Arlo multiple base stations on the same home network.

digitalworldzloverguy

Premium Member
Premium Member
Reaction score
I have six Arlo Ultra cameras installed around the perimeter of a house. I found that with a single base station in the center of the house, connectivity is not very reliable between the base station and the cams. I therefore decided to add a second base station, and now have one station covering three cams on one half of the house and the second base station on the other half with the other three cams.

I was able to successfully remove and then reconnect each cam to the nearest base station. They all show up in the phone app just fine.

The problem is that now I can only stream live feeds from cams connected to ONE of the base stations. So I can stream from three cams, but the app just sits there at "connecting" when attempting to stream from the other three cams.

I believe this is related to the base station's UPNP port forwarding. My theory is: The first base station negotiates its port forwarding with the router; but the second base station is unable to get those same ports opened because the first one took them already. With other devices or applications, they would then normally try to negotiate alternate ports, however it seems that the Arlo base stations do not do this. Does anyone know whether my theory is true or false? Anyone have experience with this and/or a workaround?

Thank you in advance.

Back