Neutrino Dream + (Ultra2)

Does anyone know the differences between the old and new driver? Which one is better for an original dreambox?

Also, I have noticed that newcamd cannot be configured to AU from the extras menu unlike the other cams.

Great image though Cryo - you are a genius.

For the original boxes the old tuner driver m8 the new tuner driver is mostly used for the clones ;) screw type tuner!

Love this image, been using Neutrino for a while now.

Just one problem, has anyone been experiencing stability problems?
Sometimes when I change channel the screen goes blank and I have to reboot the box.
I don't know if it's because of Evocamd or not as I've always used Gbox with Cryo's previous image and I've never had this problem before.

Love this image, been using Neutrino for a while now.

Just one problem, has anyone been experiencing stability problems?
Sometimes when I change channel the screen goes blank and I have to reboot the box.
I don't know if it's because of Evocamd or not as I've always used Gbox with Cryo's previous image and I've never had this problem before.

No problem's here mate, working fine.

No Keys

Guys, I am going nuts. I have been on Neutrino 04 for yonks. On recent Key change I could not find keys to change so in desperation put DW2 image on. Used that for a few weeks and finally decided to go back to this Neutrino (release 3)as I think its more to my liking. Done a scan and got shed loads of channels. Chose Sporty channel and left it on for 5mins. Went into var\keys.... keylist.txt is 0 bytes. Changed to mgcamd and put it on auto update. 5 more mins and still 0 bytes. What am I doing wrong? (Gatwick area).

EDIT> Put all on autoupdate and keys updated. Question now is, should I leave everything on autoupdate?

Last edited:
Guys, I am going nuts. I have been on Neutrino 04 for yonks. On recent Key change I could not find keys to change so in desperation put DW2 image on. Used that for a few weeks and finally decided to go back to this Neutrino (release 3)as I think its more to my liking. Done a scan and got shed loads of channels. Chose Sporty channel and left it on for 5mins. Went into var\keys.... keylist.txt is 0 bytes. Changed to mgcamd and put it on auto update. 5 more mins and still 0 bytes. What am I doing wrong? (Gatwick area).

EDIT> Put all on autoupdate and keys updated. Question now is, should I leave everything on autoupdate?
Try switching to Evocamd.

I would leave it on evocam reboot and leave for AT LEAST 30mins on an encrypted channel. Many people seem to call 1minute 5mins, looking at a blank screen will do that.

I have had 4 people with "broken boxes" since the fix, they were all just impatient, waited 2 mins, turned it off and called it broken. Your mgcamd might be a problem, the fix works with evocam, not sure about others.

had this image running for over a week now, and aint done a single restart or froze on me super stable :) cryogenic, i have tried dw 2.0 image but am a fan of neutrino the interface and usability and so much better around epg etc, just wanna know if channel icons can be done on this ?? and wondering if the fast nit and finding box office features being worked on ???

thanks cryogenic :Clap:

If you are watching TV and press left or right, it is volume, If you press info the channel name etc comes up, NOW if you press left or right at that point you get the other channels (virtual zap)

I no longer have a dreambox but I think with this image you can go to settings, key setup, and now you can change around buttons. Higher up on the remote under the numbers there are 2 other arrow keys, I think these can be changed to virtual zap, or volume. Then you do not have to press the info key before the arrows.

also in the key setup you can change the colour buttons menus. When you press red you get the various channel options. Teh only one I use is the second one, show all channels. So you can turn off all the other functions on that menu. Now this means you only press red once and the big menu comes up.

The gbox functionality is now working on my dbox2 with andromeda 2.0, big thanks to Xenafan & cryogenic

thanks for that Ruprect.....will look at flashing the box on tuesday night (sadly got loads of work to do before then :() just need to work out exactly what service files etc to back up from my basic dw2.0 image with full channels , so that I can a) import them and b)incase need to revert back to DW

What are these "fast nit and finding box office features" that lombard are referring to? I have 3x ppv channels on the dw2.0 image (of which I've only ever seen wrestlemania showing on one - having not had box for long). Does that mean this image is uncapable of showing certain channels?

cheers,
T

also, with this image, do we also have the facility to stream to the PC with VLC, and record to pc? (not that I've done it yet in first place) :)

@Midnight Tboy i have managed to get streaming and recording working fine, all though did find it a bit hard to get recording to work. one of the members on here helped me through it and its all working fine. sorry i cant remember who it was but thanks again.

regarding what to backup, read this https://www.digitalworldz.co.uk/index.php?threads/102266/ mainly at the "Services and Bouquets" part.

as far as im aware each image can receive the same channels. just convert your current services file and you will have the exact same channels you have now. no more no less.

Last edited by a moderator:
is there a certain why to flash this onto my box? ive just tried using dreamup and im getting a black screen. doesnt look like th image has loaded right? do i need to put original image on then this?

dreamup :

1. erase flash.

2. flash

2a - say NEIN to erase flash

Streaming

@midnight Tboy i have managed to get streaming and recording working fine, all though did find it a bit hard to get recording to work. one of the members on here helped me through it and its all working fine. sorry i cant remember who it was but thanks again.

regarding what to backup, read this https://www.digitalworldz.co.uk/index.php?threads/102266/ mainly at the "Services and Bouquets" part.

as far as im aware each image can receive the same channels. just convert your current services file and you will have the exact same channels you have now. no more no less.

I'm also trying to get streaming to work using this image but with no success, I only actually wish to watch TV on my PC, I'm not bothered at the moment about recording to the PC (maybe later)
Can you possibly make a list of of setting you have on your Dreambox & PC
By the way, I know my PC & Dreambox can communicate as yWeb works (but not the TV streaming part)

Last edited by a moderator:
hi all i done was visit y-web in firefox and click on the live tv bit, then a box popped up. there was no actual settings that i changed on the box apart from sign a static ip, i was also on a wired connection. have you go vlc plugin installed?

Thanks for new image mate
how you set up for fast scanning like dbox?
cheers

First off - great image I love it!

Bit of a noob questin - I am getting 'Error channel not available' on a lot (but not all) of the channels.

I though that initially this was an emu prob, but I have left it on SS1 for ages and no improvment - and I get the same error for BBC2 (but BBC1 works fine) - the epg info shows fine, so I guess its not signal related.

Any ideas? - be gentle this is my first play with a neutrino image - it took me ages to even select teh right tuner driver....

have you tried doing a new scan? while on a channel that is not worling press the red button then the blue button.

you should get values for ber,sng and sig could you let us no what these are.

have you tried doing a new scan? while on a channel that is not worling press the red button then the blue button.

you should get values for ber,sng and sig could you let us no what these are.

cheers for your help - tried a scan, left it going whilst I was out - came back and it had gone back on to tv, so I assume this worked.

On SS1:

BER is 262143, SNR is 41000ish, SIG is 65535 - if the values are the ones above the colour keys?

not sure what these are, as the values are different to the DW2.0 ones I'm used to - but all the stream info is there ok - resolution etc.

Thanks

Back