Need glasses advice..

johnny bravo

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
Any advice best place to get glasses, specsavers quoted me £330 for 2 pairs, varifocal glasses I think they said. I have the prescription from specsavers..reading I need glasses, but far distance is 👍 good. Ta

You only need one set if they are varifocal glasses

Any advice best place to get glasses, specsavers quoted me £330 for 2 pairs, varifocal glasses I think they said. I have the prescription from specsavers..reading I need glasses, but far distance is 👍 good. Ta
Asda, 2 pairs varifocals designer frames £120

Included in the price​

• Designer frames
  • Distinct lenses
  • Anti-reflective coating
  • Scratch resistant coating
  • Thinner lenses (if required)
  • Tints (optional)
  • Advanced varifocal lenses (if required)

Asda Opticians | Buy Contact Lenses Online | Affordable UK Prices

Would I need to do another eye test with asda? Just had soecsavers test done 2 days ago..

Ebay 222345709243 this is just a example , depending on your prescription reading

I use Glassesdirect and have varifocals from them. I had the best varifocal lenses they had to offer as there is different quality and options available. I paid £135 in the sale and also you can find discount codes online. I have used them several times and they provide a great service imo.

Last edited:
Spec savers should have given you a little card with your prescription on it. I have both contacts and glasses through them and I got my little card a few weeks ago when I went for my test.

Thanks guys
Yet , meanwhile the damage continues undetected. ;)
Yes that's what I was told by specsavers as I was using them to read but then when looking up at distance was a struggle as they only designed for reading at arms length

Yet , meanwhile the damage continues undetected. ;)
? Specsavers gave me a prescription +1.75, then the guy pointed me in the direction of some rather expensive 1.75's lol.
Not sure what the difference is other than the price? :)

😆..anyway I seen these varifocal lenses on glasses direct..they are the top of the range ones...with the frame come to about £120 with discount code...they tick all the boxes in the range...I'm a postman so I'm.assuming they be perfect for my job..wot u guys think.?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220815-154926_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20220815-154926_Chrome.jpg
    415.2 KB · Views: 7
I can definitely recommend glasses direct as my wife and I have used them on many occasions. They also have 120 day return option if you’re not happy.
Have you used varifocals as some don’t get on with them. I wouldn’t be without them tbh. I was going to get the operation done where they remove your lenses and put artificial lenses in but I bottled it as I didn’t want to mess about with my eyes to be honest and it was £7000😆

Last edited:
varifocals are for near and far sight, as you can see distance you would only need glasses for reading.

Back