your dbox2 services.xml and bouquets.xml files in there as well as the d2d.exe program file.

Run the file, answer the questions and there will be a 'dreambox files' folder created with the dreambox services and ubouquets files.

Copy to /var/tuxbox/config/zapit and reload channels. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Superb image m8!

I love it and appreciate all your efforts.

Has anyone been able to convert an old dbox services/bouquets using the blue button>extras option? It doesnt work for me. :-(

never tried it lol, it is a beta after all ;)

anyone want to take a look for me, not much free time at mo.

Last edited:
Very nice image Cryo. Thanks for your time and effort.

Flashed it tonight before I went to work, copied over services and ubouquets files and everything seems ok. I'm sure the better half will let me know if there's a problem ;).

Only thing I had problems with was establishing a samba mount to my NAS drive. I've enabled nhttp and samba in the extra menu and rebooted box but still don't see any options for a SMBFS mount. Checked the network menu and web interface, all I can see is NFS, CIFS and FTFS (something like that lol can't remember). Tried mounting using all these options but all fail.

Only spent a short period of time on it as I had to go to work but will try again tomorrow.

Also, I couldn't create any folders in /hdd, read-only-filesystem.

You don't need the samba daemon on (thats to browse to your dreambox from your pc, i.e shares your dreambox)

You need to use the cifs for a samba or windows share, see the last entry in mounts, thats just pointing at a share on my nas called db.

Ok thanks m8, I did try the CIFS option but still failed but I'll try more extensively tomorrow!

Can you have multiple CIFS mounts in neutrino? Or can you only mount to /hdd once?

Back