CD & DVD Need firmware for NEC DVD Writer

Bally12345

VIP Member
VIP Member
Reaction score
I have got a NEC DVD RW ND3530A but for some reason it will only write at 4x on my 16x Maxwell DVDr's

I tried installing a firmware update but im sure I was downloading the wrong thing... Does anyone have the latest firmware for this. Either a link or attach file here if possible.

Tried it but the firmware for my drive doesnt work, found a custom firmware on google and that has flashed correctly but havent tried burning yet.

If you don't get any joy with the firmware you found via google try this one

Link

It's from The Dangerous Brothers so you know it's a good firmware ;)

are u using the right disc`s ?? i was using -rw and would only write at 1x but put +rw in and writes at 4x just a thought ?

I have got a NEC DVD RW ND3530A but for some reason it will only write at 4x on my 16x Maxwell DVDr's

I tried installing a firmware update but im sure I was downloading the wrong thing... Does anyone have the latest firmware for this. Either a link or attach file here if possible.

ive a funny feeling that the disks are your problem mate, try some other brands etc just to check, its very very seldom that you need to install any updated software for a dvd drive.

let us know the outcome please.

This site has lots of NEC original & Modified DVD Burner Firmware.

If this does not work, try another brand of disc to see if you can get 16X

Sorry forgot to give you most important info.
Check that the mediacode is correct. Occasionally media is incorrectly Identified. I use DVDIdentifier, to make sure code corresponds. If you are not sure how here is a tutorial .

Another quick way is simply take a disc to another burner, e.g. work, friends and see if you can burn at 16X. If you can then you Know the prob is with your burner, if you can't probably a disc prob.

Ok looks like iv messed up my drive the other day when I used Liggy's and Dee's IOData OEM firmware 3.23 for the ND3530A I used http://liggydee.cdfreaks.com/disclaimer/en/3530a/323_fast.zip.html and the firmware updated without problems, but I never tested my drive.

Now I have noticed it wont read disc however when I put blank dvd in it says it can write at 6x but have not tried didnt want to waste a dvd.

These same discs work in my other computer which has a pioneer burner and they write at 16x

Problem is now I cant change the firmware because it will keep failing also noticed the dvd drive makes a wierd noise now when I put cd oh yeh and when computer is first booted. Thinking about it it stays on the first bios screen for ages aswell. Argh lol what have I done.

A stupid mistake I made to was I forgot to dump the original firmware before flashing 323_fast.bin but even so it wouldnt of made a difference because it wont let me flash with anything else.

Last edited:
Anyone know how I can fix or does anyone have one of these drives and are able to dump their firmware for me?

See if any of the methods this guy used fixes your problem: _http://club.cdfreaks.com/showthread.php?t=137144

NB Anyone flashing an optical drive should make sure that its empty before flashing the firmware.

Last edited:

looking at spec for this writer

here

DriveNEC ND-3530A

+RW 8x (11 MBytes/sec)
-RW 6x (8.2MBytes/sec)

it will write to +rw at 8x and -rw at 6x on dvd's
so why r u tring to write at 16 times
it wont do it

the 16x on the dvd means that the disk is capable of writing at this speed if ur dvd writer will write at this speed

Last edited:
u could try original firm ware

http://www.micheldeboer.nl/firmware/3530.html
got them all orig & modifiyed

etc etc

use the flasher out of here to flash the original bin

this is an true dos flash and the dvd writer needs to be on primary slave

true dos not dosbox
make a 98 boot disk and use that

The problem is this pc doesnt have a floppy drive. Is there another way, got a usb stick will that do? Do you know what the correct command is to flash the drive.

The problem is this pc doesnt have a floppy drive. Is there another way, got a usb stick will that do? Do you know what the correct command is to flash the drive.
i think u can flash from the usb

have a look in the xbox 360 section it is in there

sorry just read the dvd needs to be as secondary master
so remove all except the secondary master
remember to change the jumpers on the dvd writer

command to flash the drive is
1: nec3530a -sec -mas -flash 3530ORIG.BIN <<< if going to use orig
2: nec3530a -sec -mas -flash 3530FAST.BIN <<<if using the lock patch
3: nec3530a -sec -mas -flash 3530RPC1.BIN <<<if using the rpc1 and lock

to make a back up use nec3530a -sec -mas -out BACKUP.BIN

here is the boot maker have a read

Last edited: