n00b with a jtag'ed - no hard drive found - XeXmenu

unfortunately looks like a shell alone would cost about 14quid.

You sure its not worth going down the cancelling the ebay item you sold saying it got dropped or something......unless got a good price for it of course.

As if a shell costs about 10-14...or even to make a cable manually you're prob looking at a few quid in parts, then the hassle of resoldering wires, and then trying to find some housing to put it in to keep it tidy.

I've searched for seeing if can find an adapter to buy seperately but can't see anything yet

Thanks for that mate, I've just over spent but it's good to know i might as well pick up a 250 gig hard drive and a case for it as the what i was going to do was to buy an external USB drive and then plug that in but if i can plop a 250 gig in or higher and install it in a case for £14.00 then i might go down that route....

it would be cheaper than getting another external USB drive and a separate xbox 360 drive for it.

So if i buy a shell and any 2.5" sata drive the jtagged machine will just pick it up and format it to what ever size it is with out having to mess on in dos with it?

Sounds like the way to go then and it will look neater than having usb cables all over the place.

I can't stop the sale of the other box as it's for a buddy on here ;)

think I'll try and pick a shell up, wait for that and then get my self a sata 2.5" drive for it if above will work no problem.

Just got me jtagged machine you see and itching to get it going, talking about jumping in at the deep end! lol

Thanks for your info mate.

Thanks bud, managed to find one on fleabay last night from a UK seller so just need to grab me self a 250 gig sata 2.5" drive now and then i should be sorted...as you can tell itching...lol

Will it eventually look like this ? sorry about the music on the video it's genk, (he's not signed in either....i'll wait till i get the drive for box before asking any more questions....)

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yz8Uu8aacOU&feature=fvw[/ame]

jesus thats a long way for a shortcut...

that menu, it dont take that long

i go into games and xexmenu, then it loads with a list of games thats it it finds the files off the drive for you his dont

ah i see....well can't do any thing until i get me hard drive and that for it so i'll have to wait and see.....

OK after a chew on with the royal mail i have finally got the HDD case! so going to go and get a 2.5" SATA drive the night about a 250 gig one....

Tried plugging in the hard drive that i had on the original unbanned machine and it would let me sign in but then told me a system update was needed so thought well i might as well wait until the night until i get this hard drive.....(was not plugged in to net when i tried last night)

OK couple of questions......

Do i need to do any thing to the hard drive before plugging it into the xbox i.e format it to fat32.....

I know that with it being "jtagged" that the it doesn't have to be a western digital (but will get one any way)

Can i recover my gamer tag to the "jtag" machine or do i have to create a new gamer tag for that machine....i wouldn't mind downloading some XBLA arcade games as well as i have bought some from LIVE

i down loaded XeX loader and burnt the iso image to a dvd and it didn't load, am i doing it right and try this again? do i load XeX loader and then load XeX menu ????

2) Burn CD/DVD using XeXLoader.iso, and run from disc. Use the file browser to
copy the directory "C0DE9999" to the 360 HDD at:
Hdd1://Content/0000000000000000/

3) Use the 360 HDD transfer cable. Use appropriate software to copy the
directory "C0DE9999" to 360 HDD at:
Partition3\Content\0000000000000000\

i suppose using the 360 HDD transfer would stop me wasting disks like so will have a go the night, what software would i use?

yeah i need guidance.....lol

Last edited:
Got me self a 300 gig and that's all installed and a 1TB attached to the rear usb port... i've created a new profile for now (would like to get me own working one day...)

ok burnt 2 disks using the file from xbinx.exe there were 4 files to choose.....

XeXloader0.26 - iso.rar
GOD
LIVE
XEX

tell me i downloaded the wrong one...but the one i been trying to burn is ISO

once ISO is burned then the 360 don't even know i got a disc in and keeps trying to read....., burnt a disc that just has xex menu and that opens but of course from the disk.....

Last edited:
ya don't want XEXLoader.....

thats an older version.

XEXMenu is what you want.....they changed the name. The latest is 1.1 (or was it 1.0.1)

hope my memorys right....

there should be 2 files - the xex rar and the live rar

extract the xex rar...and burn it as data...so in other words the contents of the files should be on the root of the cd (doesnt need to be dual layer - can be a cdr)

Copy to the usb hdd the LIVE rar extracted

Launch from the CD...and then you should be able to copy over the Live files to the proper place

Thanks buddy, i got it sorted last night.

I must admit there isn't really a good walk through for us n00bs.

DJJama helped me on msn - top man!

He sent me live.rar which i extracted onto a usb key so i had a folder structure like

0000000000000000 >C0DE9999>00080000>C0DE99990F586558

then i think i copied that over using XeX menu that i had on CD that i booted from and wallah it worked.....(exactly like you have posted mate) i have a little tut that i kept that i might post for the n00b like my self that seemed like i was the only one that didn't know about the blue and the yellow buttons etc when in the XeX menu!

All sorted now....just going to make a new thread on how to copy a game.:banana:

Thanks to all that helped!

aye and when you find that out you will wish you never bought such big drives...honestly it takes ages....

you need to shove game in pc then use clone cd to get the image then use xbox image reader to get the files you want and put them in a folder on the externals called 'games'... it will be about 30-45mins a game and then you will find not all work with the internal xbox drive (like i am finding out)

ah.... well it's been a massive learning curve like, (i know you seen me other thread on copying a game)

When you say that they don't all work - is that using your process of copying them over or like in that other thread using the xbox?

no its a wierd issue, its like take silent hill 5 for instance, i copy on the usb and then over to the xnox drive, i go to open and play from the xbox and it says 'the disc is unreadable' tee hee made me giggle, and then i opened it from the external drive and it worked????

just incase the other way of copying them over doesn't work, where do i get xbox image reader from, and what files do i need is it the largest ones inside the ISO of the game?

so i make a folder on them hard drives called games and then copy them over to there respectfull folders inside that....

Thanks buddy, one last question, in the video that i posted above my menu don't look like that, so at 1.12 minutes through the video mine isn't like that (is that an old one or a new version) mine looks like this....

mines dont even look like urs... is it xexmenu 1.1?

i'm downloading it again and will have another try when i get home the night.

I notice on xbins that there's

NXE2GOD and INGENIOUX (BETA) take it these are new dashboards released 6th Feb 2010?

Back