n00b with a jtag'ed - no hard drive found - XeXmenu

ok had another go of loading 1.1 and have downloaded the files.

there were 2 files as you say so - the xex rar and the live rar

extract the xex rar, which i done and copied that to a cd-r and wrote it as a data cd.

Copy to the usb hdd (used a pen drive)the LIVE rar extracted, done. have a folder on the usb stick with the correct folders.

Launch from the CD...and then you should be able to copy over the Live files to the proper place

When i try and launch from the cd then it spins and tells me to insert disk.....so tried with the old dvd that i burnt (think this had xex menu earlier version on) and it worked, any way copied over files from USB key to the correct folders and went to dash (after it copied the files) and then checked and it says XeXMenu 1.1 but when i run it it's the same as the picture i posted above and not the funky menu........

Why is the data cd not playing ball or am i missing some sort of boot sequence..?

EDIT

thought i'd have a go at writing XeXMenu_v1.1-ISO_with_PIR.iso and nero burnt it but still the same......

Last edited:
is the machine def jtagged??

i was told the files will only run if it was

is the machine def jtagged??

i was told the files will only run if it was

Bought from a member off here mate, so would think so.......

I tried and tried a few times last night to write that CD with the data but the box just won't read it..

i suppose i could try and load it this way.....

3) Use the 360 HDD transfer cable. Use appropriate software to copy the
directory "C0DE9999" to 360 HDD at:
Partition3\Content\0000000000000000\

But it has copied it over as far as i'm aware.....

But it's telling me that it's version 1.1 but the dvd that i orginaly tried to boot xex from is probably an old version - now i'm getting confused....lol

EDIT:

Just to let you all know as well that the funky dash is called 360dashit

downloaded it and have 3 files.

HDD1 (launcher for the 360 dashboard)
USB0 (files for the root of the external HDD)
bk files

So will have fun having a go of that tonight

Last edited:
Back