NAT settings on DIR-615 ?

Rs2k_Rider

DW's Resident Medic
Reaction score
HI ppl,

Been having trouble with people connecting to me, and connecting to them in lobbys with invites etc... keep getting "could not connect to host"

My NAT is showing up as Moderate, I want to change it to open.... BUT cant find anything simple enough to show how this is done on Dlink DIR-615 - Virgin 50meg router !

I see about port forwarding but even the info on portforward.com ? is not the same as whats on my router page !

HELP lol

Thanks all :) :Clap:

on my d-link , different model to yours , if you go to your router settings , cant remember what tab its under though , there`s a box that i can tick for xbox live , that allowed me to have `open ` showing

it`s under tools>misc

Last edited:
on my d-link , different model to yours , if you go to your router settings , cant remember what tab its under though , there`s a box that i can tick for xbox live , that allowed me to have `open ` showing

it`s under tools>misc

Aint got tools in my one :( its just a dodgy layout of a list on the left... sod it, heres a screenshot lol

dlinkscreen.jpg

Hi mate try upnp see if its ticked, its under advanced>advanced network

Hi mate try upnp see if its ticked, its under advanced>advanced network

Yea thats on mate :) its ticked

Think I might have to forward ports but even thats puzzled me !

portforwarding.jpg

Then I get a drop down list, but what the hell do I choose ? The guides to do this dont tell ya that lol

portforwarding-1.jpg

Dont really tell me what I need to know, and deffo nothing to do with the settings on the router in that article :(

This is the problem I have, the settings seem to be pretty new and not known yet....
Even portforward website dont list my router lol ! not much point calling virgin media, people in the philliapine call centre cant work out billing... foooked if im explaining this one lol

Hasn`t it got links to follow? click on the link
Dont really tell me what I need to know, and deffo nothing to do with the settings on the router in that article :(

This is the problem I have, the settings seem to be pretty new and not known yet....
Even portforward website dont list my router lol ! not much point calling virgin media, people in the philliapine call centre cant work out billing... foooked if im explaining this one lol

Hasn`t it got links to follow? click on the link

yes mate but they dont show the same menu that is shown in pics of what I have above, there are gaps on the info that need to be put in lol

Yea latest firmware on it etc,

Seems the router doesnt have any specific nat settings I could find....

Just have to forward the ports, sorted it now :) The Midnight Hour Make Your Router Xbox Live Compatible

That article helped loads :) Cheers robc11 just had to work out how to put them into my router, if anyone needs a screenshot of this one let me know :)

Hmmm lol

My NAT has gone back to Moderate again and the settings are still the same in the router !

Any ideas on this one ?

Hmmm lol

My NAT has gone back to Moderate again and the settings are still the same in the router !

Any ideas on this one ?

Hey howsit guys, New to the forum but not new to forums. :)

I'm also having a problem as Rs2. I've got the ports forward right and UPnP enabled too. The frustrating part is that every 2nd or 3rd day I get strict or moderate nat settings in MW2, then need to restart the modem fix it. Is there a way to sort this out permanently ? I can't find anything on the net aside from what I've just said I've got set up.

Help would be appreciated, I hear NAT Type 1 guarantees hosting too for MW2. How true is that? and is it possible to change to NAT Type 1? and how?

Not really a solution but i have the same router and never had any problems , mine is always showing as open and i have not changed any settings since i had it.

Back