Network Test

buzzbomb

Inactive User
Reaction score
Guys cannot connect my DM800 to the internet. When I run the Network Test everything goes OK until the Nameserver test when it fails with an Unconfirmed message. Have TS image 3.0 oe2.0 by ramimaher installed. Never had this problem before. Have tried powering down box and router but still no luck. All suggestions welcome.

Given my limited knowledge on the DM800, is it set to get an IP address by DHCP or have you assigned it one manually.

If manually, try setting DNS to 8.8.8.8 on the box.

Guys cannot connect my DM800 to the internet. When I run the Network Test everything goes OK until the Nameserver test when it fails with an Unconfirmed message. Have TS image 3.0 oe2.0 by ramimaher installed. Never had this problem before. Have tried powering down box and router but still no luck. All suggestions welcome.

As above DHCP enable and reboot a few times should do it then when it passes the nameserver test, simply untick DHCP and and a IP of your choice it will remember what the name server was.

Given my limited knowledge on the DM800, is it set to get an IP address by DHCP or have you assigned it one manually.

If manually, try setting DNS to 8.8.8.8 on the box.

Hi him her. Have tried both DHCP and manual allocation. When I go into my router it shows the DM800 assigned 192.168.1.5 which is what the dm800 shows. Also in the router the LAN port I use for the dm800 is shown as connected. (have tried all 3 ports on my router). My setup uses BA and I have tried different images, flash image etc but still the same.
Have also tried as Ferret suggested powering down but it still fails the network test. On one or 2 occasions it passed the test but then fails when I try it again. Him her when u suggest changing the dns to 8.8.8.8 which one is it ie primary or secondary or both?
Really frustrating as it means my cccam and tsmedia etc does not work and I have the grandkids coming over soon so thanks for ur help guys

Just change the primary, secondary is a fallback, then repeat the network test.

Hi him her. Have tried both DHCP and manual allocation. When I go into my router it shows the DM800 assigned 192.168.1.5 which is what the dm800 shows. Also in the router the LAN port I use for the dm800 is shown as connected. (have tried all 3 ports on my router). My setup uses BA and I have tried different images, flash image etc but still the same.
Have also tried as Ferret suggested powering down but it still fails the network test. On one or 2 occasions it passed the test but then fails when I try it again. Him her when u suggest changing the dns to 8.8.8.8 which one is it ie primary or secondary or both?
Really frustrating as it means my cccam and tsmedia etc does not work and I have the grandkids coming over soon so thanks for ur help guys

Who is your internet provider ?

If you where to Google search for example Virgin media Primary DNS it should tell you the dns to add to your dreambox.

Him her have tried the 8.8.8.8 and it made no difference. When I look at my router settings it says the prim and sec dns is 0.0.0.0. so have put it back to that. Feret I am over in greece at the moment and my service provider is OTENET. When I look at my router it shows my dm800 connected to 192.168. 1.5 and also the Lan cable connected and active on port 2 so the connection to the router looks good. In addition I tried another ethernet cable in case that was the problem but it made no difference. Also I can connect to the box using DCC. The image I am currently running is a TS OE2.0 one. Is there anything in the image settings or Webinterface settings I can check ? Going over to a friends soon to try it on his internet to see if it is possibly a router problem. Will report back shortly. Thanks for ur support.

The router is wrong. Set the box to DHCP and change the router primary DNS to 8.8.8.8 and secondary to 8.8.4.4.

Him her tried what u suggested and stilll no luck. ie changed the router prim and sec dns server to 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4 respectively and also the dm800 manually set dns with dhcp set to yes. Then tried it with dhcp set to no and still the same result. Went over to my friends earlier and tried it on his router and got the same results although when I changed to a peterpan image the test worked 2 times. Unfortunatley when I came back over it failed again. To be honest I am losing track of what I have tried. Do u guys know if the Webinterface setting could have anything to do with it.?

Do a factory reset on your router then tick dhcp and enable network on the dm800 and reboot box. It should recognise the box and when you do a network test it should pass.

try going to a command prompt on pc/laptop and do ipconfig /all and match all the settings on your box
Failing that you will need to create a reservation on your router as i had a similar issue and thats what i had to do

Thanks guys for all ur suggestions. Have now tried them all and still no luck. Now going to do a complete reflash and start from scratch and hopefully that will sort it !!!!!!!!

Sorry guys thought I had said. I did a complete reflash with a TS3 image. A bit inconvenient as I now have to re load all my plugins etc but at least the box is working properly now. Thanks for all ur help.

Back