Needing help with dodgy ebay trader

chronoman

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
As title says looking for 4 or five members to help me out with a dodgy trader.
The guy i bought a caravan has basically ripped me of a few hundred quid and i have realised how he has half decent feedback.
He sells car and caravans but then he has half a dozen cheap pens for pennies .
I want members here to buy the pens up to £2(no bidding wars here) and then leave - feedback
I will donate whatever the total is min £10 to charity of someone who bids choice .
I hate people like this on ebay and want to level his playing field with honesty.
If you leave feedback put dw right at end so i know it from here

coastline items - Get great deals on Cars, Motorcycles Vehicles, Collectables items on eBay UK!

heres link to his shop.
if you are helping please could you state which pen you are bidding on in here so no doubling up.
I would buy these myself but i cant

thanks chronoman

He said if you had known he was English, you wouldn't have bought from him, lol.

Came & told us he would'nt buy if he knew we was English men whats that about ?

You want us to spend our money and get into an eBay feedback war for you?

I can't see many people taking up that offer.

eBay is full of risks, if you aren't willing to accept the risks then don't use it

Last edited:
He said if you had known he was English, you wouldn't have bought from him, lol.

You want us to spend our money and get into an eBay feedback war for you?

I can't see many people taking up that offer.

eBay is full of risks, if you aren't willing to accept the risks then don't use it

I know i saw that when i left him negative.
My dad was with me and may have said that but if he did it was in humour,we knew they were English as the van was at morcambe.
If you look at feedback you will see avert.
The full heating system knackered the hot water broken ,Awning small tear,the battery dead(told me was brand new),
the stabiliser that was on it wasnt there .
I set van up next day to test all as it was in lock up when i bought it and then contacted regarding all faults and also ebay but ebay wanted nothing to do with it.
He also filed unpaid dispute against me(he said in error) and i had hell on with ebay as they said i couldnt leave feedback.
i checked his feedback b4 i bought but know now he sell little tack things like pens to give him false feedback and thats what really bothers me.
Yes i have been stung but i am more wanting hime to be shown on ebay for what he really is.
You say you know the risks but when guys like this are blatantly defrauding people and you get 0 protection from ebay i aint sitting back.
If no one does it here it coll i will get it done once i hit home

Last edited:
unlucky chronoman,
with e bv

unlucky mate you seem to have bought it as seen,
paypal wont be interested
buying 5 pens wont put coastlines rep down that much,
best bet tidy it up and enjoy it

ay

Sounds like he lost his deposit, that was paid into the sellers bank account ? as per the item description

:(

im a bit lost with this post tbh would like to help you but its a waste of time and effort m8

bite it and move on

The full heating system knackered the hot water broken ,Awning small tear,the battery dead(told me was brand new),
the stabiliser that was on it wasnt there .

Sounds like he lost his deposit, that was paid into the sellers bank account ? as per the item description

:(
RS2K_RIDER he says what happend in his post

if anybody bought an item that wasnt as decribed they would do all they could to at least get the faults repaired or get somthing done about it

i would anyway

RS2K_RIDER he says what happend in his post

if anybody bought an item that wasnt as decribed they would do all they could to at least get the faults repaired or get somthing done about it

i would anyway

I have accepted that i got shafted as he lied about certain thing,i accept that.
What i hate is the way he is inflating his feedback and going on to sell to more decent peeps who think he is a solid ebay member (which he isnt).
The point of buying the 4 pens is to not allow hm to do it.
I would be paying for them indirectly as i dont see point in transfering 1 or 2 pound for paypal but will gladly pay double to chatitable cos just as a little fook you to him and his cheating .
Its more a principal than anything i tend to trust people and dont see this as being unreasonable merely giving a pound or 2 to a charity ,receiving a nice pen and helping member out.
Even neutral feedback with comment would do!

As title says looking for 4 or five members to help me out with a dodgy trader.
The guy i bought a caravan has basically ripped me of a few hundred quid and i have realised how he has half decent feedback.
He sells car and caravans but then he has half a dozen cheap pens for pennies .
I want members here to buy the pens up to £2(no bidding wars here) and then leave - feedback
I will donate whatever the total is min £10 to charity of someone who bids choice .
I hate people like this on ebay and want to level his playing field with honesty.
If you leave feedback put dw right at end so i know it from here

coastline items - Get great deals on Cars, Motorcycles Vehicles, Collectables items on eBay UK!

heres link to his shop.
if you are helping please could you state which pen you are bidding on in here so no doubling up.
I would buy these myself but i cant

thanks chronoman

You should have read his feedback before you traded with this guy,seems your not the first

gotta agree with emerald on this one m8. I would have been well weary of any deal from him unless it was a pen or hdmi lead.
I recently bought a car at 6k from ebay without prior viewing but i scrutinised his feed back and the the listing checked all the photos over 30 of them and when i turned up to collect i made sure that it matched the description and photos in every way. I also done the hpi check on it.

If it had not matched up in anyway then the deal would have been off and the deposit would have been refunded one way or another if you know what i mean lol.

I dont think anyone of us buying pens is gonna make any difference tbh. But i can see why you are annoyed m8.

We were lucky and i must admit i was kind of bricking it spending 6k on something unseen.

the problem i had were i couldnt test the faults on site.
Overall the caravan is ok there were 70 pics but these were parts stated but wasnt ok.
I had no gas to test heating or electric.
had he been honest he wouldnt have got the money he did .
As far as the pens i will be doing this with a few people with his cheap items to try and get his feedback balance,i read all his - feedback but didnt study his sales t.b.h .

Dont matter will get it sorted
cheers

So you want us to buy pens of this guy then give him negative or neutral feedback.

On what grounds would we give the feedback.

I can't see ebay putting up with a load of peeps stating "dodgy geezer" as negative feedback, they would probably just pull the feedback.

I think in most cases on ebay it's buyer beware. There are so many dodgy characters on there I wouldnt dream of spending so much on ebay. Rather troll round local or use auto trader or some other more trusted site.

So you want us to buy pens of this guy then give him negative or neutral feedback.

On what grounds would we give the feedback.

I can't see ebay putting up with a load of peeps stating "dodgy geezer" as negative feedback, they would probably just pull the feedback.

I think in most cases on ebay it's buyer beware. There are so many dodgy characters on there I wouldnt dream of spending so much on ebay. Rather troll round local or use auto trader or some other more trusted site.
Spent prob over £20k on ebay inc car at 6.5k with 3 problems in nine yrs(inc this).
previous 2 were banned from ebay.
you just need to put stuff like ,pen didnt work,very sl;ow delivery etc.
Not hard to give - feedback
watch his feedback you will see

Spent prob over £20k on ebay inc car at 6.5k with 3 problems in nine yrs(inc this).
previous 2 were banned from ebay.
you just need to put stuff like ,pen didnt work,very sl;ow delivery etc.
Not hard to give - feedback
watch his feedback you will see

Starting a feedback war will not solve your problems.

If you feel you are owed money back then maybe you should get some legal advice - maybe a trip to the CAB.

buying petty items to leave bad feedback is just sad tbh.

Starting a feedback war will not solve your problems.

If you feel you are owed money back then maybe you should get some legal advice - maybe a trip to the CAB.

buying petty items to leave bad feedback is just sad tbh.

you say its sad ,so you think its acceptable for someone who sells high priced items to tac to get false feedback?

It sucks that he's boosting his feedback but a few negs over a pen aren't really going to make too much difference - as others have said he'll only get ebay to remove them.

I assume you paid the £200 by bank transfer as per the advert? How did you pay the balance?

As it's been bought online you can use the distance selling regulations to return it for a refund, you can complain to ebay using the "goods not as described", you can issue a small claims court action against him (or at least threaten to) or you can bite the bullet and accept it.

Back