• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.

NetId With Funcard5

liamrsi

Inactive User
Hi all,

Just a quick question, im having lots of probs with the fun netid method, cant seem to get it to work on a sammy!!

Just wondering if anyone has actually used a Funcard5 to do this, because the last few i have done were with 4's and im trying to think why it wont work?

Cheers

bammy

Inactive User
Will work just as well with a funcard 5 - the only difference is the amount of memory on the card. Three reasons for it not working are:
- you've programmed the card incorrectly (unlikely as you say you've done it before)
- You have used incorrect box details (IRD/BK)
- You haven't cleared the old details first (by shorting the battery for a few seconds)

liamrsi

Inactive User
This is what i cannot understand.

Now i have IRD and BK from JTAG, have erased card, then programmed it as suggested, and shorted battery for 09999 netid.

Another prob i am having is with OCD, i cannot seem to connect to box, i tried entering bytes into there to set netid in debug mode, but i get communications error?

I have a JTAG from AtmelAce (Thanks) and have set up OCD as it says in the TUT?

Can tbelieve the probs im having with 1 box hehe

bammy

Inactive User
what software did you use with jtag to get the boxkey? Does it look 'genuine'? what version of firmware is on the box?

liamrsi

Inactive User
BK looks good, take a look at post below mate, i have also now tried a fun4 that defo works!!

I used BKE 2.2

Im on 3_3L_P2N_N-S2100

Dont know exactly what that means but when i used the byte i wrote in post below, it gave me what looks like a genuine BK.

Really stuck for thoughts on what to do next!