Need glasses advice..

I can definitely recommend glasses direct as my wife and I have used them on many occasions. They also have 120 day return option if you’re not happy.
Have you used varifocals as some don’t get on with them. I wouldn’t be without them tbh. I was going to get the operation done where they remove your lenses and put artificial lenses in but I bottled it as I didn’t want to mess about with my eyes to be honest and it was £7000😆
I took my varifocals back as did my brother and Mrs none of us could get on with theirs. We all have bifocals now, have few mates who are perfectly ok with varifocals, I gave them 3 weeks then gave up.

Any advice best place to get glasses, specsavers quoted me £330 for 2 pairs, varifocal glasses I think they said. I have the prescription from specsavers..reading I need glasses, but far distance is 👍 good. Ta
I've no idea about varifocals pal, Reading Glasses for me but best I've bought online were from Spex4Less, quality was spot-on from them. I've bought from other online places as well but quality not great though they were cheap.
HH.

I've been wearing varifocals for many years now.
Wish I'd went for laser correction but by the time it really got good enough I had reached a certain age which probably meant I would still need to wear glasses afterwards.
They're our eyes guys and need looking after. I would honestly prefer to lose my legs than my eyesight. I can't imagine how it would be to be born blind and have no reference as to what objects or colours look like.

I also have had varifocals for many years. I always get one pair reactalite for outdoor use in sunlight. They can take about a month to get tuned into them as your brain learns head and eye movement for seamless transition viewing. As previously stated there are different distortion qualities and I go for the best available. I’m liking some of the prices of the online options posted in this thread. One thing to remember is your PD (pupil distance) When ordering. Get an old pair of specs get someone to put a dot on each lens centre of pupil. Then measure the distance. Quite important for vari’s.

I also have had varifocals for many years. I always get one pair reactalite for outdoor use in sunlight. They can take about a month to get tuned into them as your brain learns head and eye movement for seamless transition viewing. As previously stated there are different distortion qualities and I go for the best available. I’m liking some of the prices of the online options posted in this thread. One thing to remember is your PD (pupil distance) When ordering. Get an old pair of specs get someone to put a dot on each lens centre of pupil. Then measure the distance. Quite important for vari’s.
I totally forgot about PD. I used a free app called Eye Measure which does it all for you and it gave me the same measurements as a PD ruler that I bought online.

Back