NetId With Funcard5

liamrsi

Inactive User
Reaction score
Hi all,

Just a quick question, im having lots of probs with the fun netid method, cant seem to get it to work on a sammy!!

Just wondering if anyone has actually used a Funcard5 to do this, because the last few i have done were with 4's and im trying to think why it wont work?

Cheers

Will work just as well with a funcard 5 - the only difference is the amount of memory on the card. Three reasons for it not working are:
- you've programmed the card incorrectly (unlikely as you say you've done it before)
- You have used incorrect box details (IRD/BK)
- You haven't cleared the old details first (by shorting the battery for a few seconds)

This is what i cannot understand.

Now i have IRD and BK from JTAG, have erased card, then programmed it as suggested, and shorted battery for 09999 netid.

Another prob i am having is with OCD, i cannot seem to connect to box, i tried entering bytes into there to set netid in debug mode, but i get communications error?

I have a JTAG from AtmelAce (Thanks) and have set up OCD as it says in the TUT?

Can tbelieve the probs im having with 1 box hehe

what software did you use with jtag to get the boxkey? Does it look 'genuine'? what version of firmware is on the box?

BK looks good, take a look at post below mate, i have also now tried a fun4 that defo works!!

I used BKE 2.2

Im on 3_3L_P2N_N-S2100

Dont know exactly what that means but when i used the byte i wrote in post below, it gave me what looks like a genuine BK.

Really stuck for thoughts on what to do next!

Back