Need help aligning dish

DodgyTech

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
Hey guys,

I think the weather today has blown my satellite dish out of line.

I got no signal on my box despite numerous resets.

I got a satellite finder which I placed between the box and dish. I followed the instructions and turned the knob up to 5 and I had a full meter reading.

Not sure how I can be sure whether or not my sky signal is gone and how I can get it back right. Looking at the dish, everything looks to be intact and pointing in roughly the right direction. Before, I used to get signal loss when it used to rain heavily, so I'm guessing it was already poorly set and was close to being knocked out of the line.

I cannot see any FTA channels, not even BBC 1! I've tried using the service search and made sure that it is on 28.2E.

Got a DM800HD

i think them sat finders sing when turned up fully anyway,mine does ,dish could be slightly out or connections maybe need looking at,is it a fixed dish or motorized

i think them sat finders sing when turned up fully anyway,mine does ,dish could be slightly out or connections maybe need looking at,is it a fixed dish or motorized

What's the point of it singing when fully turned up? lol

It's a fixed minidish. It's so cold, I really don't fancy braving the cold in the dark to try and sort this out =\

on i dreambox me thinks,go into menu.settings,tuner config i think,then satfinder,see if it is locked and got a signal.if not dish probs out

on i dreambox me thinks,go into menu.settings,tuner config i think,then satfinder,see if it is locked and got a signal.if not dish probs out

Thanks Bro. I got the following:

screenshot.jpg

That's a good signal m8 ,not sure why your not getting a picture

Sent from my X10i using Tapatalk

I had been restarting enigma, this time I restarted the box and downloaded the latest channels using rat's updater and it started working!

Thanks guys for your time :)

My dish got moved due to the wind yesterday. Tried re-aligning it in the dark with a sat finder, and picked up 19.2e instead. lol
Been pissin down today so aint bothered. Will give it a go in the next few days to pick up 28.2. Wish me luck. Ha

My dish got moved due to the wind yesterday. Tried re-aligning it in the dark with a sat finder, and picked up 19.2e instead. lol
Been pissin down today so aint bothered. Will give it a go in the next few days to pick up 28.2. Wish me luck. Ha

Good luck with it mate. I got lucky with mine :)

Back