nbox hdtv recorder

Can you not use a pre made channel list and crossepg on this box ?

well I know you can use Rat's Bouquets as Ive been helping martin.uk all day :)

Whats the best EPG addin for this box guys? Trying to get the misses to use this, the EPG is a bit pants as it doesn't show all channels. If you press info you get now and next on that channel but you cant cycle through the channels as it changes the channel - unless Im doing it wrong which isn't unheard of :)

Whats the best EPG addin for this box guys? Trying to get the misses to use this, the EPG is a bit pants as it doesn't show all channels. If you press info you get now and next on that channel but you cant cycle through the channels as it changes the channel - unless Im doing it wrong which isn't unheard of :)

if you have only now and next you set it up wrong. if its Crossepg you need to set it up to download data to hard drive. you do this through blue panel, settings, crossepg then top setting choose HDD and also change the setting about 5 lines down to "download every hour in standby. then go in crossepg AMD download data. once all finished restart the box. you should then have 7dsy RPG.

if you want a decent front end GUI then get CoolTV

if you have only now and next you set it up wrong. if its Crossepg you need to set it up to download data to hard drive. you do this through blue panel, settings, crossepg then top setting choose HDD and also change the setting about 5 lines down to "download every hour in standby. then go in crossepg AMD download data. once all finished restart the box. you should then have 7dsy RPG.

if you want a decent front end GUI then get CoolTV

Nice one thanks, managed to sort this out last night all installed and working :) Needed a restart and it was good to go. Whats that cooltv like? Do you install It on the HDD?

Nice one thanks, managed to sort this out last night all installed and working :) Needed a restart and it was good to go. Whats that cooltv like? Do you install It on the HDD?

hi mate how are you, listen i just got this box and i am having the same problem as you with the epg any chance you could help me out please?

Just typed the instructions then my feking browser crashed. So, press opt on the remote then go to setup -> crossepg. From there go to configure and from the to pselect - HDD - no - yes - yes - once a day - 01:00 - yes - no - yes - no. Select XMLTV providers and make your selection (Im using uk ones) hit download now and then import csv and you should be good to go :)

Just typed the instructions then my feking browser crashed. So, press opt on the remote then go to setup -> crossepg. From there go to configure and from the to pselect - HDD - no - yes - yes - once a day - 01:00 - yes - no - yes - no. Select XMLTV providers and make your selection (Im using uk ones) hit download now and then import csv and you should be good to go :)

no man im after doing that i havent got a clue why but when i press the epg button the channel im watching has whats on now and next and thats it nothing on the rest its blank?:/ any ideas

no man im after doing that i havent got a clue why but when i press the epg button the channel im watching has whats on now and next and thats it nothing on the rest its blank?:/ any ideas

I had to set mine to reload on startup so turned box of and on again and worked perfect, try that

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

i dont have reload on start up i have ..reboot after scheduled download and reboot after manual download?

No thata not it mate, its in a menu somewhere, I'm not at home t check mate

No thata not it mate, its in a menu somewhere, I'm not at home t check mate

Its in the opt - setup - crossepg menu I think? @Goc112 But you have to restart the box to get the EPG to work - which Im guessing you've done?

I'm amazeballed how good these boxes are for the money - do everything you need for under 100 smackers or just over 100 modified. Bleddy good :)

Last edited by a moderator:

This is because you have not downloaded the data and stored it somewhere, that's why I suggested the hard drive as its location, if it messes up you still got the data. Once you have downloaded the data through the Crossepg config screen reboot the box and you should be able to see 7 days worth of EPG. You also need to set the Config screen on Crossepg to download data every hour when in standby. So when you not using it overnight it has always got the latest epg info.

If you want a slightly better GUI front end then get CoolTV, its downloadable through the Plugins section under EPG. After a reboot of the box CooltTV should show, I have mine setup to show TVguide on a press of the red button, again this is in the Cooltv config screen within plugins.

This is because you have not downloaded the data and stored it somewhere, that's why I suggested the hard drive as its location, if it messes up you still got the data. Once you have downloaded the data through the Crossepg config screen reboot the box and you should be able to see 7 days worth of EPG. You also need to set the Config screen on Crossepg to download data every hour when in standby. So when you not using it overnight it has always got the latest epg info.

If you want a slightly better GUI front end then get CoolTV, its downloadable through the Plugins section under EPG. After a reboot of the box CooltTV should show, I have mine setup to show TVguide on a press of the red button, again this is in the Cooltv config screen within plugins.

What image are you running? Ive been tempted to go from Nebula v2 to Nebula v3 as I have a few funny things going on and thought I would try a different image.

What image are you running? Ive been tempted to go from Nebula v2 to Nebula v3 as I have a few funny things going on and thought I would try a different image.

im not too sure which 1 but its nebula anyway, and i am going to get the coolTV just want to find out properly how to get it incase i **** up he box and thanks for all your help with the epg have it now working:), 1 or 2 more problem tho, i had sky box office like the channel and i cant find it now and its a very handy channel kind of a must and also sky sports 2 i dont have is there any way i can t
get these channels?, and could you tell me how to record like a program that is on later in the day like when i go true the epg to say about 10 pm and press record it wont record but i can record what i am watching? any ideas mate? and again thanks very much or the help so far

Guys im in a spot of bother :(, i was looking through the plugins on my box i have a n nbox hdtv recorder running nebula zero enigma 2 not too sure if thats correct, but i downloaded the coolTV guild plugin and since that i have no epg it wont work there no channel list at all :( and when i go into plugins and press red to try remove it it says no new plugins :(could some1 please help as im badly stuck i need my epg back!!!...

Guys im in a spot of bother :(, i was looking through the plugins on my box i have a n nbox hdtv recorder running nebula zero enigma 2 not too sure if thats correct, but i downloaded the coolTV guild plugin and since that i have no epg it wont work there no channel list at all :( and when i go into plugins and press red to try remove it it says no new plugins :(could some1 please help as im badly stuck i need my epg back!!!...

If you have no channel list then you will need to add one again. Tomthered sent me a link to an awesome autobouquet guide fr nbox on sataid forums, meant to write a tutorial but not bee. Near laptp for weeks to type up, google nbox autobouquet in google might work

If you have no channel list then you will need to add one again. Tomthered sent me a link to an awesome autobouquet guide fr nbox on sataid forums, meant to write a tutorial but not bee. Near laptp for weeks to type up, google nbox autobouquet in google might work

awh no i have a channel list, but its just after installed cooltv guild i went into the epg and i couldnt see anything that was on, but it was working perfect just before i downloaded the cooltv guild :/ any idea how to get rid of the cool tv guild?

awh no i have a channel list, but its just after installed cooltv guild i went into the epg and i couldnt see anything that was on, but it was working perfect just before i downloaded the cooltv guild :/ any idea how to get rid of the cool tv guild?

Try to redownload the epg data, ie go into the epg settings and download to hdd

awwwww listen i woke up this morning and turned my box on and its gone it says ""check tuner configeration every single one of my channels are gone and its coming up sky italia and polskie all and i didnt have any of that last night could you help plz i havent got one channel now:(

Back