need a new dm800se

Re: 800SE Supplier

Apparently, Peter has now left which is a bloody shame as he was dealing with my last order which went completly tits up. Sent Tina an email but haven't had a response to date.

Seems all turned out well in the end, Ive been following this thread as I am thinking of ordering from these guys and have been in contact with Tony. Are these guys the best place to get one ? Also is it the 800 se that is the superior model ? Tony quoted me £193 delivered and I could possibly do better on ebay but simply want something hassle free.

Don't mean to hijack the thread but since this one got resolved thought id add to it

Cheers

Seems all turned out well in the end, Ive been following this thread as I am thinking of ordering from these guys and have been in contact with Tony. Are these guys the best place to get one ? Also is it the 800 se that is the superior model ? Tony quoted me £193 delivered and I could possibly do better on ebay but simply want something hassle free.

Don't mean to hijack the thread but since this one got resolved thought id add to it

Cheers

That seems a bit steep i have just done a quick conversion $190 for 800se and around $40 to ship $230 total works out at just over £150 posted.

Sorry to interupt guys But i will never understand why you luv those cheap Clone boxes which need hacked enigma2 / whatever and pre-made bootsignatures and after a year of 2 y cannot find any decent image anymore.

I will be flamed now But I wanted to know if it is really worth the price difference ?

They work flawlessly, do what is advertised on the box. After almost one year on the market, no systematic hardware faults have been reported.

I hope you don't get flamed, but any contradictions to your point of view are expressed in a a dignified and respectable manner.

Tony quoted me £193 delivered

Pounds or Dollars?

If it's pounds that is really steep, I paid £152 (after conversion) delivered.

@wolftje: Never had a problem with mine, or indeed finding a decent image. I of course don't have an original to compare it against, but weighing up the £400+ against £150 I think that speaks volumes.

Looks like he must have quoted you for the SR4, triple tuner box as they are really pushing these at the mo.

I've still not had any replies back from Tina re my problems, not happy to say the least.

Sorry to interupt guys But i will never understand why you luv those cheap Clone boxes which need hacked enigma2 / whatever and pre-made bootsignatures and after a year of 2 y cannot find any decent image anymore.

I will be flamed now But I wanted to know if it is really worth the price difference ?

Not sure where you get that impression...even the old DM800HD (non SE) clones are still supported and images are still being released frequently. The non SE 800HD clones are on the same bootloader as the newer SE clones (84b) for SIM 2 recievers.

I do however agree that clones do will not always be running the latest Enigma version or drivers, as DMM frequently employ new anti-clone measures in newer drivers etc...so there will be a waiting period until images and Enigma versions are patched. However so far images seem to be patched very quickly..there is a ridicolous amount of images being patched and released on a frequent basis...more than I have seen for any other reciever on the market.

The main point though is that almost everything works fine out of the box, all PVR, Timeshift, media player etc...so theres not really much benefit to newer images anyway ... apart from minor bug fixes, newer drivers etc..

I wouldnt personally buy an original DM reciever simply because they are badly overpriced. I've always owned clones from DM500 C and S, Dm600S, Dm800HD and PRO, DM800 SE. Only hardware issues i've ever had were a failed DM500 PSU after 2.5 years...which was fixed by replacing 2 caps in the PSU, and on the older 800HD glitchy tuner on a couple of HD channels L3 tuner, resolved by swpaping for a Rev M tuner. On the plus side i've always been able to sell on my old clones when i've upgraded without making any loss... I sold my Dm600 and Dm800 HD clones...I now only own 800SE and 500 clones...

Last edited:

I personally think the price of a cloned box is a lot more appealing to customers rather than the price of originals and the build quality of clones nowadays is so good.

Can you advice what you use and why you think it is so good?

Well, I had one from somebody I needed to repair (dm800hd model) with a fixed bootloader 64->max 72. Almost impossible to find a decent image for that box. Not to mention a decent Loader.(couldn't use the dmloader of course) I have never been in favor of clones but I just wanted to know if it is really worth the "hassle". (Finding other images, drivers, bootloaders, etc ...) A very funny fact was the clone remote stopped working the moment he upgraded by internet.(stupid of course)

Well, I had one from somebody I needed to repair (dm800hd model) with a fixed bootloader 64->max 72. Almost impossible to find a decent image for that box. Not to mention a decent Loader.(couldn't use the dmloader of course) I have never been in favor of clones but I just wanted to know if it is really worth the "hassle". (Finding other images, drivers, bootloaders, etc ...) A very funny fact was the clone remote stopped working the moment he upgraded by internet.(stupid of course)

Clones are a bit weird like that not all of them are good, theres also different SIM teams and factoried which manufacture recievers some factories will have poor quality, some SIM teams will have bad software support.

Yes unfortunately online update over the internet can kill images on clones as the patched SSL bootlaoders and Enigma patches are over written , so in general you cannot carry out online update safely.

It takes a bit of research before buying with clones to make sure your buying a good one in general:

- Go for SIM 2 Team based recievers (SIM 2.0.1 or now SIM 2.1). DM800HD PRO or DM800SE they are better both in terms of hardware quality and software support.

- Find a reputable supplier, this is important as you need to be sure your sourcing good quality recievers and that you can get good after sales and warranty support.

Older 800HD clones definitely had hardware issues and software support wasnt great. It's only really since the 800HD PRO and Rev M tuners came onto the scene that the quality has risen. The competition between SIM teams is what causes quality improvements and price competition etc, orignally it was SIM 1 vs SIM 2 team....later SIM 1 became Ferarri Team , There is also lesser known SIMS such as E-Star etc..

Pounds or Dollars?

If it's pounds that is really steep, I paid £152 (after conversion) delivered.

@wolftje: Never had a problem with mine, or indeed finding a decent image. I of course don't have an original to compare it against, but weighing up the £400+ against £150 I think that speaks volumes.

Yes sorry this was my bad it was dollars plus delivery so around $230 which is hundred fifty of my English pounds, I have other sources and have yet to order but I hope Im a Teaf gets his order fixed soon. Good read of the thread though and some valuable input, I will be opting for the se clone as it seems good value. :)

Yes sorry this was my bad it was dollars plus delivery so around $230 which is hundred fifty of my English pounds, I have other sources and have yet to order but I hope Im a Teaf gets his order fixed soon. Good read of the thread though and some valuable input, I will be opting for the se clone as it seems good value. :)

I've had no reply from Tina yet except to say she is looking into it. Going to contact her on Monday and maybe threaten her with a Paypal complaint as at the moment I get the impression I'm being strung along so that the max number of days within which I can complain elapses.

I've had no reply from Tina yet except to say she is looking into it. Going to contact her on Monday and maybe threaten her with a Paypal complaint as at the moment I get the impression I'm being strung along so that the max number of days within which I can complain elapses.

Any luck pal ?

Nope, spoke to Linda this time, who did the normal, didn't get your email can you send it again etc.. by the end she actaully understood what was wrong told me that she would get things posted on Tuesday, contact here today and go through the same didn't get your email, tell me what the problem is, eventually she remembered and said today was an of day in China so she would make sure it was posted this coming Monday.

So I'll have to contact her on Monday and presumably go through the same old crap again. I've always used Tony but since being kept waiting from January will be seriously thinking about whether I use them again. Essentially, when things go fine, then fine but if they balls up they don't want to know. :(

How long has it been? If its been a while stick a paypal dispute in until you get the answers your after mate :(

How long has it been? If its been a while stick a paypal dispute in until you get the answers your after mate :(

Too long, I thought that they'd sort things out, so I went along with them. Got miffed yesterday so lodged a complaint but got a message back saying it had been closed as it's been longer than 45 days.

I'm going to badger Linda again on Monday, hopefully they'll get the message that I'm not going to go away.

Too long, I thought that they'd sort things out, so I went along with them. Got miffed yesterday so lodged a complaint but got a message back saying it had been closed as it's been longer than 45 days.

I'm going to badger Linda again on Monday, hopefully they'll get the message that I'm not going to go away.

Just wondering how you got on here mt ? I heard good things about them but ordered elsewhere as I got a slightly better deal and also you had this dispute going on,just interested to know if you got fixed up.

Cheers

They've now posted the replacement bits so am now waiting for the post to arrive :)

They've now posted the replacement bits so am now waiting for the post to arrive :)

Did you have to send your old bit back. I am having to send the system board back from a dm800se.

Back